[Game] Kings vs Suns 7:30PM PDT/10:30 PM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Good game Kings fans. It was a tight one. . I do think Suns were very careless with the ball and you guys managed to get some clutch offensive rebounds too whenever Suns got a stop which made things even tougher.

I do agree that refs didn’t give you a fair shake in the 4th qtr. Several missed calls when Nurk or KD were hacking Sabonis and one of our defenders hit Ellis on one of his 3pt attempts too I think. But don’t think for one second that the refs were doing this to help the Suns…Suns matter to the refs as much as the Kings do, both small market teams. This was done to help LeBron and the Lakers who now have a chance at #7 seed and avoiding Denver in the 1st round who have been spanking them for years.

Suns have been a massive disappointment and will be losing in the first or second round anyway. I have no hopes for this season and the roster and cap space and everything is ****ed anyway.

Damn as Chargers fan also, I feel kind of attacked. But at the same time, Harbaugh is here now so I definitely feel more safe.

He had 5 fouls and 4 turnovers so this wasn’t a great game by any means but garbage is bit too strong. But he still had 21 pts on 7/12 shooting with 5 rebounds and 6 assists. Mediocre game by his standards.

Yeah I also chucked a bit that comment saying Fox is exhausted. The star player on the team Fox was playing KD is like 10 years older than Fox and played more minutes today and averages more mins than Fox for the season. I don’t think fatigue should be reason for Fox’s blunders considering his age.
Fair enough! I don't think Booker played terribly either, I just get really annoyed with all of his ref baiting. He's a terrific player but he's also become hard to watch as an opposing fan. I blame Chris Paul for teaching him all of his dirty tricks.

And for what it's worth, I'm pretty sure this whole board will be rooting for your team to eliminate the Lakers if it comes to that. Hopefully our positive vibes will help!

Fair enough! I don't think Booker played terribly either, I just get really annoyed with all of his ref baiting. He's a terrific player but he's also become hard to watch as an opposing fan. I blame Chris Paul for teaching him all of his dirty tricks.

And for what it's worth, I'm pretty sure this whole board will be rooting for your team to eliminate the Lakers if it comes to that. Hopefully our positive vibes will help!
Oh yeah Booker definitely whines after every call. If he puts forth half as much effort into defense that he does whining, he’d be a top 10 defender in the league.

And thank you! I hope Pelicans beat Lakers on Sunday but knowing the Lakers, I bet CJ goes 1/12 on Sunday after having made like 20 threes on 60% shooting in their last 3 games.

But if pelican win at la we become 8th
IF we win with Portland of course
Pelicans play at home (another difference between Europe and USA not to mention the host first), and Ingram is expected to return as well. If I am not wrong (too many calculations lately) in case LAL loses, SAC and GSW wins will be a triple tie again and Lakers will fall to 10th place (Kings 8th, Warriors 9th).

Pelicans play at home (another difference between Europe and USA not to mention the host first), and Ingram is expected to return as well. If I am not wrong (too many calculations lately) in case LAL loses, SAC and GSW wins will be a triple tie again and Lakers will fall to 10th place (Kings 8th, Warriors 9th).
Yes yes they difference I remember from the time of MJ and Bulls :)
I just had some wrong memory that the game is at LA , but Pels are hosts …
So we are in the run for 8th … still ….

Another total choke job by this Kings team.

We're getting bounced in the play-in, regardless of whether it's LA or GS. This team is mentally weak.

At least we'll keep our lottery pick. Monte absolutely has to hit because this team as constructed has very few ways to actually improve.

62 seconds left in the game, you are up 4 points and with the ball in your hands. What follows are 2 turnovers, 1 defensive and 1 offensive foul and you lose the game by 1.

This team is mentally weak and the coaching staff has miserably failed one of their main tasks - to motivate the players and to make sure they have confidence in their own abilities.

All of the rotation guys are playing with fear that they will be subbed out and DNP-ed in case they make a single mistake, on the other hand you have guys like HB, who are untouchable.

The starters (with the exception of Fox) don't know how to play winning basketball and close out games.

At the bottom of this is Mike Brown - a coach who does not know how to adapt and to make changes mid-game. A lot of you are giving Keon Ellis as an example of how one can blossom under his supervision, but the matter of fact is Ellis is never getting those minutes if Huerter and Monk are healthy.

"Spray threes" ot however you want to call the monstrosity of basketball strategy has proven to be ineffective, yet the Kings still shoot 3pt like their lives depend on it.

I see how a lot of you (including Brown and Fox) are looking for excuses and finding them in some ref calls (which were totally legit this game) but this is not a winner's mentality. You do a self-reflection, swallow your pride and admit you are wrong and that's that.

If that does not change, the Kings will always be a mediocre team, struggling to go past the first round or even make the playoffs as it is this year

62 seconds left in the game, you are up 4 points and with the ball in your hands. What follows are 2 turnovers, 1 defensive and 1 offensive foul and you lose the game by 1.

This team is mentally weak and the coaching staff has miserably failed one of their main tasks - to motivate the players and to make sure they have confidence in their own abilities.

All of the rotation guys are playing with fear that they will be subbed out and DNP-ed in case they make a single mistake, on the other hand you have guys like HB, who are untouchable.

The starters (with the exception of Fox) don't know how to play winning basketball and close out games.

At the bottom of this is Mike Brown - a coach who does not know how to adapt and to make changes mid-game. A lot of you are giving Keon Ellis as an example of how one can blossom under his supervision, but the matter of fact is Ellis is never getting those minutes if Huerter and Monk are healthy.

"Spray threes" ot however you want to call the monstrosity of basketball strategy has proven to be ineffective, yet the Kings still shoot 3pt like their lives depend on it.

I see how a lot of you (including Brown and Fox) are looking for excuses and finding them in some ref calls (which were totally legit this game) but this is not a winner's mentality. You do a self-reflection, swallow your pride and admit you are wrong and that's that.

If that does not change, the Kings will always be a mediocre team, struggling to go past the first round or even make the playoffs as it is this year
Would also like to add that last year Kings won many games at the end with Fox being superb, but this year the opponents defense in the last minutes are closing on him still we have seen zero plays that is not Fox against all 5 opponents at the ends of 4th quarters. Actually it's at the end of every quarter that Fox takes the ball going for it, sometimes he does well but most of those times are not when the 4th quarter ends but one of the previous quarters.

That's a fair take. I particularly agree with the bolded sentences. That's what Paige Bueckers did after Connecticut's loss to Iowa.

Sometimes it takes the advent of a strong-minded player to turn a program around. Sabonis has incredible will, but he is not a true leader. When I was young, Michigan State hired a good coach from Montana named Jud Heathcote. He managed to recruit just such a leader in a local player from Lansing, Earvin Johnson, with an uncanny knack for seeing the court and making passes. Johnson complained that his teammates were not catching the ball when he passed to them in practice. Heathcote told him to aim the ball at their heads and they would catch on soon enough. That's what Earvin did.

Two years later, Michigan State won a national championship against Indiana State and a magnificent player named Larry Bird. Earvin "Magic" Johnson went on to become an NBA champion with the Los Angeles Lakers.

Thank you. Still waiting for my apologies for getting absolutely crucified for saying very similar things three months ago. That's ok, I'd rather be right!

Talking about the refs and to be fair... I think Fox wasn't called for 8 second violation twice. One was for sure (when he jumped fast to cross the middle of the court, and there was one more later on with the shot clock showing 16" the time he was crossing over. I think both times were before the last 2 minutes so it won't be on the report.
NBA changed rule on this few years - Clock has to show 15 for it to be violation because clock starts at 23.99 technically. I know the 2nd play you're referencing and he got over just in time.

No way we make. Which 2 teams benefits the nba more kings, lakers, warriors, suns. We are last on that list in viewership. They forgot about us last year so it was too late to change things with calls during the game. So they made sure of it this time around.

Call me a debbie downer or whatever but losing to Dallas twice, Pels, and Suns AT HOME that were all important games is telling. This team is mentally weak and crumbles in the 2nd half. I dont think they will get out of the play-in, which is ok by me, maybe Monte can do something with the draft pick or get an athletic 4, someone who can create there own shot other than Fox and Monk.

The bottom line is the Kings need to be smarter at the end of games. We rely too much on Fox being "clutch" at the end. Without another threat like Monk out there it is too easy to focus on Fox. They need to run plays to get others open. Yes the officiating could be better but the Kings should take a time out to remind everyone to play smart.

Call me a debbie downer or whatever but losing to Dallas twice, Pels, and Suns AT HOME that were all important games is telling. This team is mentally weak and crumbles in the 2nd half. I dont think they will get out of the play-in, which is ok by me, maybe Monte can do something with the draft pick or get an athletic 4, someone who can create there own shot other than Fox and Monk.
I think it’s pretty clear at least this year neither Fox nor Sabonis can be leaned on in crunch time. All of those teams had go to players in Luka, Zion and Durant the Kings couldn’t stop.

The bottom line is the Kings need to be smarter at the end of games. We rely too much on Fox being "clutch" at the end. Without another threat like Monk out there it is too easy to focus on Fox. They need to run plays to get others open. Yes the officiating could be better but the Kings should take a time out to remind everyone to play smart.
Teams are a lot easier to guard, when you know there is only one player who is allowed to take the last shot. That's why we see Phoenix running 3 guys at Fox and leaving others wide open. Just low % basketball

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
So if Nurkic was fined 2,000$ for flopping last night, perhaps Booker should give his whole contract to a charity of Adam Silver's choice? Oh wait... he didn't get fined at all. So in that moment that he pretended he fell from Sabonis screen what was the case, the court wasn't dry?

Honestly, that wasn't even that bad - didn't look to me like he was selling a call, I just thought he lost his balance trying to recover the steal.

He was definitely holding Domas on that last play where Domas got called for boxing out though.

Time for spoiler mentality. Lets eliminate the Warriors in the play in!!!
I would prefer the Kings just lose out and secure the #13 draft pick.

The worst thing that can happen is for the Warriors to pick one pick ahead of us and draft the player we wanted at #13, I'd rather write this season off and try to get the best draft pick we can secure and that we require us losing the next 2 games. We aren't going anywhere special with this team (especially with Monk out) this year.

Teams are a lot easier to guard, when you know there is only one player who is allowed to take the last shot. That's why we see Phoenix running 3 guys at Fox and leaving others wide open. Just low % basketball
This. Fox is the only guy that scares teams at the end of games. Sabonis is not a scorer. He is a facilitator. Dallas has Doncic and Irving. PHX has Durant and Booker. NO has Mccullum, Zion, Ingram. Go down the list of top teams and they have 2 - 3 that will bury you at the end of games, so you can't triple team any one person.

This is not an effort issue for the Kings. The guys play hard, but don't have enough pieces to compete with the big boys. Most of us knew this coming into the season, but were hoping maybe Keegan could take that leap. Malik had been filling that role of 2nd scorer and probably would have helped us get over the top of a few of the most recent loses. But I still think the Kings need a wing player with size that can create his own shot.

This. Fox is the only guy that scares teams at the end of games. Sabonis is not a scorer. He is a facilitator. Dallas has Doncic and Irving. PHX has Durant and Booker. NO has Mccullum, Zion, Ingram. Go down the list of top teams and they have 2 - 3 that will bury you at the end of games, so you can't triple team any one person.

This is not an effort issue for the Kings. The guys play hard, but don't have enough pieces to compete with the big boys. Most of us knew this coming into the season, but were hoping maybe Keegan could take that leap. Malik had been filling that role of 2nd scorer and probably would have helped us get over the top of a few of the most recent loses. But I still think the Kings need a wing player with size that can create his own shot.
Why not run an actual play, where Murray is an option for a catch and shoot? Good coaching involves calling plays with multiple options, where you can react to what the defense does

Status
Not open for further replies.