[Game] Kings vs. Spurs, 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

It's why I didn't get excited over this run but I didn't want to be a negative Nancy and poo on people's excitement either. It's just clear as day that this is the same old same old "make a run at it until you're mathematically eliminated" instead of doing what smart teams do and shut it down when the writing is clearly on the wall.
I’d agree that is typically our MO but we are doing this without our 3 best players. It wasn’t by design obviously but you can’t ask the Players and coaches to stop trying. The only team that actively tanked this year was OkC and t be honest I hope they get screwed in the draft. And this is coming from a pro play your young guys version of tanking guy

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I’d agree that is typically our MO but we are doing this without our 3 best players. It wasn’t by design obviously but you can’t ask the Players and coaches to stop trying. The only team that actively tanked this year was OkC and t be honest I hope they get screwed in the draft. And this is coming from a pro play your young guys version of tanking guy
Considering we were down to like ten active players for stretches of the last couple of games, we couldn't even fall back on the “rest the good players” crutch for most of that win streak.

Last edited:
It's why I didn't get excited over this run but I didn't want to be a negative Nancy and poo on people's excitement either. It's just clear as day that this is the same old same old "make a run at it until you're mathematically eliminated" instead of doing what smart teams do and shut it down when the writing is clearly on the wall.
I was hopeful I would be proven wrong and the team would make the right plays in the end. Sadly, Buddy continues with WTF turnovers and our other guys couldn’t make shots when it mattered.

They are great role players and a back court rotation of Fox, Hali as starters with Buddy, Wright and hopefully Davis off the bench will be a good back court.

I worry about having to pay Davis and losing him. I suspect Masai didn’t want to pay him that much either and for this year he would hurt the tank. Toronto sits in the 7th spot which isn’t a bad spot. OKC in a 3 way tie for 4th. Expect some pretty ugly basketball these next two games.

Considering we were down to like ten active players for stretches of the last couple of games, we could even fall back on the “rest the good players” crutch for most of that win streak.
it’s why you don’t acquire good journeyman vets at the trade deadline. You acquire G leaguers with potential and sign non guaranteed contracts. We now have players not good enough to beat San Antonio ( who had lost 5 in a row) and too good to lose to OKC. Smart front offices pick a direction and commit to it. Front offices with the dumbest owner in sports “keep all their options open”.

The Kings ending up 10th yet again is totally on McNair and no one else. He made the bet not to tank. He had a fan base open to it. Very little external pressure in his “free year”.

Toronto sat Lowry the last game and are sitting Lowry and VanVleet against Memphis. Toronto isn’t going to lose the 7th spot. OKC isn’t the only one.

Toronto sat Lowry the last game and are sitting Lowry and VanVleet against Memphis. Toronto isn’t going to lose the 7th spot. OKC isn’t the only one.
But Toronto won games while resting guys too. They beat the lakers and in April won 4 of 5. They are basically where we are but their gm is great and ours is an idiot? They sit Lowry and van vleet. We sit fox and Barnes. They beat the lakers no big deal. We beat the lakers, we don’t know what we’re doing?

If the Kings started four 10 day players and the Sign Lady at power forward Kings fans would be complaining about how management should have anticipated the new player bump.

The kings are playing with a quarter of their roster and have had no business winning this many late season games.

The Raptors are right in the mix for the play-in and are still playing their two best players. I don’t buy a tank from them yet. Now once they are officially eliminated I could see them pulling the plug entirely

it’s why you don’t acquire good journeyman vets at the trade deadline. You acquire G leaguers with potential and sign non guaranteed contracts. We now have players not good enough to beat San Antonio ( who had lost 5 in a row) and too good to lose to OKC. Smart front offices pick a direction and commit to it. Front offices with the dumbest owner in sports “keep all their options open”.

The Kings ending up 10th yet again is totally on McNair and no one else. He made the bet not to tank. He had a fan base open to it. Very little external pressure in his “free year”.
I think our cap predicament (not Monte's fault) led us to take on a few guys with deals that expire after next season. Incidentally you are the person that wanted us to be stuck with Bogi or take on bad contracts for a second rounder which would have left us with even less flexibility.

But Toronto won games while resting guys too. They beat the lakers and in April won 4 of 5. They are basically where we are but their gm is great and ours is an idiot? They sit Lowry and van vleet. We sit fox and Barnes. They beat the lakers no big deal. We beat the lakers, we don’t know what we’re doing?
let’s see where people finish shall we? I also think Toronto has way more talent on their roster.

If the Kings started four 10 day players and the Sign Lady at power forward Kings fans would be complaining about how management should have anticipated the new player bump.

The kings are playing with a quarter of their roster and have had no business winning this many late season games.

The Raptors are right in the mix for the play-in and are still playing their two best players. I don’t buy a tank from them yet. Now once they are officially eliminated I could see them pulling the plug entirely
not sure who you think their two best players are..... their board is calling the game against Washington a tank.

I think our cap predicament (not Monte's fault) led us to take on a few guys with deals that expire after next season. Incidentally you are the person that wanted us to be stuck with Bogi or take on bad contracts for a second rounder which would have left us with even less flexibility.
Let’s be clear......

if we wanted to make the play-offs we should have kept Bogi. Not sure if you have watched any Hawks games but Bogi is key for them being in the 4th/5th spot.

over the last 15 games Bogi is averaging:

22.3 ppg 4.2 assists 3.9 rebounds

if we wanted to tank we should have got a second rounder and a TPE and no we would not have had to take on a bad contract.

Delon does not expire next year. We added about 9M in cap dollars not reducing cap dollars.

lastly, you live in Portland. Why in the hell are you a Kings fan? At least many of us can claim we legitimately have no other local options.

Let’s be clear......

if we wanted to make the play-offs we should have kept Bogi. Not sure if you have watched any Hawks games but Bogi is key for them being in the 4th/5th spot.

over the last 15 games Bogi is averaging:

22.3 ppg 4.2 assists 3.9 rebounds

if we wanted to tank we should have got a second rounder and a TPE and no we would not have had to take on a bad contract.

Delon does not expire next year. We added about 9M in cap dollars not reducing cap dollars.

lastly, you live in Portland. Why in the hell are you a Kings fan? At least many of us can claim we legitimately have no other local options.
Bogi getting credit for the wins in ATL??? Two words....Coach McMillan

SLAB

Hall of Famer
What in the hell gives you or any of us the right to decide who can or can’t be a Kings fan?
Imo the question was just asked/phrased in the most abrasive way possible. “Hey, I see you’re in Portland what brought you to being a Kings fan?” hits a lot different from what was posted. I often wonder myself how people who seemingly have somewhat random favorite teams gravitated to said teams.

Imo the question was just asked/phrased in the most abrasive way possible. “Hey, I see you’re in Portland what brought you to being a Kings fan?” hits a lot different from what was posted. I often wonder myself how people who seemingly have somewhat random favorite teams gravitated to said teams.
They may seem random but perhaps aren't. PdxKingsFan gave his reason. History. I'm in Kentucky but returned to California from overseas when the team first moved there. First NBA team I paid any attention to. Despite thinking California is anything but Golden and having no desire to returning again the Kings are still my team. Kentucky has no team but the States around have teams and I simply can't find myself changing teams. Stupid is as Stupid does?

SLAB

Hall of Famer
They may seem random but perhaps aren't. PdxKingsFan gave his reason. History. I'm in Kentucky but returned to California from overseas when the team first moved there. First NBA team I paid any attention to. Despite thinking California is anything but Golden and having no desire to returning again the Kings are still my team. Kentucky has no team but the States around have teams and I simply can't find myself changing teams. Stupid is as Stupid does?
For sure, and I wasn’t talking about anyone in particular here. Ie; on Twitter I know someone who’s a Giants fan, Browns fan, and Penguins fan and I ask myself when he talks non-Giants stuff “how did that combination of teams come to be?” Examples like that. Lol

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
For sure, and I wasn’t talking about anyone in particular here. Ie; on Twitter I know someone who’s a Giants fan, Browns fan, and Penguins fan and I ask myself when he talks non-Giants stuff “how did that combination of teams come to be?” Examples like that. Lol
and that is the beauty in having no affiliation with any particular city, you can be all over the place. Not that you can't otherwise, but that may be one legit reason

If anything, someone who moves away but are still fans is higher on the pecking order of fandom to me. You have a built in reason the jump ship from this garbage fire of a team. You are either a true fan, or crazy...or both. :p
I'm loyal to a fault. Fortunately my next stop in life had some good teams to root for. Never won anything during my stay until 3 years after I moved though except college hockey.

A good question which deserves a well-thought-out response from the OP.
Geez apparently I phrased it poorly.

It was meant, light heartedly, as why would you sign up for this pain when you live in a town with another NBA team. In the 80’s, before moving to Sac I was a Clippers season ticket holder but upon coming to Sac I switched to being a Kings fan. I’ve seen a lot of bad basketball

It’s been a rough 15 years which everyone here has stuck it out. Not meant to be critical more amazement why put yourself through such frustration.

I grew up in Sacramento and have been a fan since day one.
yeah my son has moved to Tucson and I have a relative that works for another team. Somehow we still talk Kings. My excuse is I still live here and they are literally the only game in town.

Sac has to be unique for its size with no major college sports and one pro team.