[Game] Kings vs. Spurs, 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

I’d agree that is typically our MO but we are doing this without our 3 best players. It wasn’t by design obviously but you can’t ask the Players and coaches to stop trying. The only team that actively tanked this year was OkC and t be honest I hope they get screwed in the draft. And this is coming from a pro play your young guys version of tanking guy
I’m very ok with largely playing the young talent you’re hoping to develop. And with those guys competing hard and playing to win. That’s not tanking in my book.

I just won’t ever subscribe to filling up the roster with guys you expect to lose with and don’t expect to be part of your future. And I’ll never be ok with managing the end of games with the goal of losing.

But once a season is decided and you’re going nowhere, it’s foolish not to see what you have in your young prospects.

I'm in Kentucky but returned to California from overseas when the team first moved there. First NBA team I paid any attention to. Despite thinking California is anything but Golden and having no desire to returning again the Kings are still my team.
Sorry, but you have to admit there’s a bit of irony in this statement considering you reside in Kentucky! Which the masses see as less Golden.

Not trying to bust your balls on where you choose to live, but I just found that part of your statement amusing. Like anywhere, there are some beautiful parts of that state.

Regardless, I’m glad you’ve remained a fellow fan despite the distance that separates us.

I’m not saying he can or can’t. It’s more why would anyone sign up for this torture when it’s not your home town team anymore????
You really shouldn't have to explain yourself. Your light hearted joke was completely obvious from the start. I think you've just developed a bit of a "fan club" as of late so the claws are out as soon as people start reading your posts.

You really shouldn't have to explain yourself. Your light hearted joke was completely obvious from the start. I think you've just developed a bit of a "fan club" as of late so the claws are out as soon as people start reading your posts.
yeah I wish I was wrong but let’s take stock of where we are after McNair’s first year.

1) in terms of finishing we are tracking to 10-11 which is actually one spot worse than last year 12. But likely not worse enough to get a top 4 pick.

2) in terms of assets: picks and trade exemptions we have fewer assets than at the end of last year.

So, at this moment, we are a worst team with fewer assets to get better. Now perhaps McNair will be lucky or an exceptional drafter and make up for the above. For all of us let’s hope it’s the case.

Sorry, but you have to admit there’s a bit of irony in this statement considering you reside in Kentucky! Which the masses see as less Golden.

Not trying to bust your balls on where you choose to live, but I just found that part of your statement amusing. Like anywhere, there are some beautiful parts of that state.

Regardless, I’m glad you’ve remained a fellow fan despite the distance that separates us.
It is ironic. It is a poor State. Demographically I'm part of the working poor yet I live on enough land to put a couple arenas with level parking and have room to spare. As it is, there is small thickets along with a small pond on the property . Saw wild turkies today and it's not uncommon to see several deer in the field. Poor but extremely rich.

lastly, you live in Portland. Why in the hell are you a Kings fan? At least many of us can claim we legitimately have no other local options.
Interesting. By that logic, what about someone like me who has no connections with Sacramento (apart from visiting 3 times; once for running the CIM, and twice since my son had school events there), lives in Bay Area, and has a wonderful team to support? I have been a fan for over 20 years, through some of the most trying times a fan can endure (I know the old timers believe that the past was worse, but I have only the relatively recent history to fall back upon).

I became a fan, since when I first moved to US from India, BB was the only sport I was following here, and that era Kings team was awesome. Not only were we good, we were fun, and enjoyed playing with each other. Never got to watch too many games, but the Kings games were more fun to watch than any other team. Even when we lost in the conference finals, I was convinced we were the better team, and got shafted by the refs. Long story short, became a fan then, and despite the gross mismanagement and the frustrations since, can't just change my fandom to some other team now. In many ways, W became the Kings of the earlier era (with more success), sharing the ball, having fun, and winning. Despite that, and them being the local team, I find myself unable to root for them, particularly when they play the Kings. That's just the way it is.

Interesting. By that logic, what about someone like me who has no connections with Sacramento (apart from visiting 3 times; once for running the CIM, and twice since my son had school events there), lives in Bay Area, and has a wonderful team to support? I have been a fan for over 20 years, through some of the most trying times a fan can endure (I know the old timers believe that the past was worse, but I have only the relatively recent history to fall back upon).

I became a fan, since when I first moved to US from India, BB was the only sport I was following here, and that era Kings team was awesome. Not only were we good, we were fun, and enjoyed playing with each other. Never got to watch too many games, but the Kings games were more fun to watch than any other team. Even when we lost in the conference finals, I was convinced we were the better team, and got shafted by the refs. Long story short, became a fan then, and despite the gross mismanagement and the frustrations since, can't just change my fandom to some other team now. In many ways, W became the Kings of the earlier era (with more success), sharing the ball, having fun, and winning. Despite that, and them being the local team, I find myself unable to root for them, particularly when they play the Kings. That's just the way it is.
There are actually a ton of fans just like you. That had no ties to the area but became fans during the 98-05 era. A lot of them in Europe, though, due to the Euro influence on the team. But clearly more global than that.

I like hearing these stories. And really love that fans like you aren’t front runners and stick with the team. To me, that’s one of the true definitions of ‘fan’.

Naw @sactowndog ain’t that bad. He has his opinions which can differ sometime from the crowd but he sticks to his guns and most of the time has facts to back it up. I don’t recall him being too aggressive or abrasive (prob why that joke came off the way it did to most) and never considered him a “troll” like others I’ve seen in the past. Like someone else mentioned it’s not what you say, it’s how you say it. Luckily it was just in jest and actually started a pretty cool dialog in this thread.

Last edited: