[Game] Kings vs. Raptors - Wednesday, Nov. 7 - 7:00 PM PDT

What will be the result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Kings come home to Arco Arena ... I mean the Golden 1 Center and they're bringing Canada with them. Toronto Raptors bring a hot start but maybe not their hottest player. Kawhi Leonard as of 9:04 Pacific time on Tuesday has not been ruled out nor has he been ruled in for the game against the Kings.

Understandably, without the knowledge of Leonard's status it becomes much more difficult to ascertain an educated opinion as to what to look for in the game. Therefore, Lord willing and the creek don't rise, I will edit this post one way or the other as that information comes

Looking at the basic numbers, there are two major things difference between the Raptors and the Kings, total wins and total defense. The Kings not have a major discrepancy in rebounding, shooting, turnovers, assists, or anything else like that. At the end of the day the Raptors just defend better. And a three-game difference in record proves that defense matters.

20181106_105704.png

Projected Starting 5:
Raptors:
Lowry
Green
OG
Siakam
Valanciunas
(Heavy minute reserves: Van Fleet, Ibaka)
[Unknown: Leonard]

Kings:
Fox
Buddy
Shumpert/Bogdan
Bjelica
WCS
(Heavy Minute reserves: Jackson, Bagley, Shumpert/Bogdan)

Can the return of Bogey even out the potential return of Leonard?

How will the young kings look against one of the best teams in the east after getting drummed by another one of the best teams in the East?

How will the comfortability of playing at home aid in bouncing back after the loss to the Bucks?

In what is certain to be a favorable matchup, can Willie get back to form again after a foul play the game against Milwaukee?

Can either Shumpert or Jackson have a big game in what should be one of the more favorable matchups in the league (not that Anunoby is a scrub, just that he is not LeBron, Durant, Giannis, George, Leonard, etc...)?

Thoughts?

Last edited:

dude12

Hall of Famer
I think we have a chance especially if Leonard doesn’t play. There is no explosive freak like GA that we can’t guard, obviously Leonard is very good but I like our matchup of Fox vs Lowry. That goes a long way in our favor.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Probably gonna have a little losing streak going after this one.

If the Kings actually win I'm gonna lose my ****.

If it's a loss? *shrug* Raps are real good.

Maybe Joerger can get himself a T if the refs try to castrate the team again. They did a horrendous job in Milwaukee.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
It's like going from the frying pan into the fire. The only way it could be harder would be to play Golden State after Toronto.

All I want from the Kings is improvement. Play your game, running the ball. Get better with defensive communication. Don't worry about the other team; be concerned with your own game. Share the ball, even when you're under pressure. Learn from your mistakes. Play hard.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
the Kings are going to get punished on the boards in this one. Valanciunas, Ibaka, Siakam & Leonard (if he plays), are all big & strong and too much to handle for the Kings inside. It's nice to have Bogs back but I think he will be rusty for a few games and he needs to get acclimated with his new teammates. I'll be surprised if this isn't a drubbing.

the Kings are going to get punished on the boards in this one. Valanciunas, Ibaka, Siakam & Leonard (if he plays), are all big & strong and too much to handle for the Kings inside. It's nice to have Bogs back but I think he will be rusty for a few games and he needs to get acclimated with his new teammates. I'll be surprised if this isn't a drubbing.
This is a learning experience and a bit of a preseason game for Bogdanovich if he plays. Anything better than the Bucks game and I'll be happy.

I think the margin of victory might be in the 6-9 point range, but don't see a way to vote for that.

+Bogdan, -Leonard might be a win, but I don't expect that kind of luck.
I don't think Bogdan will have a huge impact the first game he plays after second surgery. I expect him to strugle for a couple of weeks, maybe month before he regains his form and confidence.

Last edited:
Nobody ever interacts with the ticket board so I want to pop in here and say I have one single ticket - super great spot - for face value or below on the ticket board. single ticket 119 row A. Should be electric tonight (I hope so). I will be there in different seats.

Kings in a blowout. Raptors quit early in 4th and go to garbage time.

Couldn't have picked a perfect time for Bogi to come back. I have some confidence our starters can somewhat hang with Toronto, but man, their bench would (and probably still will) massacre us.

Young talent can always get a boost from home crowd emotion, which makes this team exciting to watch. Hopefully they can keep it close and have a chance to win tonight.

Bogdan cleared according to "Return of Bogi" thread. Buddy,Bogdan,Bjelica, aka BBB (prounounced tripple B to allude to their 3pt shooting prowes) will probably make its first apperance tonight. there should be space galore for Fox/WC$ to do their thing...
Hopefully starting together (if Bogdan is in game shape)