[Game] Kings vs. Raptors, 11/19/21 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

Kings Pain-o-meter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping in the next 12 hours or so Stocktons watchability factor decreases dramatically if you get my drift.
I was hoping for that already.

That said, as long as the team plays hard and together, they are watchable. I must clarify, that I don't watch games, but follow the games online in real time and watch highlights later, since I was too cheap (and busy) to invest in a league pass. So, easy for me to "watch" the team. But I think you get what I mean.

I was hoping for that already.

That said, as long as the team plays hard and together, they are watchable. I must clarify, that I don't watch games, but follow the games online in real time and watch highlights later, since I was too cheap (and busy) to invest in a league pass. So, easy for me to "watch" the team. But I think you get what I mean.
I believe the word for you is SMART. haha. I have to admit, for the first time in forever, I've been tempted to just do the highlight thing. The NBA ones show the whole game but only the good parts, haha. Way easier to watch.

De’Aaron was never a leader, but remember the good Ol’ days when he at least looked engaged and like he enjoyed doing basketball?

Dude looks miserable and like he’s rather be anywhere else on the planet now. And it’s been that way from the start. Did he get paid and just IMMEDIATELY check as far out as humanly possible? Is something else up? I mean, we don’t know and we’ve all been asking these questions but man… this is the most baffling part of the season for me.
De'Aaron Fox was great at the start of the season in Portland. After that, he ain't the same....not sure what the hell happened. You would think that with him bulking up...he would attack the basket more this year and getting to the line more...but it doesn't appear that way. I guess the rule change frustrated him from doing it since he get no call. If you trade him for Simmons, I imagine it will be even worst. The guy can't shoot and if he attack the basket, he ain't getting call either. If you're going to trade Fox, it will have to be someone like a superstar SG someone like Paul George.

Blame Walton, or blame the guy who hired the guy who hired Walton to appease fans?

Blame McNair or the guy who hired him?

Blame the next FO and inept coach or the guy who hired them?

Poo rolls downhill.
I blame the owner for being stingy and unwilling to spend big money every year. Always satisfy with the same roster and minimal upgrade.

Nailed it. Fox has inexplicably gone from a rising star to looking quite pedestrian. Why the precipitous decline? It’s vexing.
Nice relating adjective - "pedestrian".
If Fox is actually the 2nd or 3rd fastest player in the NBA or the 1st, you'd think he could be torching defenders and close to league leader in p.p.g. maybe among other things Ah,, here are several thoughts or possible current related observations on this:

a. The actual speed/quickness differential is overstated and inflated - he's only a half step faster (not 2 or 3).
b. He is currently going at 80%-90% due to disinterest, dissatisfaction, frustration ,or unknown injury
c. The actual differential is there but it doesn't affect the desired results as one might think. (ie it doesn't matter much)
d. Corollary of "c", speed/quickness do not matter as much as shooting, motor, reaction time, focus, some other aspects
e. Corollary to "c" speed/quickness advantage from a single player is muted in basketball due to the high-scoring nature of the game.
f. Corollary to "c" speed/quickness advantage from a single player is muted in basketball due to having 4 other average or slow players.
f. Corollary to "b", Fox may be wondering/questioning his role or trying to cognize the game differently
g. Fox is trying to figure it out himself and is unsure how to proceed - he's in a funk, but all players can go through funks
h. Kings fans expectations of him may be too elevated, and to go through a slump is par for athletes. Give him 10 more games to right his performance

As others have pointed out, Fox's slump is one of quite a few problems at the moment. The goal for this perpetually poor-to-mediocre team is still. 500 for the season and 8th seed fodder. Some folks have noticed Barnes has also slumped down to average too, but not getting as much attention.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
If you want some insight on Fox, just watch the first quarter, especially the end of the quarter. Watch when on a defensive possession and being about 7 feet from the basket he does absolutely nothing as his man jogs under the basket for offensive rebounds that lead to baskets. Not once, but TWICE he did that. He doesn't box the guy out at all. He didn't touch him! It's as if he's a disinterested observer in another world, or a guy who just will not do the "dirty work" necessary to win games. Buddy was just as bad. No wonder Toronto felt confident. When you know your opponent is not going to put a body on you going under the basket, anybody would feel confident. This is garbage that this team is doing. To my mind, both Fox and Hield don't want to be here and they could give a ****.

If you want some insight on Fox, just watch the first quarter, especially the end of the quarter. Watch when on a defensive possession and being about 7 feet from the basket he does absolutely nothing as his man jogs under the basket for offensive rebounds that lead to baskets. Not once, but TWICE he did that. He doesn't box the guy out at all. He didn't touch him! It's as if he's a disinterested observer in another world, or a guy who just will not do the "dirty work" necessary to win games. Buddy was just as bad. No wonder Toronto felt confident. When you know your opponent is not going to put a body on you going under the basket, anybody would feel confident. This is garbage that this team is doing. To my mind, both Fox and Hield don't want to be here and they could give a ****.
That is what happens when a player’s focus is only on offense. Fox, Buddy, WCS, Bags…what’s the common denominator there? Defense was/is an after thought. That generation of players need to go. The culture needs to be built on Mitchell’s grit and Hali’s connecting.

dude12

Hall of Famer
That is what happens when a player’s focus is only on offense. Fox, Buddy, WCS, Bags…what’s the common denominator there? Defense was/is an after thought. That generation of players need to go. The culture needs to be built on Mitchell’s grit and Hali’s connecting.
Lol. You want to build a franchise on 2 guys because of grit and a guy who at best is a 15 and 8 asst guy. I like those 2 guys a lot but the reality is those 2 would need need 2 star players around them….they aren’t stars. You want to get rid of the closest thing we have to that. The nba is full of “stars” who don’t really play defense.

Are problem is we have a coach who doesn’t know what the hell to do with what he has.

I think this fanbase has had its perception colored by the extreme dysfunction and vacuum of talent that has been the norm. Anyone clamoring to build around a Mitchell/Hali backcourt doesn't really understand the concept of a little thing called "NBA talent".

Mitchell low-key has a Patrick Beverley ceiling it seems. That's not worth building around in any way, shape or form.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Couldn't agree more. I hate it when players say they want to win, but really all they want to do is put up numbers.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Some of you are beyond ridiculous. Fox has done exactly zero things to bring on the BS criticism except get off to a slow start to this season for like 10 games or so and signed a max contract.
The kid has worked his ass off every year
He’s improved every year
He’s said nothing but the right thing every year about wanting to win in Sac
He’s embraced the city and the franchise when most players just don’t because we are a dumpster fire of a franchise
He’s asked to change his role this year playing off the ball more and you don’t hear any complaining from him but the opposite where he’s pushing Hali to be more selfish and shoot the ball
He’s frustrated that we aren’t winning as it should be

The dumbest thing though is wanting to trade this guy who has done all of the above for a guy who has quit on his franchise and fakes(probably) mental health issues. Some Kings fans have gone off the deep end.

The Kings do not have an elite talent on this roster. So just stop it with the “talent” hyperbole.
You're the one who pointed out wanting to build around Mitchell and Hali. Forget elite talent, that's not even serviceable talent.

It's all a bunch of bullcrap that lovable loser fanbases like this one will take pride in and pretend is a difference maker. This fanbase has always gravitated towards lesser talented, energy and grit players and pretended that throwing them together will result in some nirvana of basketball bliss that is everything this city loves.

A prime example of this was Omri Casspi over Rudy Gay.

Mitchell's better than a lot of beloved fringe guys, but I don't think he can ever be more than the 4th or 5th best guy on a team that doesn't suck. You may value his grit and defensive contributions, but he's bad at every single thing offensively.

You're the one who pointed out wanting to build around Mitchell and Hali. Forget elite talent, that's not even serviceable talent.

It's all a bunch of bullcrap that lovable loser fanbases like this one will take pride in and pretend is a difference maker. This fanbase has always gravitated towards lesser talented, energy and grit players and pretended that throwing them together will result in some nirvana of basketball bliss that is everything this city loves.

Mitchell's better than a lot of beloved fringe guys, but I don't think he can ever be more than the 4th or 5th best guy on a team that doesn't suck. You may value his grit and defensive contributions, but he's bad at every single thing offensively.
You should put more EFFORT into reading my reasoning. Grit and connecting are culture building attributes that are necessary for winning. You brought in elite talent as a reason, which this team does not have.

And for the record, I think both Hali and Mitchell will be better long term players than Fox, but I don’t think either have an elite ceiling.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Some of you are beyond ridiculous. Fox has done exactly zero things to bring on the BS criticism except get off to a slow start to this season for like 10 games or so and signed a max contract.
The kid has worked his ass off every year
He’s improved every year

He’s said nothing but the right thing every year about wanting to win in Sac
He’s embraced the city and the franchise when most players just don’t because we are a dumpster fire of a franchise
He’s asked to change his role this year playing off the ball more and you don’t hear any complaining from him but the opposite where he’s pushing Hali to be more selfish and shoot the ball
He’s frustrated that we aren’t winning as it should be

The dumbest thing though is wanting to trade this guy who has done all of the above for a guy who has quit on his franchise and fakes(probably) mental health issues. Some Kings fans have gone off the deep end.
No he hasn't! Look at this year! He gets his contract. He comes into camp in TERRIBLE FREAKING SHAPE. What does that tell you? His cardio is awful, his quickness is mediocre, his speed is average. And does he look like he's done a 1000 shots a day to get better on his outside shooting and his free throws??? Does that regression impress you as a guy who is willing to pay the price to win? NO! He wants to body build to protect his body for the NBA season, but not get in great shape for basketball. Why, after terrible, terrible, FREAKING terrible games on the road, absolutely EMBARRASSING games, after his coach repeatedly says that the guards must rebound, does he in a win they must have just stand there like a freaking tool watching as a his man waltzes to the basket for offensive rebounds????? Is this not taught in high school, college or the pro's? It's basketball 101! It POs me to no end to watch that crap. Fox is a pretender. Just like Hield is a pretender (who also is a clown). He pretends to want to win, but does he want to pay the price, to do the tough stuff like hammer his man going for an offensive rebound? Hell no! He'll sit that one out. Let someone else do the dirty work.

As far as Simmons is concerned, I agree with you. A guy who doesn't have the mental toughness necessary to win is the last thing we need. We have enough of that already.

dude12

Hall of Famer
No he hasn't! Look at this year! He gets his contract. He comes into camp in TERRIBLE FREAKING SHAPE. What does that tell you? His cardio is awful, his quickness is mediocre, his speed is average. And does he look like he's done a 1000 shots a day to get better on his outside shooting and his free throws??? Does that regression impress you as a guy who is willing to pay the price to win? NO! He wants to body build to protect his body for the NBA season, but not get in great shape for basketball. Why, after terrible, terrible, FREAKING terrible games on the road, absolutely EMBARRASSING games, after his coach repeatedly says that the guards must rebound, does he in a win they must have just stand there like a freaking tool watching as a his man waltzes to the basket for offensive rebounds????? Is this not taught in high school, college or the pro's? It's basketball 101! It POs me to no end to watch that crap. Fox is a pretender. Just like Hield is a pretender (who also is a clown). He pretends to want to win, but does he want to pay the price, to do the tough stuff like hammer his man going for an offensive rebound? Hell no! He'll sit that one out. Let someone else do the dirty work.

As far as Simmons is concerned, I agree with you. A guy who doesn't have the mental toughness necessary to win is the last thing we need. We have enough of that already.
Your saying he’s not in shape now? Lol. Ok

Dude, Mitchell hasn't even played 20 games yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.