[Game] Kings vs. Raptors, 11/19/21 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

Kings Pain-o-meter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand how Walton thought these adjustments would save his job.

You had four dynamic guards in which you could have three of them in at any time. You had switchability on the perimeter and passable spacing even if all Harkless did was flit around the perimeter and miss too many open 3s. Hence Barnes could shoot 8 threes a game and thrive doing it and get downhill whenever he wanted. You even had a big body in Len that could help stem you physicality/rebounding problem.

Was it even particularly good? No, and the 4 game slide proves that. They're missing another forward. They choke too much. But if you kept at that, I could've easily seen him keeping his job. Their net rating was the best since '06.

Then he completely flips the switch and goes with full-sized lineups again. At ALL times. He doesn't even just start with a full-sized lineup, if Metu isn't in, Bagley is. He forces Barnes back to be a full-time goddamned 3, kills the spacing, clogs the paint, and kills the switchability on defense.

This is the guy who has played Kyle Kuzma and Harrison Barnes at C. He goes to this NOW?!

And all of this for the saviors of Chimezie Metu and Marvin Bagley. For their rebounding problem. When neither of them are good defensive rebounders.

He has to be smoking rock.
I wish we could pin this post to the top of the thread and leave it there. There’s really nothing left to be said after this.

They do like Walton though. Walton is a good guy. It's hard for them to root against him and they shouldn't. This was on Monte McNair, and still is.
Monte very well could have been instructed to keep Walton for “stability” going into the season though. We don’t really know for sure. Now, if Walton lasts through the All star break and still isn’t canned, I’m willing to pin it on Monte for sure. Right now it’s an ownership issue for continuing to make the same fatal mistake over and over. Let your GM pick his own damn coach, jeez smh.

I really hope the next "point of emphasis" in the NBA is not allowing players to yell at referees for 15-20 secs after a play. It's like watching a bunch of children. the NBA is allow a crybaby culture and it sucks for the fan

Blow it, Monte. Getting blown out at home is just unacceptable.
So glad i went with my smart mind and decided against going to this crap game. Of course we’ll come out and play super hard tomorrow against the Jazz, because they actually have a good record and we like to play up to the competition, only to lose by several points at the end. Yay!!

gunks

Hall of Famer
They do like Walton though. Walton is a good guy. It's hard for them to root against him and they shouldn't. This was on Monte McNair, and still is.
Blame Walton, or blame the guy who hired the guy who hired Walton to appease fans?

Blame McNair or the guy who hired him?

Blame the next FO and inept coach or the guy who hired them?

Poo rolls downhill.

Monte very well could have been instructed to keep Walton for “stability” going into the season though. We don’t really know for sure. Now, if Walton lasts through the All star break and still isn’t canned, I’m willing to pin it on Monte for sure. Right now it’s an ownership issue for continuing to make the same fatal mistake over and over. Let your GM pick his own damn coach, jeez smh.
Yeah, we don't know and Vivek, is... Vivek, haha. Monte needed to understand his own survival will eventually be at stake. Bad guess if he thought anything other, and if last seasons up and down disappointment wasn't enough then the restructuring has to start with getting a competent GM. Dumars goes and everyone under him follows.

Blame Walton, or blame the guy who hired the guy who hired Walton to appease fans?

Blame McNair or the guy who hired him?

Blame the next FO and inept coach or the guy who hired them?

Poo rolls downhill.
True, but if your GM has any real power, which again, DUMARS effect, then this particular decision is on Monte.

Getting gobbled up by Raptors size on the boards. Theyve taken away the roll game with Hali. Translation: invisble. Dude should be our first bench big.
It's the one team that he can't out athlete for sure. The Raps need to move Siakam at some point, but Ujiri knows what he's doing. He's thinking future while the Kings are thinking outdated garbage on a team full of guards, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.