[Game] Kings vs Raptors 1/25/2023 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
1674664514205.png

You clearly seem to have been able to develop your own little "time machine"....Since your clock tells you that this game is on 10/25/2023, are you then able to tell us how that championship parade was "back" in June???? :p:p:p:p

Monte and Masai conversations probably happening……although if you noticed Coach Brown being preemptive with HB being irreplaceable and he loves the roster as is.
Yeah trading Barnes makes no sense at the moment. The only reason why it made sense previously was for rebuilding purposes.

I’m sick, can’t make tonight’s game. Selling tickets, prefer to do that here vs on seat geek. Check tickets thread. Respond there or DM me. Thanks.

I have a feeling this is going to be a very high scoring game. Raptors offense, in particular FVV and GTJ, have gone nuclear lately. This could definitely be a game where the team that loses scores 125.

I’m sick, can’t make tonight’s game. Selling tickets, prefer to do that here vs on seat geek. Check tickets thread. Respond there or DM me. Thanks.
If I were any closer, and able to make it to the game, I'd totally take you up on your offer (and not only for this game, but any of the games for which you have put your tickets up for sale for, and for which you will be putting your tickets up for sale for...).

That is, also, if I myself didn't have season tickets (which, if I were still in the area, would have been VERY highly unlikely...).

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Yeah trading Barnes makes no sense at the moment. The only reason why it made sense previously was for rebuilding purposes.
We do have to remember Barnes is an ending contract and at the beginning of the season indicated he didn't plan to re-sign. Obviously much has happened since then, but in that context you would look to move talent before you lose talent. I would hope given the current lineup & success Barnes would love to stay but honestly he's the only one that knows the answer to that question.

We do have to remember Barnes is an ending contract and at the beginning of the season indicated he didn't plan to re-sign. Obviously much has happened since then, but in that context you would look to move talent before you lose talent. I would hope given the current lineup & success Barnes would love to stay but honestly he's the only one that knows the answer to that question.
He is right there in the building. Go ask him, Mr. McNair.

He is right there in the building. Go ask him, Mr. McNair.
I was of the mind that the front office has a good idea of HB's mindset around returning or heading elsewhere in FA and that would determine whether or not they need to move him at the deadline.

But at this point, with the team currently doing so well, I get the feeling they'd hold on to him even if they know they're likely to lose him for nothing in the off-season.

I was of the mind that the front office has a good idea of HB's mindset around returning or heading elsewhere in FA and that would determine whether or not they need to move him at the deadline.

But at this point, with the team currently doing so well, I get the feeling they'd hold on to him even if they know they're likely to lose him for nothing in the off-season.
I believe the fear of HB leaving at the end of the season was always related to the lack of team success. Who would blame him for wanting to sign what could be his final contract with a team that is likely to make the playoffs? I don't think that problem exists anymore.

I believe the fear of HB leaving at the end of the season was always related to the lack of team success. Who would blame him for wanting to sign what could be his final contract with a team that is likely to make the playoffs? I don't think that problem exists anymore.
Barnes is eligible right now to sign a contract extension. "Eligibility starts on the second signing anniversary of a three or four-year contract or the third signing anniversary of a five or six-year deal." His current, four-year contract was signed in July 2019.

https://www.sportsbusinessclassroom...ts on the second,two additional years in 2020.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Domas needs to feast on the small Raptor frontline. Trent and VanVleet are always a concern, need to stop the penetration and close out on the 3s. Would love to see a W here before the long road trip. #LightTheBeam
Yeah, he's been sloppy and a bit too pass first the last two games. Not that I'm trying to drag the big fella, because a "bad" Sabonis game is still only bad when compared to the ludicrous statlines/impact of his good games!

That being said, I too would love to see him bang around and get buckets tonight*

*refs willing of course!

Let's get that beam tonight!!

Ummmm.. we *know* that HOW?

Dang being a huge HB fan since day one I honestly don’t remember him suggesting or hinting or whatever that he didn’t plan to re-sign?

Dang being a huge HB fan since day one I honestly don’t remember him suggesting or hinting or whatever that he didn’t plan to re-sign?
Me neither. And he's my guy. Truth is that I followed him to Sacramento. And to Dallas before that. I remember some vague mention along these lines early in the season - so vague that it wasn't even worth digging into.

And while it's certainly plausible that HB wasn't committed to resigning w/Sacramento, it's *very* implausible that he would have said so. Any statement along those lines would be both imprudent and a bit Drama Queenly. He's neither.

The more interesting question Monte needs to answer is: how to upgrade? Presumably, the starting lineup is the high-leverage place for an upgrade. Presumably, Domas and Fox aren't going anywhere. Neither is Murray unless a star vet comes back the other way. (The combination of his promise and rookie contract kinda demand it, as w/Tyrese. Unlike Tyrese, no reason Keegan can;'t be his best self in Sac.)

That leaves Barnes and Huerter as the most obvious starters who could be bumped.

There's a big report circling today about OG Anunoby wanting out of Toronto..

He's listed as Day-to-day.. Maybe they'll be a bit distracted by all that?

Status
Not open for further replies.