[Game] Kings vs Pistons, 1/19/2022 7pm PT/10pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
The question I keep coming back to is why we don't have any kind of a structured offense to run in the last 5 minutes. We know the defense is bad -- a lot of that is a personnel problem. I still think we should be playing a taller frontline to cut back on the second chance points and the one shot blocker we do have should be getting regular minutes but that's only part of the problem. Good teams have one or two players who always get the ball in crunch time, the wings know which spots to run to, the bigs know where and when to set screens. We look like we're improvising for 48 minutes. Coming out of a time out we draw up a play to basically get Terence Davis a straight away pull-up three while Fox stands in the corner on a possession we needed to score on. I don't know if the players are ignoring the play calls or what but what's happening on the court is nonsensical for a team of mostly NBA veterans.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
That was a horrible last 90 seconds of the game. A total collapse. It’s hard to blame any players when everything breaks. But Barnes having that ball go through his fingers, Bagley’s rushed shot and “defense” and Holmes fouling and tending were big contributors.
I agree with the sentiment but Bagley's rushed runner in the lane (I assume that's what you're referring to) was around the 5 minute mark and Gentry subbed Holmes in for him at that point and he didn't play the last 5 minutes. Bagley only missed two shots but they were his last two attempts of the game and neither shot was very good. Also, that goaltend by Richaun was pretty terrible both because of when it happened and how obvious it was.

gunks

Hall of Famer
The question I keep coming back to is why we don't have any kind of a structured offense to run in the last 5 minutes. We know the defense is bad -- a lot of that is a personnel problem. I still think we should be playing a taller frontline to cut back on the second chance points and the one shot blocker we do have should be getting regular minutes but that's only part of the problem. Good teams have one or two players who always get the ball in crunch time, the wings know which spots to run to, the bigs know where and when to set screens. We look like we're improvising for 48 minutes. Coming out of a time out we draw up a play to basically get Terence Davis a straight away pull-up three while Fox stands in the corner on a possession we needed to score on. I don't know if the players are ignoring the play calls or what but what's happening on the court is nonsensical for a team of mostly NBA veterans.
Methinks our interim coach is happy to collect a paycheck with the way he's rolling with Luke's "schemes".

Last edited:
I agree with the sentiment but Bagley's rushed runner in the lane (I assume that's what you're referring to) was around the 5 minute mark and Gentry subbed Holmes in for him at that point and he didn't play the last 5 minutes. Bagley only missed two shots but they were his last two attempts of the game and neither shot was very good. Also, that goaltend by Richaun was pretty terrible both because of when it happened and how obvious it was.
You are totally correct. I hated that shot - mostly because prior to that Bagley was doing a good job getting his looks within the flow of the offense.

It was Holmes “defense” on Olynyk down the stretch that distressed me (the step back 3 and the open 3). You have to drive him off the 3 point line in that situation.

Stuff like this doesn't matter to me. Same lazy ass excuse people tried to throw on LeBron for years that he wasn't a "closer"

27-8-6 on 50% shooting and 7-8 from the FT line. Only 2 TO's. That's star stuff. He's not the reason a bad offensive team that saw their best offensive player foul out in 20 minutes score 134 points.

But I get it, some have decided "Fox bad".
Lebron wasn't closing against the top teams in the east.

Kings just lost to a 10 win Detroit team. This Detroit team.

Comparing Fox to lebron who by himself turned the cavs around makes me scratch my head. Maybe save that for when a Fox led team sniffs a 500 record.

Last edited:
Lebron wasn't closing against the top teams in the east.

Kings just lost to a 10 win Detroit team. This Detroit team.

Comparing Fox to lebron who by himself turned the cavs around makes me scratch my head. Maybe save that for when a Fox led team sniffs a 500 record.
Lol. Try reading comprehension, might help. I clearly compared the lazy excuse of "OMGZ NOT A CLOSER LOL!!" despite putting up the numbers to win the game.

Team gives up 134 to the Pistons and people try to pin it on Fox. Unreal.

Lol. Try reading comprehension, might help. I clearly compared the lazy excuse of "OMGZ NOT A CLOSER LOL!!" despite putting up the numbers to win the game.

Team gives up 134 to the Pistons and people try to pin it on Fox. Unreal.
It’s not even the amount of points. If we lost 82-80 and bey and olynyk score 70 of their points, they would still find a way to blame fox. Like, well he didn’t push it enough :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.