[Game] Kings vs Pistons, 1/19/2022 7pm PT/10pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way this Kings team falls apart at the seams during crunch time is less about talent and more about an overall deficient BB IQ and a collective lack of mental fortitude.
I mean, you're not wrong. Just from a headcount, I remember Buddy had a mindless TO and a random contest 3 attempt, Marv did one of those hook shot things in front of Stewart, Barnes literally lost focus for a second and lost the open 3 and the ball.

Also. genius move to bring in the savvy experienced vet in Richaun Holmes for Marvin Bagley who was again playing a good game.

Got to teach the young guy some lessons, he needs to earn his way to crunch time minutes on this 34 win squad

The way this Kings team falls apart at the seams during crunch time is less about talent and more about an overall deficient BB IQ and a collective lack of mental fortitude.
And pressure is mounting so considering the situation tight games get that much tighter. Again, it's the little things. When you are bad? You can't coach for the moment. He played big the entire game, then asked his small ball unit to bail him out. He finally put Marvin at Center. They looked to be getting a rhythm, then he sticks him right back on the bench for Holmes. At which point Olynyk pulled up his pillow and covers on defense and waited for the ball or pick and roll on the other end.

Even when we were winning I had no interest in tuning into this one. This team has lost me, but I figured I’d watch the last 5 minutes. I actually found the end to this game more enjoyable than us cruising to a blah 7 point win over one of the worst teams in the league.
Same. I watched for a few mins, but the product was just so bad. Turned it off to save my eyes.

Detroit usually scores 101.07 points per game. They have the second worse scoring offense in the NBA, was missing their best player, and still dropped 133 points on the Kings. 5 years of the same garbage when Fox is operating the team—great offensive stats, horrible defensive stats, Kings lose more than they win. Enough already, Monte.

Well, it's a 5-game road trip followed by G1C against the Nets and then down to GSW. But we could legitimately go 1-6 in that stretch and be staring at 19-35. Barring a miracle road trip, it's going to be time to call it a season two weeks before the All-Star break.
The interim label with a coach that's been around the block this many times has so many negative strings attached to it. Like not wanting to sacrifice yourself on the alter of tankage. haha. Messy, messy, messy.

And pressure is mounting so considering the situation tight games get that much tighter. Again, it's the little things. When you are bad? You can't coach for the moment. He played big the entire game, then asked his small ball unit to bail him out. He finally put Marvin at Center. They looked to be getting a rhythm, then he sticks him right back on the bench for Holmes. At which point Olynyk pulled up his pillow and covers on defense and waited for the ball or pick and roll on the other end.
Hindsight 2020, They probably should've stuck with Marv in the end. He wasn't even in foul trouble which is nice to have for a big man down the stretch.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
16 year drought. Yeah, actually we are, lol.
Yeah and the Wiz drafted Kwame Brown 1st overall and traded 24 yo future Hall of Famer CWebb for 33 yo Mitch Richmond and they had Gilbert Arenas blow up the team by bringing guns into the locker room and John Wall wreck his knee shortly after signing a $170 million 4 yr extension. I'm not going to say which has got it worse, just that we're not the only fans who seem to be cursed with a snakebit franchise.

Hindsight 2020, They probably should've stuck with Marv in the end. He wasn't even in foul trouble which is nice to have for a big man down the stretch.
It wasn't hindsight it was basic coaching. I mean they stuck with TD because he was hot, hell they gave him the last shot for who the hell knows why. Why not give Marvin the same treatment. He's a starter for goodness sake

Even when we were winning I had no interest in tuning into this one. This team has lost me, but I figured I’d watch the last 5 minutes. I actually found the end to this game more enjoyable than us cruising to a blah 7 point win over one of the worst teams in the league.
So Taxman if you’ve lost your interest even when we win and yet you bother tune in the last 5 minutes even though you don’t care you you come after me because I do? SMFH

Yeah and the Wiz drafted Kwame Brown 1st overall and traded 24 yo future Hall of Famer CWebb for 33 yo Mitch Richmond and they had Gilbert Arenas blow up the team by bringing guns into the locker room and John Wall wreck his knee shortly after signing a $170 million 4 yr extension. I'm not going to say which has got it worse, just that we're not the only fans who seem to be cursed with a snakebit franchise.
And through all of that, the wiz have actually made the playoffs 7 times since we have last.

And yet after all that, they've still went to playoffs before us

hrdboild

Staff member
Also. genius move to bring in the savvy experienced vet in Richaun Holmes for Marvin Bagley who was again playing a good game.

Got to teach the young guy some lessons, he needs to earn his way to crunch time minutes on this 34 win squad
Agreed. It's baffling how a guy can be one of the best players on the floor for his last 2 games and the coach still doesn't trust him enough to let him close out the game. Obviously Terence Davis earned some more playing time tonight with the way he was shooting. Marvin was 7 for 9, why didn't he get the same extended leash?

Agreed. It's baffling how a guy can be one of the best players on the floor for his last 2 games and the coach still doesn't trust him enough to let him close out the game. Obviously Terence Davis earned some more playing time tonight with the way he was shooting. Marvin was 7 for 9, why didn't he get the same extended leash?
Interim.

Sometimes the goals are different if you are in a different position. Easy for us to say "just tank!" as fans, we can abandon the team whenever we feel like. It's a job for Gentry.

I’m with Pamm on this one. Just another terrible defensive game against another bottom dweller. Awful just Awful. I’m just sick. Sick and tired. I must have the new Kings variant OmniKangz. Better go get tested tomorrow.

Damn I was certain once Fox got over covid and slimmed down again he would take the Kings to the play-in game, I didn't see the Kings losing to the Rockets/Pistons back to back.

hrdboild

Staff member
Interim.

Sometimes the goals are different if you are in a different position. Easy for us to say "just tank!" as fans, we can abandon the team whenever we feel like. It's a job for Gentry.
Yeah but wouldn't putting your 5 best players on the floor be a win now move? I don't want the team to tank. Tonight Bagley was one of our 5 best players. He should have been on the floor for the last 5 minutes.

It's just so crazy to me. They can't even give him a damn post up, why do they need to make things so difficult for themselves.
It's what they do. Draft players that are what they are and attempt to make them something else. Turn a SG into a PG, a PG into a SG. Take a pick and roll big and turn them into a stretch 4. Take a dominant player and put them at the 3 point line. This is what not very smart people who make millions either way and think they know it all do. Common sense and IQ is all you need. You either have it or you don't. Larry Bird does. He's a hick from French Lick, but ever since Vivek has been infatuated with college degrees and business acumen. South Park time, someone build a time machine and go back to the start of the Vivek era and get him to cave to that percentage. This whole thing turns out different if he does and you start with Bird and not PDA/Mully.

Status
Not open for further replies.