[Game] Kings vs Pistons, 1/19/2022 7pm PT/10pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
That type of loss just exemplifies the reasons why fans are saying blow it up! How is it possible to salvage such a train wreck?
Kings fans have been patient hoping for the best but 5 years into Fox driving this train wreck - enough! Enough mediocrity, inconsistent play and especially terrible defense. Change, BIG change only way forward or get more of the same crap. Bring on Simmons, bring on Tobias, bring on something !!

Agreed. It's baffling how a guy can be one of the best players on the floor for his last 2 games and the coach still doesn't trust him enough to let him close out the game. Obviously Terence Davis earned some more playing time tonight with the way he was shooting. Marvin was 7 for 9, why didn't he get the same extended leash?
Gentry went small ball and kept the starting C in the game. Marvin and Holmes don't technically play the same position, and Marvin was bumped for a small ball 4.

The issue is that even fans see that Marvin and Holmes in reality should be playing the same position. Again, Kings need to pick one or the other.

Gentry went small ball and kept the starting C in the game. Marvin and Holmes don't technically play the same position, and Marvin was bumped for a small ball 4.

The issue is that even fans see that Marvin and Holmes in reality should be playing the same position. Again, Kings need to pick one or the other.

Why is Richaun Holmes even on the team ? No disrespect to the guy, but he's the kind of veteran guy you want on a better team, not this team.

This team is mediocre-bad and needs to be developing youth not shooting for a 10th seed.

He definitely should have trade value both he and Barnes should go and make way for younger guys.

Damn I was certain once Fox got over covid and slimmed down again he would take the Kings to the play-in game, I didn't see the Kings losing to the Rockets/Pistons back to back.
Fox had a 27/6/8 night and helped with cade fouling out of the game. Anyone putting the blame for tonight’s loss on him only shows you can’t be objective due to your blind hate for the guy.

Fox had a 27/6/8 night and helped with cade fouling out of the game. Anyone putting the blame for tonight’s loss on him only shows you can’t be objective due to your blind hate for the guy.
Fox was used like last year and surprise, surprise. Yep, he's the only thing remotely close to a true go to star on this roster. But he does need a certain team around him like any non-universal star does.

Fox was used like last year and surprise, surprise. Yep, he's the only thing remotely close to a true go to star on this roster. But he does need a certain team around him like any non-universal star does.
Higher pace equals higher offensive raw stats for everyone…and, as we’ve seen tonight and the last few years, a losing record.

Same. I watched for a few mins, but the product was just so bad. Turned it off to save my eyes.

Detroit usually scores 101.07 points per game. They have the second worse scoring offense in the NBA, was missing their best player, and still dropped 133 points on the Kings. 5 years of the same garbage when Fox is operating the team—great offensive stats, horrible defensive stats, Kings lose more than they win. Enough already, Monte.
This is Fox’ fault? Lmao

Nah, we're just at the Webber/Peja/Boogie phase of "Kings star player gets the majority of the blame because he makes the most money" that Kings fans are so adept at doing to our good players.

Yeah and the Wiz drafted Kwame Brown 1st overall and traded 24 yo future Hall of Famer CWebb for 33 yo Mitch Richmond and they had Gilbert Arenas blow up the team by bringing guns into the locker room and John Wall wreck his knee shortly after signing a $170 million 4 yr extension. I'm not going to say which has got it worse, just that we're not the only fans who seem to be cursed with a snakebit franchise.
This is the oldest franchise in basketball history. We definitely have it worse

Not only are the KINGS busy losing to 2 of the bottom 3 teams in the league currently, now I gotta hear and read about these Fox for Sabonas rumors? Cause Sabonis is so good that his team is basically the KINGS of the East. A player that also doesn't move the needle.

Of course the KINGS would be the org trading away guard in a guard-driven league for a non-dominant big man. That only makes sense in their world.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program of the KINGS losing to the 2nd worst team in the East after just losing to the worst team in the West .....

Suprise, suprise the Kings are losing again!
Yeah, and surprise, surprise, that was going down a long time before he got here. He brought up the production and he was used the same way and amazing, he looked the same. More of that? And if it comes to a trade scenario some of the names and values being tossed around might be on the better side for the Kings.

Not only are the KINGS busy losing to 2 of the bottom 3 teams in the league currently, now I gotta hear and read about these Fox for Sabonas rumors? Cause Sabonis is so good that his team is basically the KINGS of the East. A player that also doesn't move the needle.

Of course the KINGS would be the org trading away guard in a guard-driven league for a non-dominant big man. That only makes sense in their world.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program of the KINGS losing to the 2nd worst team in the East after just losing to the worst team in the West .....
I'm sure the infatuation with Sabonis changed it's name tonight to Kelly Olynyk haha. On a serious note though if the Kings are specifically looking at Sabonis for the type of player he is, Olynyk could be a decent target that wouldn't involve moving any core pieces. If used right he'll probably get you 80% of what Sabonis would give them at a fraction of the cost.

This is Fox’ fault? Lmao
Nah, we're just at the Webber/Peja/Boogie phase of "Kings star player gets the majority of the blame because he makes the most money" that Kings fans are so adept at doing to our good players.
Would it be fair to say your star and max player fox should be closing out a lousy pistons team, not going 0-3 in the last 2:30 when the kings couldn't buy a bucket ?

Same. I watched for a few mins, but the product was just so bad. Turned it off to save my eyes.

Detroit usually scores 101.07 points per game. They have the second worse scoring offense in the NBA, was missing their best player, and still dropped 133 points on the Kings. 5 years of the same garbage when Fox is operating the team—great offensive stats, horrible defensive stats, Kings lose more than they win. Enough already, Monte.
First night watching Gentryball™? Your hate, at least for this night, is misguided.

Can you honestly say fox was the reason why we lost tonight?
I watched a few minutes of the 1q before turning it off. It was enough to know that the game would be a glorified pick up game with no defense or structure. Basically a repeat of the last 5 years where opposing offenses score 30% to 50% more than their season average, because Fox is going to drive up the offensive volume for both teams. A smart pg, like CP3 or Xavi (in soccer), knows when to push and when to grind the pace. It’s year 5 and dude is still playing like a rookie. Doubling down on his I’m a scorer identity rather than Morant’s I’ll do anything to help my team win mentality. Tick tock, Monte.

Would it be fair to say your star and max player fox should be closing out a lousy pistons team, not going 0-3 in the last 2:30 when the kings couldn't buy a bucket ?
Stuff like this doesn't matter to me. Same lazy ass excuse people tried to throw on LeBron for years that he wasn't a "closer"

27-8-6 on 50% shooting and 7-8 from the FT line. Only 2 TO's. That's star stuff. He's not the reason a bad offensive team that saw their best offensive player foul out in 20 minutes score 134 points.

But I get it, some have decided "Fox bad".

The Kings are just one move away from being able to beat the Pistons at home.

Make it happen Monte. This roster is so close to being able to beat the Pistons. Just need a small move and we're golden.

Bring the winning culture back to Sacramento.

That was a horrible last 90 seconds of the game. A total collapse. It’s hard to blame any players when everything breaks. But Barnes having that ball go through his fingers, Bagley’s rushed shot and “defense” and Holmes fouling and tending were big contributors.

Status
Not open for further replies.