[Game] Kings vs. Pacers - 11/30/22, 7PM PST, 10PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah fun to watch Kings playing so well, and competing hard night after night. (Suns games are usually good)
But IMO for Kings fans who have been following the team of late, this is THE biggest game of the early season! Talk about familiarity....consider with both teams playing well early, it has gained significance.

This is the one I have been waiting for and want our team to go all 4 quarters like they did to the nets. If we still had those two players I do not think we would have the record we have right now.

Actually the way we handled the ball in the 4th quarter last night sure brought back the nightly horrible ball handling with buddy.

dude12

Hall of Famer
I like Hali but like said above, he was here for only a short time and the guy that came back in the deal makes me miss Hali not at all, not one bit. Domas is awesome to have on the team and Fox not having to share the PG spot or play off the ball a ton which was dumb in the first place.

TBH I don't get the dislike for haliburton. Was it something he said about the kings? I mean it's normal to be somewhat bitter about being traded.

TBH I don't get the dislike for haliburton. Was it something he said about the kings? I mean it's normal to be somewhat bitter about being traded.
I think that you are either missing the point, or are reading way too much into other's comments. No one here dislikes Hali. At least no one here has publicly come out and express their dislike for the guy. The thing is that the return that we got for him has clearly led us to where we currently are. And, as a result, makes his departure that much more bearable than if we were still a bottom-feeder team looking for an identity. At the end of the day, most on this forum wishes him well, and great success out in Indiana. But, seeing that we are currently sitting 0.5 game out of 1st in the West, the void that was left by Hali's departure is not as prevalent as some would like to think.

I think they'll go 1 for 2 on this.

I'm not in Sacramento but my guess is only the terminally online folk are hyperaware of Haliburton's bitter ex routine.

Hield... not so sure on. I bet he gets a 50/50 response.
Even so, he's bitter about being traded because he wanted to stay here. No matter how butt hurt he is, I can't boo that.

Yeah Hield will be interesting. He seemed to always put in the effort and wasn't really lazy aside from his decision making. I think he did enough to earn people's respect, even if his expectations came up short.

I think that you are either missing the point, or are reading way too much into other's comments. No one here dislikes Hali. At least no one here has publicly come out and express their dislike for the guy. The thing is that the return that we got for him has clearly led us to where we currently are. And, as a result, makes his departure that much more bearable than if we were still a bottom-feeder team looking for an identity. At the end of the day, most on this forum wishes him well, and great success out in Indiana. But, seeing that we are currently sitting 0.5 game out of 1st in the West, the void that was left by Hali's departure is not as prevalent as some would like to think.
Nobody dislikes Haliburton but I think he's getting suckered into saying stuff he may regret in hindsight by media eager to get easy quotes from him.
Yea perhaps I misworded, but I don't mean dislike Halliburton as a person, but more about having reservations about the things he has said about the kings.

Yea perhaps I misworded, but I don't mean dislike Halliburton as a person, but more about having reservations about the things he has said about the kings.
I have no reservations about what he's said. I just think the people coaxing this out of him now will turn against him and use it later. He's getting used for content by people who didn't know who he was or barely cared when he was in Sac now pumping his ego for cheap quotes.

Mathurin is sure a nice addition to the Pacers. I didn’t think he’d look this good early on.
Yeah I thought he would be 2 years away but when I saw him in SL, I saw him basically do what he flashed in college but on a consistent basis. Figured the Pacers probably had a nice find on their hands at that point.

He was my pick if the Kings were picking 6-10 or so.

I have no reservations about what he's said. I just think the people coaxing this out of him now will turn against him and use it later. He's getting used for content by people who didn't know who he was or barely cared when he was in Sac now pumping his ego for cheap quotes.
He's eating it up though, so the maturity level isn't there.

I'm confident you couldn't bait Sabonis into this trap, both due to personality and maturity.

I was one of the many who wanted to keep Haliburton over Fox. But this has worked out for the best for both sides.

To piggyback on the girlfriend analogy, my ex said nice things about me and told me she loved me when we were together. That doesn't mean I'm ok with her talking mess after we both moved on.

I think people got fatigue from Hali still talking about we insulted his entire being by being traded for a 2-time all-star. I get being hurt a few weeks after, but he just went on pod after pod talking about it. And guess what? He's thriving in Indy, Domas and Fox are thriving here and it really is about as classic a win-win as you can have in an NBA trade these days.

I know most people are looking forward to Fox vs Hali but imo the best match up is Turner vs Sabonis, Turner has legit been probably the 3rd best C in the L after Jokic/JoJo this year and Sabonis is back to form when the Pacers were making the playoffs with him and Dipo. Crazy match up between former teammates.

In recent games Hali has had trouble scoring (still racking up assists) against lengthy SF's might be a game where the Kings use that KZ guy or even Murray on him (could be a tad slow).

The open 3's we gave up against Detroit definitely can't happen in games like this but i trust our defense will be much better than that going forward. Been seeing some great signs as of late

IMO, kings fans are treating the Halliburton trade like they treat not drafting Doncic. First it was denial, now its to not speak his name. And if anyone talks about him, you are shamed. It happened with Doncic, and its now the same with Halliburton. If no one talks about him, its not as bad as it really is.

Theres a reason why 100% of the NBA and fans thought the kings were stupid for trading halliburton. No matter what happens with Fox, we are always gonna be the loser in the halliburton trade.

I thought it was horrible when it happened. I think its way worse now.

Last edited:
IMO, kings fans are treating the Halliburton trade like they treat not drafting Doncic. First it was denial, now its to not speak his name. And if anyone talks about him, you are shamed. It happened with Doncic, and its now the same with Halliburton. If no one talks about him, its not as bad as it really is.

Theres a reason why 100% of the NBA and fans thought the kings were stupid for trading halliburton. No matter what happens with Fox, we are always gonna be the loser in the halliburton trade.

I thought it was horrible when it happened. I think its worse now.
i don’t see that at all. Doncic would’ve almost surely turned the franchise around almost immediately. That became quickly apparent that even if Bagley had become something, an all star even, it was a devastating move that set the franchise back years and there was definitely denial there.

Kings would still be bad with Haliburton and didn’t have a clear path with him….we got a great player for him who also stuffs the stat sheet with rebounds and assists but apparently it’s worth less even though it makes for a better Kings team. Fox had also been even better than Hali until these last three duds. Ty has 21-14 and it’s you got people in the Tyrese thread moping. Domas drops 28-22-6 or whatever it was. Meh, Domas had his typical good game.

I just think there has been a “grass is always greener” shift with how some people view this trade and Tyrese in particular and if people don’t want to hear about Haliburton it’s because of all that “we lost the trade” based on nothing really. It’s been a constant comparison where only Halliburton’s numbers are evaluated. It’s kinda odd

We no doubt gave up a great talent(and got one, let’s not forget or downplay) but you say Kings fans are in “denial” as if Haliburton is clearly making the Kings eat it beyond what we knew he could do, what we got in return is clearly not performing at equal value. I don’t see that. I just don’t see the basis for denial…what are Kings fans denying? So far the thing is Tyrese is younger and was under team control for a long time. There is nothing on the court.

What Fox does will matter..and obviously if Domas is retained or if the core build of the team is something the Kings can build on going forward will figure greatly into how the trade is evaluated a year or two from now.

Right now, the narrative around the “kings lost the trade” side seems purely emotional because it’s rare when the Kings had to trade a guy the fans actually wanted and was trending upwards. Even rarer that the player goes on to play very well elsewhere. We all liked Hali.

Last edited:

I thought it was horrible when it happened. I think its way worse now.
Not sure I agree. There is a difference between crying about a guy that was never on your team as opposed to someone who was.

With that being said, neither one is on this team and there is nothing that can be done about it. I roll my eyes a bit when people are crying about either player, but also recognize people can deal with it however they please. Don't expect everyone to want to participate in how you choose to grieve though.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Will Fox and Barnes deign to show up for this game? Is a day off not enough time for them to recover from expending so much effort against Phoenix? Heck if I know.

The Kings not getting back on defense twice in the first quarter (leading to two layups) against Phoenix pretty much told the story of the game. It will be interesting to see in the Pacers game if they can muster the will to get back on defense in the first quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.