[Game] Kings vs Mavs, 12/29/2021 730pm PT/1030pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Davviiiiioooon.

Dude has either been an elite offensive spacer/scorer or just a complete dud. I suppose to be expected in his rookie year, but it is exciting to see these offensive performances.

I'm genuinely curious about the reasoning behind Buddy being in while TD is out of the rotation tonight. This would be TD's 3rd game back and obv they played last night - a conditioning issue for him?

How much are you willing to pay him?
A Bagley that looks to have understood the team concept of defense and offense and still has the talent that got him drafted that high in the first place ? A Bagley that cares about being better, has good work ethic, and continues working hard despite rotting on the bench for no reason at the start of the season ?

A Bagley that can add a post attribute to an offense, making it more dynamic and a Bagley that can guard people on the other end ?

That's exactly what we've seen this year. Don't underestimate the work Doug has done with Bagley this year. IMO it's a mistake to be thinking of Bagley from years past, judge him from how he's played this year.

I'd absolutely pay that Bagley 12 million dollars. And if you're a small market team like the Kings, you really need to focus on developing what you have, he was a #2 overall pick, you're not going to get any big time free agents coming this way, selling low before he's had the chance to really show what he's got is a huge mistake that the Kings can't afford imo.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
If we play the minutes right, isn’t the QO supposed to be around $7 mil?
That would happen if Bagley does not meet "starter criteria". Those criteria are based on EITHER starting 41 games, or playing 2000 minutes in this season, or in the average of this season and last season.

BUT - because last season was a 72-game season and not an 82-game season, I suspect that the average over the last two seasons will be adjusted to compensate. Normally, a total of 82 starts or 4000 minutes in the last two seasons of the rookie deal would be sufficient to meet starter criteria, but I'd guess those will be adjusted by a factor of (72+82)/(82+82), which is a factor of 0.939 and would result in a requirement of 77 starts or 3756 minutes.

Bagley is currently at (not counting tonight):
44 starts and 1405 minutes over last two seasons (needs: 33 starts or 2351 minutes)
2 starts and 293 minutes this season (needs: 39 starts or 1707 minutes)

We have 47 games left (counting today) so Bagley will reach starter criteria with 33 starts in those 47 games (got one today) or 36.3 minutes per game.

So, basically, it's all about the starts at this point.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I don't think Bagley will ever be a guy who creates his own shot on the perimeter, but his catch-and-shoot three is beginning to look workable.

Status
Not open for further replies.