[Game] Kings vs. Magic, 12/9/21 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you look for wing help and shop around Buddy/Barnes. The Bagley/Metu rotation was looking especially intriguing over that stretch Barnes was out and we're now starting to get Davion/TD going where they're filling some of that scoring impact/spacing from Buddy. We're currently in our best stretch of the season with Buddy having a career worst slump.

Basically, do we think Bagley/Metu and TD/Mitchell/(King?Ramsey?) fill 75-80% of what Buddy/Barnes bring to the table? If so, it's more valuable to use them as trade assets (two of the better trade assets on the team) to address the bigger needs on the team. Also doubly benefits as clearing the cap sheet.

I dunno, but with the way TD/Bagley/Davion/Metu are starting to come on, I could see McNair go for the mini-reset and look to balance things out by dealing Buddy/Barnes
I guess the ultimate question is what direction Monte is gunning for this season, and whether it would be wise to in a sense "rely" on TD/Metu/Bagley/Davion being consistent in their production. If it's make the playoffs or bust, then I'd be hesitant to put too much confidence in them.

That said, it's not as if Buddy/Barnes have been giving particularly consistent production either.

Kings twitter is a sad sad place. I mean that in a genuine way. The amount of broken there compared to here or reddit is unreal. but what's also kind of weird there is many thought we did Walton dirty somehow.
95% of twitter in general is a sad place. But I see the same in reddit and every other social media platform.

What makes social media great is also what often makes it terrible. People can post things so easily and conveniently that much of what they contribute comes from an overly emotional and unstable place.

That, and like reviews and feedback in general, people are much more likely to leave negative feedback than positive. IIRC the disparity between the two has always been rather large.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I wish there was some way for us to trade for Avdija. He is having a fantastic year defensively and would give us great size on the wing.
Well, there's always that Fox trade that some internet rando posted on twitter that I put in the BLOW IT UP thread lol.

I guess you could do a Bertans/Deni for Buddy trade but (a) I don't think Washington does that even if it really wants to get out of Bertans's terrible contract and (b) Bertans's contract is like really really really bad.

Well, there's always that Fox trade that some internet rando posted on twitter that I put in the BLOW IT UP thread lol.

I guess you could do a Bertans/Deni for Buddy trade but (a) I don't think Washington does that even if it really wants to get out of Bertans's terrible contract and (b) Bertans's contract is like really really really bad.
I haven't seen many of their games but some of their fans think he is all defense material. Makes you wonder why they are running 3 guards in the starting lineup with him coming off the bench

Last edited:
I guess the ultimate question is what direction Monte is gunning for this season, and whether it would be wise to in a sense "rely" on TD/Metu/Bagley/Davion being consistent in their production. If it's make the playoffs or bust, then I'd be hesitant to put too much confidence in them.

That said, it's not as if Buddy/Barnes have been giving particularly consistent production either.
Yeah that's my thinking is you can kind of mini hedge the reset/go for the playoffs. TD, Metu, Bagley, Mitchell all being young guys that are starting to come on and can be apart of a future core, but if they're giving you a good chunk of the Buddy/Barnes production, it just makes more sense to give them the run so they can develop further and at a fraction of the cost. Like the Metu/Bagley defense at the 4 has been legit good throughout this whole stretch and Bagley has been super efficient with his scoring/shooting. TD has to find some sort of consistency and he's not the shooter that Buddy is, but I think he's got more upside on defense and just as an overall scorer as we've seen this last few games where him being red hot has basically made Buddy's cold streak a non-story.

I don't know what those trades look like exactly, but the Barnes for Pat Williams/Derrick Jones Jr one that was floating around here looked phenomenal for both sides. The Bulls give themselves a legit 2-3 year championship window with Barnes and plug basically the only hole in their rotation with Pat Williams hurt for the most of the season/still young. Kings get a future piece at a major position of need while still getting a good role playing wing 3/4 flex in DJJ that can help the team now.

jesus bro stop shooting and drive to the rim more like TD does
Well Buddy isn't particularly strong at finishing at the rim; not the most explosive of players. People don't want him dribbling the ball. He has mixed it up a little, so that's good. I would say keep shooting, but take good open shots, not the ones 6 ft out from the three point line. Even when he's on, Buddy hasn't really proven that he has that kind of Dame/Steph/Trae range, so I don't know why he's decided to take (and miss) so many of those this season.

95% of twitter in general is a sad place. But I see the same in reddit and every other social media platform.

What makes social media great is also what often makes it terrible. People can post things so easily and conveniently that much of what they contribute comes from an overly emotional and unstable place.

That, and like reviews and feedback in general, people are much more likely to leave negative feedback than positive. IIRC the disparity between the two has always been rather large.
I don't mean it like my twitter pin says that it's toxic cesspool and I am enjoying it, I mean it that most of these people are shellshocked in ways that most other kings forums I have frequented are not. I guess they are the people that long checked out of sites like this one where there is some camaraderie in having stuck it out this long or toasting one of our fallen friends who could not. There's no joy or humor about the situation to be found and I guess because its twitter and not a closed forum there isn't much community, however that has not been my experience with twitter for the Timbers at all where many have banded together to get people decent priced tickets after the horror show that our final ticketing has been yesterday.

He’s not wrong. It was bad. And the most recent typically seems like the worst.
It was. Both teams were lazy. Your turn, my turn. Orlando has the third worst offense in the league, averaging 100.40 points per game. They scored 130. A team that scores 30% more than their average is usually grounds for an investigation in Vegas, but it's against the Kings, who allowed opposing teams to do that all last year.

Expect another game like this on Friday when the Kings play the Hornets. The Kings have the third worst defense this year. The hornets are dead last.

Last edited:
It was. Both teams were lazy. Your turn, my turn. Orlando has the third worst offense in the league, averaging 100.40 points per game. They scored 130. A team that scores 30% more than their average is usually grounds for an investigation in Vegas, but it's against the Kings, who allowed opposing teams to do that all last year.

Expect another game like this on Friday when the Kings play the Hornets. The Kings have the third worst defense this year. The hornets are dead last.
I get all this and I'm not saying that we played any defense last night but when you play at the tempo that we are playing now scores are going to be inflated. It's a matter of possessions. If we are playing quicker, it means the other team will have more possessions too. Now, with that being said, there needs to be a major improvement on defense but I don't think we can just look at the opponent's final point total as the main barometer of the overall defense.

Last edited:
I get all this and I'm not saying that we played any defense last night but when you play at the tempo that we are playing now scores are going to be inflated. It's a matter of possessions. If we are playing quicker, it means the other team will have more possessions too. Now, with that being said, there needs to be a major improvement on defense but I don't' think we can just look at the opponent's final point total as the main barometer of the overall defense.
There wasn’t any defense from either team, so there isn’t a barometer that needs to be measured.
The bigger issue is, these players are falling into the same old, same old. Boat race the other team. When they play against a young, dumb, and/or a team that is less talented then them, they’ll look great. Their stats will look awesome as well. When they play against a good team, they’ll collapse in the 2h like they have since Joeger was here. The biggest improvements are made by working on your biggest weaknesses not doubling down on your greatest strength. The only positive I see from this is the players offensive stats will get inflated, so hopefully opposing GMs will value them more. Beyond that, it’s going to be another treadmilling season of aiming for the back of the lottery.

It’s fools gold, Monte. Trade the Vlade core and build a true long term winner. This is your window.

Well Buddy isn't particularly strong at finishing at the rim; not the most explosive of players. People don't want him dribbling the ball. He has mixed it up a little, so that's good. I would say keep shooting, but take good open shots, not the ones 6 ft out from the three point line. Even when he's on, Buddy hasn't really proven that he has that kind of Dame/Steph/Trae range, so I don't know why he's decided to take (and miss) so many of those this season.
it’s prolly a contract clause on his extension for 3 pointers made. He’s been pretty good at finishing at the rim all season so far I say do it more often. Now that I’ve thought about the whole chucking from anywhere being a contract thing, is he thinking more about the money then the team?

The Kings usually lose these types of games... trying to keep myself from getting too encouraged, but I'm a sucker and will get pumped up for the next one like it's a secret playoff game in December.
Nah, not this time. We could be game 7 of the NBA finals and I'll still be waiting for this team to KANGZ me back into submission

Status
Not open for further replies.