[Game] Kings vs Celtics, 3/21/2023 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know who I wanna play come playoffs man. I think we need to be hitting with full swag. We can either win championship or be swept 1st round. We are that all over the place. But I don’t wanna worry to much about it I just wanna enjoy this moment
We already won the championship by making the playoffs. Whatever comes next is just bonus. No expectations and will just enjoy the moment.

Not only Monk, but Trey was a massive part of that post-all-star break success. If we X out the last 2 absolute stinkers:

11 GP
20.5 MPG
11.5 PPG
5.6 RPG
1.5 APG
43.5% from 3 on 4.2 3PA
70.1% TS

compared to the last 2 games:

1.5 PPG
4.0 RPG
1.0 APG
20% from 3 on 2.5 3PA
21.4% TS (oof)

Monk before previous 2 games
22.6 MPG
14.8 PPG
3.0 RPG
4.3 APG
50% from 3 on 5.2 3PA
68.3% TS

Monk previous 2 games:

20.4 MPG
10.5 PPG
2.0 RPG
2.5 APG
18.8% from 3 on 8.0 3PA (jesus)
40.4% TS

These dudes have made themselves invaluable to us putting up a bunch of points and winning a bunch of games and them being complete no-shows, especially with Huerter out the last 2, really has hurt us.
some of that was because Davion and Keegan were playing well and there just weren’t as many opportunities. Davion was going off and playing great D and that kept Monk on the bench for a huge stretch

IDK that was so much analysis as much as fan frustration. ;) But I appreciate the support nonetheless.

Again, to reiterate, Boston is a very, very good team. With a legit top 4 MVP candidate, who was quite good tonight. They were far better than the KINGS in pretty much every aspect. I wouldn’t argue otherwise.

But as a fan, I would like to see the KINGS realize the benefits of a true home court advantage with regards to the occasional off night from opponents as well as the majority of the phantom calls going in their favor. It just rarely seems to happen.

IDK the percentages for the season, but boy does it seem like opponents sure like to shoot the ball in our own gym.

Maybe the KINGS should consider “theater” style lighting like they do in NY and some other arenas? <sarcasm>

Went to the game today. They had a chance in the fourth but every shot was short hitting the front rim. Celtics are good but 5th game in 7 after a road trip probably play a huge factor too. Btw, there was a lot more Celtics fans than I expected. I have a hard time imagining that there are that many in sactown that would have that much ties with Boston.
I often have the same thoughts. But then I see lots of KINGS fans while the KINGS are on the road, often chanting “light the beam!” too.

I believe there are many reasons for it. One, there are lots of bandwagon fans attaching themselves to a winner. Two, in this day and age of the Internet and satellite TV broadcasting, it’s super easy follow any team you want. Location doesn’t matter as much as it once did.

Why does it seem like most teams come into our building and never seem to have one of those “off“ nights where shots aren’t falling near as much? We seems to always face a team that gets hot or shoots consistently most the game.

For example, just a few games ago the C’s lost in Houston having one of those “off” nights against one of the leagues worst teams, shooting 12-42 from three and under 45% for the game.

But tonight they shoot 41% from three and over 53% from the field, making all sorts of shots they missed in Houston.

Not long ago, Milwaukee did the same to us with guys like Frankenstein who then goes 1-6 from three the next game.

That’s frustrating.
Well not that this is all of it, but these days, they wouldn't dare, after most of this season, to come to Golden 1 ill-prepared. Can't say the same about Houston Rockets or Detroit Pistons.

Frustrating game to watch. Kings maybe a bit tired, Boston pretty physical, seemed to benefit more from late whistles and non calls more than us, etc etc. But I don't think a tough loss at this stage if the season is the worst thing. I'd rather the team be ready for physical play when the playoffs come around.

Next real test here. This and the Bucks game are the types that show what's what. Sucks it's on a back to back, but at home, lets see it.
The Bucks game was alot closer looking than this game......Kings were in this Celts game for about a 2.5 quarters. The Bucks game was like 3.75 quarters - they could've beaten the Bucks., These highlights showed the Kings were too careless with their passing, and the Celtics length was bothering the Kings. Monk with a 2nd terrible shooting night in a row. Kings played about as well as against the Jazz loss, only this is the 2nd best team in the NBA and the Kings defense looked worse than usual.'

Last edited:
Ref mode was activated with about 3 minutes left in the 2nd quarter and didn't let up until halfway through the 4th.

The Kings still would have lost but it's still frustrating to have to deal with the blatant bias. The treatment that Tatum gets from the refs is ridiculous.

The NBA really isn't a real sport. It's a mix between a sport and WWE.

Didn’t get a chance to watch the game but do know we had to make up a couple of games as we the grizzlies had played 2 or more games less than everyone else in west.

Now I am pretty darn sure with that the coach will right the ship and the guys will get some rest for the home stretch which is like 10 games.

Not worried as home court is pretty much a sure thing in the first round.

These last two games were disgusting but the good news is that our remaining strength of schedule is one of the easiest in the league. Spurs, Blazers twice, and Pelicans should all be wins. That would get us to 47 wins. We also have Jazz, Wolves, Suns, and Mavs. At least 1 win there. Then Warriors and Nuggets. Might get one of those. So we should be on track to finish with at least 48 - 49 wins barring a catastrophic meltdown.

Ref mode was activated with about 3 minutes left in the 2nd quarter and didn't let up until halfway through the 4th.

The Kings still would have lost but it's still frustrating to have to deal with the blatant bias. The treatment that Tatum gets from the refs is ridiculous.

I didn't blame the loss on the offficating, either. However it's still hard to ignore how "influenced" these games usually are.

Like I said before, it'd be nice for once for the officiating to actually reflect that the game is being played at G1C rather than on the road and that the KINGS, you know, have a couple stars on their team that are actually really good too.

Can't tell me crap like this totally changes the momentum of the game.

Bos was the better team last night, they deserved the win. But when they get calls like this, they're allowed to play super physical on defense while the refs hunt for any opportunity to pin a foul on Domas or NOT call all the contact he draws in the paint. Just ridiculous

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I had an end of season party for kiddo's basketball team last night so got home late. Put the game on, was really pleasantly surprised until the end of 2nd quarter when reffing got dicey. Watched the first 5 minutes of the 2nd half and realized I would probably be wasting my time, fast forwarded to check the end of 3q score, and then just looked up the final before deciding to better invest my time.

I think what depressed me most was seeing Keegs get robbed of 2 three pointers on away from the play offensive fouls.

Hey dingus refs, kid's trying to set a friggin record here!

Can't tell me crap like this totally changes the momentum of the game.

Bos was the better team last night, they deserved the win. But when they get calls like this, they're allowed to play super physical on defense while the refs hunt for any opportunity to pin a foul on Domas or NOT call all the contact he draws in the paint. Just ridiculous
It does change games.

You bring up a point I meant to touch upon in my first reply.

And that is, it’s much easier to be a top defensive team when the officials allow you to get away with playing more physical defense than others. Not to say that BOS doesn’t have good defenders otherwise, just that they were permitted to play defense in a way the KINGS weren’t — at least last night.

I’m reminded of the late 90’s and 2000’s era Spurs who fouled so often that eventually the officials stopped calling it.

We all know the NBA doesn’t want to foul out half the team each night, and certainly not it’s stars, so there’s a lot of latitude for certain teams to take advantage of — if the HC can get the players to buy-in and play with the same level of effort and physicality every night.

But a team still has to have a certain number of name players on the roster to get away with it more consistently.

I think I could live with the monumentally sh*tty officiating if they just whistled a few more fouls in Domas' favor on a nightly basis. The guy gets absolutely manhandled in the paint and constantly finishes games looking like he's been run through an automatic car wash. He's also as tough as they come, so he never shies away from the contact despite regularly getting shafted by the refs. And it sure seems like the NBA rewards that level of aggression when other teams' stars take a beating down low...

The Kings aren't in last place on the L2M report every year because of anything other than bias.
Well, I guess maybe it's foolish of me to believe 1 good year will erase those biases? Perhaps if the KINGS string together several seasons like this one they'll eventually move up the L2M ladder??

One can only hope.

Well, I guess maybe it's foolish of me to believe 1 good year will erase those biases? Perhaps if the KINGS string together several seasons like this one they'll eventually move up the L2M ladder??

One can only hope.
We can hope but a real sports organization would not tolerate biases of any type from their referees.

There's nothing in the rule book that states that teams from big markets or star players play by a different set of rules than the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.