[Game] Kings vs. Magic, 12/9/21 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I spent most of the evening looking for a CD of material I recorded 8 years ago and only peeping twitter until 5 mins left in the game and I was convinced from fan chatter we were losing. so I am pleasantly surprised.

Fox and Hali were absolutely incredible again and got the big scoring punch from Davion/TD/Bagley. We can't defend a pinecone, but who cares if the offense is going to be this good?
There were bumps but playing pressure defense is a thin line and if they can clean up the little things (not doubling on pick and roll first and foremost) it can work better than any of their other options.. Also, lets be honest, both teams were insane tonight. They hit some crazy shots and couldn't miss.

Its a little more enjoyable watching this team when we don't need Buddy to bomb us back into games. Contributions across the board are needed for this team to win. Bags and TD playing reasonably well. Fox is gaining steam, Hali is confident and Mitchell doing his thing. How do we fix the defense or at least improve a bit?

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Kenny seems like a nice guy, but he isn’t suited to be a TV analyst.
I have no doubt he's a nice guy. For me it was years of him hanging around like a fart in a phone booth and under sized power forward and constant reminder that he was not Chris Webber that just pisses me off. But yeah it's broadcast analysis is pretty thin.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I spent most of the evening looking for a CD of material I recorded 8 years ago and only peeping twitter until 5 mins left in the game and I was convinced from fan chatter we were losing. so I am pleasantly surprised.
The Luke Walton reign seems to have broken a lot of people (especially on Kings twitter), it'll be a long while before they buy in again. Until then, it'll sound like we're getting blown out every game.

Its a little more enjoyable watching this team when we don't need Buddy to bomb us back into games. Contributions across the board are needed for this team to win. Bags and TD playing reasonably well. Fox is gaining steam, Hali is confident and Mitchell doing his thing. How do we fix the defense or at least improve a bit?
I think you look for wing help and shop around Buddy/Barnes. The Bagley/Metu rotation was looking especially intriguing over that stretch Barnes was out and we're now starting to get Davion/TD going where they're filling some of that scoring impact/spacing from Buddy. We're currently in our best stretch of the season with Buddy having a career worst slump.

Basically, do we think Bagley/Metu and TD/Mitchell/(King?Ramsey?) fill 75-80% of what Buddy/Barnes bring to the table? If so, it's more valuable to use them as trade assets (two of the better trade assets on the team) to address the bigger needs on the team. Also doubly benefits as clearing the cap sheet.

I dunno, but with the way TD/Bagley/Davion/Metu are starting to come on, I could see McNair go for the mini-reset and look to balance things out by dealing Buddy/Barnes

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
The Luke Walton reign seems to have broken a lot of people (especially on Kings twitter), it'll be a long while before they buy in again. Until then, it'll sound like we're getting blown out every game.
Kings twitter is a sad sad place. I mean that in a genuine way. The amount of broken there compared to here or reddit is unreal. but what's also kind of weird there is many thought we did Walton dirty somehow.

Fox got his smile back too.
This was prolly the first time this season he felt like himself. Kid was getting everything he wanted like last season tonight. It was nice to see.

side note: Buddys numbers on the road are significantly better. Expect him to play better on our road trip

if we can get Myles Turner while keeping Fox and Ty the defense improves by 5 rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.