[Game] Kings vs Lakers, 12/21/2022 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

Keegan-Sabonis DHO are just absolutely filthy. I'll be honest, I don't remember a top rookie that's shown his shooting potential this early. Along with the surprise wing defensive versatility? Some seriously good building blocks for him. More immediately, need to see better work on the boards and maybe a little more comfort with his on-ball shot creation that he showed at Iowa.

But regardless, great bounce-back win vs an opponent who's "kind of" in our orbit for a playoff spot. You want to stack as many of these as possible by the end of the season
The other nice thing to see was during that little breakdown and ref BS with those techs the Kings got angry and went straight for the jugular and put a late game whooping down to clear the bench out. That's a sign of a confident team.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
What he lacks in rebounding he more than makes up for in defense. He almost always seems to make the right call in that drop coverage and help scheme. If he can keep this up it could be a game changer for this bench unit.
This was really his first chance to get some run without being put into an impossible situation and get established a bit without getting yanked. Good for him, he's been putting in the work in Stockton and if he can build on this I think we've got something.

Blazers losing to the Thunder twice and Wolves/Dallas beating up on each other too.

If only those ahead of us could fall off a little harder.
It is fairly impressive we're still only a few games out of the 1 seed this late into the season, but I think the Nuggets, Grizz, Pelicans, Suns and if the Clippers ever play their full team more than once a week are better teams than us. My guess is those 5 start to separate from the conference as we get later into the year But that 6 seed really does seem wide open with the Blazers/Jazz falling a bit from their early season start, the the Twolves/Mavs not meeting expectation and the Warriors being dust without Steph, so they'd have to make a serious end of season surge to be in consideration. Those are the 5 teams I think I'll be scoreboard watching and just be more pleasantly surprised with wins vs the top 5

What he lacks in rebounding he more than makes up for in defense. He almost always seems to make the right call in that drop coverage and help scheme. If he can keep this up it could be a game changer for this bench unit.
At this point, it's worth trying the development and seeing what he is. It's not like the other options are giving you any sort of high play where you're missing something Maybe turns out you don't have to go find a back-up C at the deadline or this off-season. The Metu experiment is over, Richaun is on "stay healthy so we can trade you" watch and Len probably just isn't an NBA player anymore.

It is fairly impressive we're still only a few games out of the 1 seed this late into the season, but I think the Nuggets, Grizz, Pelicans, Suns and if the Clippers ever play their full team more than once a week are better teams than us. My guess is those 5 start to separate from the conference as we get later into the year But that 6 seed really does seem wide open with the Blazers/Jazz falling a bit from their early season start, the the Twolves/Mavs not meeting expectation and the Warriors being dust without Steph, so they'd have to make a serious end of season surge to be in consideration. Those are the 5 teams I think I'll be scoreboard watching and just be more pleasantly surprised with wins vs the top 5
Grizz and Pelicans, yes, Suns if they get out of their own way, yes.

But I'm not into the Nuggets supporting cast and the Clippers are too old and injury volatile for me to say for sure. 3 years ago they absolutely are, but is that who they are anymore?

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I was seriously impressed with Huerter tonight, sticking up for Fox and then directing traffic and nailing the back breaking three to ice it after all the ref shenanigans kept the Lakers in it. Big-time game for Keegan Murray too -- make that all of the Kings starters. You can tell they were extra motivated after Mike Brown laid into them during the last video session.

I was seriously impressed with Huerter tonight, sticking up for Fox and then directing traffic and nailing the back breaking three to ice it after all the ref shenanigans kept the Lakers in it. Big-time game for Keegan Murray too -- make that all of the Kings starters. You can tell they were extra motivated after Mike Brown laid into them during the last video session.
Keegan-Barnes-Huerter:

69 points (nice) on 46 shots
46% from 3 on 12-26 shooting
And Huerter made all 5 of his Free Throws.

When the spacers are shooting like that, we just aren't going to lose.