Votes: 15 100.0%
  • Them

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
When someone (cousins) is that bad, why does the coach leave him in when we really need points? Is Joeger really this rigid?
There might not be two coaches in the NBA (Gregg Popovich, and...?) who leaves their meal ticket on the bench, in that situation; I think that, in his heart of hearts, though, Joerger was hoping that Cousins would bail him out by telling the coach to leave the hot hands in. But, when he didn't do that, Joerger almost "had" to put Cousins back in.

Why he brought Barnes back in for Tolliver, though, is anybody's guess.

Last edited:
Barnes made some plays down the stretch, but I really don't get coach's infatuation. Would have rather seen Aflalo or Tolliver in there for crunch time.
His plays down the stretch were just open lanes to the rim, no skill required. There was no reason to reinsert him. This loss is on Joerger. Barnes was -22 because the team cannot get stops with him on the floor. If they do it is more of the opponent missing than cohesive defense. When he's off the floor at least there's chance to defend as a team, which is what we saw during the furious comeback.

Barnes made some plays down the stretch, but I really don't get coach's infatuation. Would have rather seen Aflalo or Tolliver in there for crunch time.
Really? Like what? From what I saw, he got a technical foul, committed about 3 dumb fouls, and gave up the game winning 3 point play.

I guess you were watching an alternative reality version of Matt Barnes??

Really? Like what? From what I saw, he got a technical foul, committed about 3 dumb fouls, and gave up the game winning 3 point play.

I guess you were watching an alternative reality version of Matt Barnes??
He made a couple of lay-ups, but there were just token shots.

Good job coach.

Got to see the bench play their hearts out and give us the lead and then the starters pi ss it away.
This is sometimes a big coaching dilemma for coaches. Bring in my best player(s), or ride out good bench play? It's a difficult decision, and something one can easily second-guess either way. Had the bench players puttered, people would've been posing the opposite question. Its hind-sight 20/20. Perhaps Cousins is a bit gassed out? This is a consecutive sub-par game for him. Of course having Collison share in the woes probably made the difference in the outcome. Both fell well below their scoring averages,

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
This is sometimes a big coaching dilemma for coaches. Bring in my best player(s), or ride out good bench play? It's a difficult decision, and something one can easily second-guess either way. Had the bench players puttered, people would've been posing the opposite question. Its hind-sight 20/20. Perhaps Cousins is a bit gassed out? This is a consecutive sub-par game for him. Of course having Collison share in the woes probably made the difference in the outcome. Both fell well below their scoring averages,
True. You can afford to have one of them do so, but not both, especially considering you are missing at least 18+ PPG with Rudy out.

I do understand the dilemma but IMO, if your starters are playing like trash, if I left my bench in and they couldn't hold on, id be ok with that. They scored 19 straight and were pumped up. Unless they are asking to come out, or start going full potato out there, I'm leaving them in.

True. You can afford to have one of them do so, but not both, especially considering you are missing at least 18+ PPG with Rudy out.
When a player is inactive, I wouldn't count his absence as a pts void (ie "0"), even considering his average. We can expect his average, but its no certainty. He could've laid an egg, or had a career night. The minutes were redistributed; other players have to fill-in (better).

Looked like he got hit on the arm on the replay
I was there ten rows up. He got fouled. Also that Johnson kid with 45s to go with the 3pt play was an offensive foul 100%. Jabbed his arm into our player's ribs.

That said, Barnes you absolute tool. Sat next to two guys who went to high school with him. One guy was the same year. They did not have nice things to say. And I did give them the opportunity.

It's neither Cousins nor Barnes fault. It's just very obvious, that we can't manage to find ways for Cuz to get efficient looks against lineups with the quickness advantage. Not the first time Spoelstra pulled this stunt off versus Cousins and when the ref's let them get away with the level of physicality, it seems to be a pretty good tactic to take Cuz out of the game or to at least make him inefficient. Problem is, that we depend on Cousins 100% as soon as he is on the floor. Our guards are looking for him, instead of making plays on their own. We want him to create his own offense, instead of playing off our guards. In a game like this, where our guards had the momentum in the 4th, I have a hard time understanding that. Of course you have to put your best player back on the floor, but when he struggles like this, why not try to give him the same looks KK gets? Rolls to the rim, drop off passes, putbacks....easy baskets and not 1vs1 drives from 3 into traffic or 1vs1 jab step jumpshots.
We cut our own momentum, not because of Cousins, but because we quit doing, what got us back into the game, which was guard penetration and ball movement.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
When a player is inactive, I wouldn't count his absence as a pts void (ie "0"), even considering his average. We can expect his average, but its no certainty. He could've laid an egg, or had a career night. The minutes were redistributed; other players have to fill-in (better).
The problem here lies is that most of the players on this roster are unable to fill in that point differential. They are mere role players.

lol the Monday morning quarterbacks here would be going nuts saying "how can you let an exhausted second unit pee away the last minutes of the game with the league's second leading scorer on the bench. WTF is wrong with Joerger!!??"

Bad teams beat better teams every night - happened to us last night. y'all some high strung people on here.

I think the real problem is the character of that starting unit - this has been a problem the last several years that these guys have a cockiness that is not backed up by any accomplishments yet. But they have sooo often crap the bed when they have a gimme game in a clutch spot. They cannot bring their A game to a B-C-D opponent for whatever reason. Just lack a winning culture I guess.

K

KingsFan80

IMHO it is time to play Richardson. Give the fans something to be excited about instead of watching Matt Barnes, McLemore etc. Does that mean losing some games? Maybe. But it needs to happen. If you lose to the Miami Heat at home without Whiteside it cannot get any worse.