[Game] Kings @ Thunder, 4 Jan 2016, 20:00 ET/17:00 PT

No Durant tonight, but the Kings have lost fifteen straight in Oklahoma City. Will that continue?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
The usual suspects appear to be otherwise occupied, so feel free to use this thread for discussion of tonight's game.

I was going to make the poll be about whether we could cover the spread, but then I remembered that I don't gamble, and don't actually know how to read betting lines. The one betting site I looked up did indicate that Durant is expected to be out, though, which may be important.

Obligatory link to the Don't solicit illegal streams thread.

Broadband League Pass may be purchased here.
====================

Probable starters:

Thunder
F Serge Ibaka
F Anthony Morrow
C Steven Adams
G Andre Roberson
G Russell Westbrook

Kings
F Rudy Gay
F Omri Casspi
C DeMarcus Cousins
G Ben McLemore
G Rajon Rondo

Tonight's officials: Danny Crawford, Mitchell Ervin, Kane Fitzgerald (side note: this is the second-straight time I've created the [Game] thread, where Mitchel Ervin was one of the referees.)

Availability: TV - CSN-CA, Radio - 1140 AM KHTK

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
1) Cuz has to get over his home/away thing this year. Its never been like this before, but this season the difference has been stark

2) Our forward line has significant advantages over their forward line that could be exploited, but the matchup will go to naught if our reluctant defenders do not circle out to Morrow and stick to him like glue

3) one of the advantages of the smallball frontline here could be if they can keep Ibaka far enough away from the hoop to give Boogie room to operate, since for years the Thunder have employed a chop block technique on DeMarcus, using the strong untalented center to stand him up, and then having Ibaka fly over to block the crap out of his groundbound shots. If Rudy, presumably, can keep Ibaka out another few feet it would help.

4) and of course the real danger is Westbrook going Westbrook 2014-15 with Durant back out. We can even survive 30 from him. Not so much 40.

Last edited:

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
the drought continues in this one I'm afraid. No Durant just means that many more shots for Westbrick to get a chance to get a career high and/or get 15+ assists...one or the other shall suffice. This team is night and day on the road and at home on most nights.

I doubt we win this one! Will need to defend well and I just can't see us doing it! Westbrook and Morrow will kill us. Westbrook with his penetration and Marrow with gazzillion open 3s that he will get!

No Casspi tonight

He might be the 2nd most important player on the team after Cuz at this point. The Boston game was a slaughter without him. Team will need more Acy than usual tonight. Maybe some more WCS if he's ready.