[Game] Kings vs. Hawks 11/16/12

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I love how Grant and Jerry were insisting there's still enough time for the Kings to get back in the game - as if they hadn't been watching this entire debacle tonight.

I guess Jimmer isn't playing because they want to be better defensively...lol...give me a break.
For once I agree with you. After the last game Smart was all "Oh ... Jimmer has played so well, I need to find a way to give him minutes". He says that to the media and then goes on to play Jimmer for 7 seconds the next game. Either you just keep your mouth shut, or you follow up on your word.

One thing I've noticed about Reke this season - he doesn't seem to change speeds anymore. One of the things he was so good at was his sudden bursts of speed which threw defenders off. So far we haven't seen him change speeds when attacking or cutting to the basket.

I can't believe people in Sac would pay good money to watch this horrible product in person. Any guess on the sleepy attendance - 10,000 barely? I think fans for next game should go in with a big ringing yell - Smart Must Go!!! Unfortunatley, we know yelling Maloofs Must Go!!! won't work.

Just as a disclaimers Smart is awful. With that said Cousins play/act is a huge factor in the terrible start. To be anywhere near a .500 team he has to be great and he hasn't even matched his play from the second half of last season.

Last edited:
Look at the minute distribution for both teams:

Atlanta starters: Teague 20, Korver 35, Smith 39, Horford 41, Pachulia 31
Atlanta bench: Williams 27, Johnson 16, Harris 13, Morrow 3

Sacramento starters: Thomas 17, Evans 25, Johnson 17, Thompson 31, Cousins 35
Sacramento bench: Thornton 29, Salmons 25, Brooks 21, Robinson 15, Hayes 7, Fredette 6

Your best guys (usually starters) should play the most minutes and get the most shots. Then 1-2 key subs off the bench and a spot player or two. You don't try and get 10 guys to 20-25 minutes. It doesn't work.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
...and the Sacramento fans boo their own team off the floor. Hard to blame them. Keith Smart's postgame interview ought to be interesting. I'll watch it intently in the futile hope that it's his last.

Hey guys, during Tyreke's rookie season I didnt get a chance to watch very much because I was away at school. Was he a bad jump shooter back then?
Yes. But as bad as people make out the offense under Westphal to be, it was honestly better than what we have now, and that's with far less talented individual players.

its clear the rotations are screwing with this teams ability to produce anything at all no matter how talented they are. But i still watched it LOL at least parts of it.....

Hey guys, during Tyreke's rookie season I didnt get a chance to watch very much because I was away at school. Was he a bad jump shooter back then?
Mostly same-same. The difference is now every opponent knows Reke is a weak outside shooter so they pack it in and he can't slash as easily attack the basket or when he does hard to finish.

If they don't fire Smart asap, that just shows me he has agreed to help the team lose to ensure this team moves. He has no character, as he stands by little of what he says.

I am not joking.

i knew it would be bad when i got off of work.... all they were talking about was change the starting lineup..... when what they really should be talking about IS using the starting lineup LOL :cool:

They should've had the **** boo'd out of them louder than that. But then again, hard to make any noise when we have measly attendance numbers, and I dont blame the fans one bit for not wanting to show up to watch this pee por excuse for a professional basketball team. Pathetic.