[Game] Kings vs. Celtics, 2/3/21, 7pm PST, 10pm EST

Only 4 turnovers. Sweet change from what we've seen lately. Not a pretty half, but weirdly encouraging.
Fox grew a bit more in that 1st half. Some really puzzling calls from the coach and he made it work well enough to not sink them. Fox ran the offense in every way you expect a star player to.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
It's crazy how much Fox has improved at finishing under the basket this year. It's like something clicked in his head and he realized they're not calling fouls for him like the superstars in the league so he's proving he belongs in that group by contorting his body and spinning the ball in at odd angles like vintage D Wade instead. He's going to be recognized as a top 5 PG in the league very soon.

Absolutely LOVE what Fox did that half. Came in the 2nd, settled the team down, got guys involved - 7 assts, 0 TO - while making sure the C's didn't forget what he can do offensively. Definitely a team growing in confidence. Love it.

I can't believe I'm saying this after 20 some games but I don't mind keeping Barnes over Buddy if I have to pick. Barnes can be useful in many different areas on both ends of the floor.

It's crazy how much Fox has improved at finishing under the basket this year. It's like something clicked in his head and he realized they're not calling fouls for him like the superstars in the league so he's proving he belongs in that group by contorting his body and spinning the ball in at odd angles like vintage D Wade instead. He's going to be recognized as a top 5 PG in the league very soon.
The added size and strength is huge. Now he needs to impart some wisdom on that subject onto his friends Tyrese and Marvin.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Would I love a top 5 pick from this draft? Absolutely. But if you have some high school all stars finally playing to their potential, well, this team will make some noise.

Considering Halliburton dropped to 12, I think the Kings will be ok where they end up picking. As long as they keep showing fight with this squad, I'm ok with the potential wins.

Barnes earning his keep this year so far. Good for him.
And more. Sure feels like he's fully integrated into the team. I see a LOT more talk between him and the rest than I used to see. Communication has gone up a lot generally, but especially notable w/him. These guys are liking/trusting each other more and more.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I can't believe I'm saying this after 20 some games but I don't mind keeping Barnes over Buddy if I have to pick. Barnes can be useful in many different areas on both ends of the floor.
If he can play like this for the remainder of his contract, I would have to agree. He's grown as a facilitator, been more aggressive in looking to take advantage of mismatches, and is shooting with confidence when he's open.

Would I love a top 5 pick from this draft? Absolutely. But if you have some high school all stars finally playing to their potential, well, this team will make some noise.

Considering Halliburton dropped to 12, I think the Kings will be ok where they end up picking. As long as they keep showing fight with this squad, I'm ok with the potential wins.
The Kings put a number 2, 5, 6, 7, and a 12 steal out there already. Not too shabby a collection there. Haha.