[Game] Kings vs. Bulls 12/04/2022 3pm Pacific 6pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Murray very sneakily has been excellent on defense the last 5 games. He's been super impactful
absolutely. he's finding ways to contribute even when shot not falling.

also thought Huerter missed some threes that felt automatic for him a few weeks ago but he made a couple big twos and hounded the opposition on their end.

Also hats off to Metu. 5-5 from the field. He was one of my favorite fringe players but I basically gave up on him going into this season
Strangely enough, he's basically morphed into the guy he replaced (Richaun Holmes) on offense at least. Rim runner, dunks, efficient, being super athletic, making hustle plays. His development at the 5 has been an awesome part of the season

Duece said we were 17th in defense over the last 15 games and 6th over the last five before tonight’s game. A 16 game sample size is still small but encouraging
people were all up in our business about how horrible we were on defense largely based on the first ~10 games or so. which included a couple where we gave up 120 while scoring 150.

And speaking of Fox cooling down, major kudos to him. In years past I've wondered whether he'd rather score big or win, a question that wasn't answered earlier when both were happening.

But now he's comporting himself like a guy who's happy to win above all. No forced shots, no apparent sulking when he doesn't get the minutes he might expect or is out of the game for key stretches. Passing the ball when he might have been expected to shoot it late in the clock, rebounding better than we've ever seen him, d-ing up...

His attitude looks all team-first to me!

Last edited:
And speaking of Fox cooling down, major kudos to him. In years past I've wondered whether he's rather score big or win, a question hat wasn't answered earlier when both were happening.

But now he's comporting himself like a guy who's happy to win. No forced shots, no apparent sulking when he doesn't get the minutes he might expect or is out of the game for key stretches. Passing the ball when he might have been expected to shoot it late in the clock, rebounding better than we've ever seen him, d-ing up...

His attitude looks all team-first to me!
What Fox has done so well this season is find ways to contribute to the win, even when the shot isn't going down. That's basically never been the case in the past. Excellent defense, makes a good hustle rebound, he had that steal to a break-away dunk in the early 4th. Even though his scoring numbers have been down over the last 5, I still think he's playing pretty damn well overall with his defense too. Signs of real growth as a team leader.

Usually Demar AND Lavine torch us any time we play them. That's how you know this Kings team is different, to be able to withstand that. Wow.

Duece said we were 17th in defense over the last 15 games and 6th over the last five before tonight’s game. A 16 game sample size is still small but encouraging
The trend line is sweet. It's one thing to know, in principle, that by upping the D they can win games even when the offense isn't clicking. But now they're DOING it - and looks like they're buying in. Hard to overstate the importance of Domas' work on the defensive boards there.

Strangely enough, he's basically morphed into the guy he replaced (Richaun Holmes) on offense at least. Rim runner, dunks, efficient, being super athletic, making hustle plays. His development at the 5 has been an awesome part of the season
Yeah, he's basically prime Holmes now without the defense. Metu when scoring and putting up points is OK, but this was another game where the opposing side flat out attacked him on defense. Brown actually played Sabonis for defensive purposes in this one haha. As long as Brown keeps watching that matchup from here on and makes adjustments accordingly then this should be just fine. Also, time to cut Metu in the high post. Just no. The lob plays are his bread and butter now.

Yeah, he's basically prime Holmes now without the defense. Metu when scoring and putting up points is OK, but this was another game where the opposing side flat out attacked him on defense. Brown actually played Sabonis for defensive purposes in this one haha. As long as Brown keeps watching that matchup from here on and makes adjustments accordingly then this should be just fine. Also, time to cut Metu in the high post. Just no. The lob plays are his bread and butter now.
Yeah, Metu is a TINY bit better suited than Holmes at running the DHO stuff, but that just needs to be kept to a minimum or just cut out when he's in the game. That's when we need to ramp the PnR and let the guards/Huerter get downhill

Guys. We are 13 and 9 lmao how in the world did we recover from that disappointing start to the season? I could cry
And Jones said this team is climbing the defensive ratings too. It's amazing when he started running switch the team is now in the top 22? I figured 23 if they were lucky, haha.

Kings don't depart until Tuesday for Wed. game in Milwaukee on the LONG road trip. Now we are REALLY going to find out what kind of a team we have. Strong contenders for NBA playoffs or just a fun team hoping to be .500 by end of the season.

Yeah, Metu is a TINY bit better suited than Holmes at running the DHO stuff, but that just needs to be kept to a minimum or just cut out when he's in the game. That's when we need to ramp the PnR and let the guards/Huerter get downhill
Yeah dribble hand off stuff isn't terrible but they've been giving him more chances to fake the pass off and find cutters. No thanks.

Kings don't depart until Tuesday for Wed. game in Milwaukee on the LONG road trip. Now we are REALLY going to find out what kind of a team we have. Strong contenders for NBA playoffs or just a fun team hoping to be .500 by end of the season.
A few days ago we were hoping team would split the next 8 and we're already 2-0.
The .500 expectation left the station for me the minute we got to 6-6 when I was expecting 4-8 or 3-9 after the Portland loss.

A few days ago we were hoping team would split the next 8 and we're already 2-0.
The .500 expectation left the station for me the minute we got to 6-6 when I was expecting 4-8 or 3-9 after the Portland loss.
I had basically marked this 12 game stretch from the Grizzlies road game to the Raptors 2nd night of a B-B as probably the toughest test the Kings would have all year. 9 road games, including a 6 game road trip with every team being at least a top 20 squad and a few of the best teams in the league. My expectation was 4 wins in a stretch that's tough for any team in the league.

4-3 so far is truly outstanding. If the Kings can go 6-6 in this stretch and then really take advantage of a favorable following month of games? Oh boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.