[Game] Kings vs. Bulls 12/04/2022 3pm Pacific 6pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
he changed his tune a bit when the Kings traded for his son.
I guess the draft was a few days before I left for my work conference and then 2 weeks in Europe where I did not watch youtube that whole time - so I just remember all his crying about how he wasn't catered to on draft night and Keegs being an underwhelming pick. I think we traded for Huerter the day I flew out to England.

eta: oh I'm way wrong. that was probably Monk. We signed Huerter the day I ended my quarantine. Either way, I was completely off line outside of news and check ins on this board during summer league for another 10-12 days.

Last edited:
I had basically marked this 12 game stretch from the Grizzlies road game to the Raptors 2nd night of a B-B as probably the toughest test the Kings would have all year. 9 road games, including a 6 game road trip with every team being at least a top 20 squad and a few of the best teams in the league. My expectation was 4 wins in a stretch that's tough for any team in the league.

4-3 so far is truly outstanding. If the Kings can go 6-6 in this stretch and then really take advantage of a favorable following month of games? Oh boy.
I was looking at the schedule over the next 10 games and based on this year’s records alone the only elite teams are the Bucks and Cavs. Which is obviously a brutal 2-game road swing. But even the top teams coming up are around .500 and I believe only Milwaukee and Cleveland have better records than us

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I was looking at the schedule over the next 10 games and based on this year’s records alone the only elite teams are the Bucks and Cavs. Which is obviously a brutal 2-game road swing. But even the top teams coming up are around .500 and I believe only Milwaukee and Cleveland have better records than us
I still think we can't throw out last year's records entirely until January.

This Chicago team we played today was a good team even though they've been completely written off for dead by "those that know".

What concerns me about his shot through a long season, is that he's a "hang shooter". He doesn't shoot on the way up, but hangs then releases it. Fatigue affects this type of shot a lot more
Is that really possible? I mean, we all seem to think there is a "hangtime", but what I studied in high school physics was that a body will go up, come to a stop, and then fall back. True, the speed at the top is 0, so for a small interval, from reaching close to the top to coming down, there is a "hangtime". You probably mean that. However, that would suggest he is releasing close to the highest point, which is not necessarily a bad thing. I do agree that fatigue might be more of an issue there, since all the force is then coming from the upper body.

Thoughts?

I still think we can't throw out last year's records entirely until January.

This Chicago team we played today was a good team even though they've been completely written off for dead by "those that know".
Also, it really seems like every team outside of Detroit, Orlando, Spurs and Hornets are actually pretty reasonably good. Even the Lakers are on a 3-game winning streak.

the 13 seed OKC Thunder are "only" 6 games out of 1st place PHX Suns. That seems kind of nutty to me as we head through the first week of December.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Went to the game tonight sitting fairly low. Fox and Domas definitely don’t get the same whistles as other star players.
Monk’s dunk was unbelievable
KZ and Keegan are providing additional tough D. Slowed Derozan quite a bit in the 1st half.
If the Bulls had Mike Brown as their coach, they would be better. Their length and defensive potential are great. They are missing a PG though and play quite a bit of iso ball after minimal ball movement
The crowd is loud and fired up……good time to go to games

Is that really possible? I mean, we all seem to think there is a "hangtime", but what I studied in high school physics was that a body will go up, come to a stop, and then fall back. True, the speed at the top is 0, so for a small interval, from reaching close to the top to coming down, there is a "hangtime". You probably mean that. However, that would suggest he is releasing close to the highest point, which is not necessarily a bad thing. I do agree that fatigue might be more of an issue there, since all the force is then coming from the upper body.

Thoughts?
He's a really good deep shooter, but just uses a lot of effort to do it....and to me it looks like he releases it less on the way up than other top shooters. May just be an illusion, but it gives the appearance of hanging and then releasing. I really notice it on his mid range shots even more so.

If the Bulls had Mike Brown as their coach, they would be better. Their length and defensive potential are great. They are missing a PG though and play quite a bit of iso ball after minimal ball movement
For all the pieces the Bulls have they just didn't seem that threatening on offence. It's like we are > than the sum of our parts but they are not.

For all the pieces the Bulls have they just didn't seem that threatening on offence. It's like we are > than the sum of our parts but they are not.
We have Domas and they don’t. They don’t have a guy that can even do 10% of what Domas does for the flow of an offense. Ball being injured is a huge blow to them as he is the one that keeps their offense moving. Without him they are an iso team with tough role players. Still good and can beat anyone on a given night, but predictable.

WTF, I bet everything I had on Kings win and I was not disappointed. The start of the season surprised me. Lately - all is cool. Road trip? Does this team is willing to go into somebody's else building and chalk up the L? Nope. As long as Kings have no bad injuries (Domas hurts others who try to injure him), I expect a W every time (though Bucks will be tough, like Boston).

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
We have Domas and they don’t. They don’t have a guy that can even do 10% of what Domas does for the flow of an offense. Ball being injured is a huge blow to them as he is the one that keeps their offense moving. Without him they are an iso team with tough role players. Still good and can beat anyone on a given night, but predictable.
Chicago has Vucevic though! for whom they will be sending Orlando their pick this year.

When you look at all the horrid franchise crippling trades around the NBA the last few years (more than a few of which involved big men) it's so strange everyone wants to focus on ours which was a straight up player swap.

Chicago has Vucevic though! for whom they will be sending Orlando their pick this year.

When you look at all the horrid franchise crippling trades around the NBA the last few years (more than a few of which involved big men) it's so strange everyone wants to focus on ours which was a straight up player swap.
Vucevic is a good big man and I was actually hoping we would land him a few years back. Problem is he’s become close to an afterthought on their roster. He was a 20-10 or better player for a good stretch of his career. I do agree with you, media ripped us a new one because 1) we are the kings and have sucked for close to 2 decades and 2) no one had any reason to know anything about us (because of reason #1). They just immediately assumed we were the idiot franchise again and honestly can you really blame them? If I watched the same story on repeat for 15+ years I’d be more inclined to not believe than to believe.

Was ar the game tonight sitting pretty close. Hammered Lavine pretty hard starting in the 3rd when he picked up his whining (I told him Zack Morris was definitely cooler). Culminated in me standing making a big "L" above the tunnel asking him how the L tasted and him shooting me daggers lol. Punk.

One thing I noticed. Sabonis wanted NOTHING to do with Vuc in the post. Was kind of disappointed with that which is why I feel his fg's were down tonight. But the encouraging thing is he still made a crazy good impact on the glass and with his passing and screens.

Monk is a stud. That move alone should get Monte GMOTY consideration and Monk 6MOTY consideration. Dude is just IT and having a blast being IT.

Huerter is hurting. His shot looks like he has no confidence in it. He needs to stay after practice and shoot to get his rhythm back.

Keegan is doing a lot of things that aren't showing up in the box. His defense has been tremendous. His situational awareness has been really good. And nice to see him hit some Shots.

I still think Fox has a hurt groin. He is still playing solid defense and doing other things to be a productive player tho. Hats off to him for being a tough SOB.

Kings still get no respect from the refs. Hopefully as they continue being a solid team that will change.

Oh, and Zach Lavine Isn't even as cool as AC Slater either. F that guy lol. I bet he wanted to fight me.

Was ar the game tonight sitting pretty close. Hammered Lavine pretty hard starting in the 3rd when he picked up his whining (I told him Zack Morris was definitely cooler). Culminated in me standing making a big "L" above the tunnel asking him how the L tasted and him shooting me daggers lol. Punk.

One thing I noticed. Sabonis wanted NOTHING to do with Vuc in the post. Was kind of disappointed with that which is why I feel his fg's were down tonight. But the encouraging thing is he still made a crazy good impact on the glass and with his passing and screens.

Monk is a stud. That move alone should get Monte GMOTY consideration and Monk 6MOTY consideration. Dude is just IT and having a blast being IT.

Huerter is hurting. His shot looks like he has no confidence in it. He needs to stay after practice and shoot to get his rhythm back.

Keegan is doing a lot of things that aren't showing up in the box. His defense has been tremendous. His situational awareness has been really good. And nice to see him hit some Shots.

I still think Fox has a hurt groin. He is still playing solid defense and doing other things to be a productive player tho. Hats off to him for being a tough SOB.

Kings still get no respect from the refs. Hopefully as they continue being a solid team that will change.

Oh, and Zach Lavine Isn't even as cool as AC Slater either. F that guy lol. I bet he wanted to fight me.
I don’t think it was Sabonis wanting nothing to do with Vucevic. He has pretty good history against him offensively and Vuc isn’t exactly the stifle tower down there. Domas was just in a straight facilitator mode tonight. He was consistently drawing other defenders on drives again Vuc and he was looking for shooters and cutters all game.

You from Philly? :D

Vucevic is a good big man and I was actually hoping we would land him a few years back. Problem is he’s become close to an afterthought on their roster. He was a 20-10 or better player for a good stretch of his career. I do agree with you, media ripped us a new one because 1) we are the kings and have sucked for close to 2 decades and 2) no one had any reason to know anything about us (because of reason #1). They just immediately assumed we were the idiot franchise again and honestly can you really blame them? If I watched the same story on repeat for 15+ years I’d be more inclined to not believe than to believe.

Vuc turned 32 at the beginning of the season and DeRozan is 33. They went all-in on a team that won 46 games and lost in the first round last year, and they have one first round pick over the next three years. They're clearly a second-tier team in the eastern conference at best.

To their credit, they're at least going to tread water as a +.500 team. We've gone all-in to tread water at 30 wins

Not a game we would have won in the past. Coach Brown is doing a hell of a job getting the team to commit to defense. Sabonas was really good. I agree Fox is battling some kind of injury slowing him down. First bad game I've seen from Huerter. Some solid D by Davion down the stretch. Monk was terrific.

Status
Not open for further replies.