[Game] Kings vs. Bulls, 1/6/2021, 7pm PST, 10pm EST

BTW, where are all the Otto Porter fan boys? He sure looked awesome tonight.

I never understood the over-the-top, never ending interest in that guy. Decent player, nothing more.
People thought his role behind ball dominant players in Washington had more to do with him averaging 14 points and not averaging 20+. He had a lot of big breakout games...turns out he just isn’t a very assertive player or can’t create his own shot consistently...he went to Chicago and played the same role with the occasional big game. He killed it in Portland just the night before he was ordinary vs the Kings.

He would’ve been a good fit for the Kings but Barnes is a better overall player. Grant also noted on his old show that Barnes is pretty much the team leader. Otto doesn’t seem like a leader.

People thought his role behind ball dominant players in Washington had more to do with him averaging 14 points and not averaging 20+. He had a lot of big breakout games...turns out he just isn’t a very assertive player or can’t create his own shot consistently...he went to Chicago and played the same role with the occasional big game. He killed it in Portland just the night before he was ordinary vs the Kings.

He would’ve been a good fit for the Kings but Barnes is a better overall player. Grant also noted on his old show that Barnes is pretty much the team leader. Otto doesn’t seem like a leader.
'Not a very assertive player' is - for me - a really good description of him. Injuries may have slowed him a little as well. Agree Barnes is a good leader and Otto would not fit that role.

Hield was 3-15 for 10 / 3/ 3. Mr. Holmes was 10-11 for 24/8/5. The rookie was 17/7/6 with no TOs.
When the guy you count on to shoot is 3 for 15 that is a problem. Especially when the rest of the team is doing a pretty good job of getting the ball in the hole shooting 50% for the game.

If Hield is doing special things out there I am not seeing them, and they do not show up in the box score either. White and Levine torched the Kings for 68 points.
Buddy is averaging 5 more minutes than last season but scoring 4 fewer points with no increase to other stats like rebounds or assists. I do think he will pick things up a little but something to keep an eye on. Maybe he wasn't super dialled in during the off-season so he is a bit behind the 8 ball, or maybe he and Luke just don't click.

If he's really not clicking with Luke, the best thing to do would be to shoot the lights out and then demand a trade. Players (mostly) aren't dumb. They also know they're easier to move when their value is high.

For players with a great shooting touch, every night is a challenge. They go from being heroes to zeroes real fast. Coaching is really important with guys like Hield. If they lose their confidence it immediately shows up in the shooting and scoring column. Walton's style may not be compatible with Hield at all. That would partially explain the crappy shooting so far.

Based upon his attitude, aptitude, self-awareness, maturity, IQ, and natural abilities — I believe he’s destined to develop into a lot more than that.

I don’t see Tyrese uncomfortable doing anything. He seems ready, willing, and able to do anything the team needs him to do in order to win.
We shall see. I still think what he is, and where he can head to in that same direction is what the franchise needs. When teams start taking the ball out of his hands, doubling him off screens, will he attack over or though the defense like LeBron or Harden? Or swing the ball like a glue piece? Time will tell and so will usage.