[Game] Kings vs. Bulls, 1/6/2021, 7pm PST, 10pm EST

Game ball to Haliburton. Wow.
Barnes is very dependable.
Bagley is showing some much better play except for on defense.
Hope Fox heals up.
Mr. Holmes showing his stuff. Tyrese understands the pick and roll.
Notice the change in the Kings' effort level, playing defense, and moving without the ball and sharing it. It is a direct result of coaching. Walton deserves some credit for the improvement in the play of the team. Like it or not. He woke them up.

Yeah and one of those TO was the end of the game shot clock violation in the big Denver win that the vets forced him to take since he's a rook so it really should be 28:3 on the A/TO ratio.
It was Buddy. Buddy didn't want the turnover, so he called Tyrese over to take the turnover.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Game ball to Haliburton. Wow.
Barnes is very dependable.
Bagley is showing some much better play except for on defense.
Hope Fox heals up.
Mr. Holmes showing his stuff. Tyrese understands the pick and roll.
Notice the change in the Kings' effort level, playing defense, and moving without the ball and sharing it. It is a direct result of coaching. Walton deserves some credit for the improvement in the play of the team. Like it or not. He woke them up.
Disagree on Walton getting credit. We won because Halliburton played. I mean if you want to break it down, how many points in the paint did Chicago score in the 4th Q. I do like the small ball lineup but in this game, Bagley should have finished it out or how about Whiteside. Walton sticks to a rotation when at times you need to react to what is going on in game and he usually doesn’t.
Bagley actually did a solid job on defense. Not great because it’s never going to be great but he was solid.
And as long as Cojo is getting these big minutes, I will blame Walton....it’s inexcusable as Cojo is on the Bogdanovich path of having 1 good game in 6.

For the 1000th time, Tyrese didn't get a TO on that play. Shot clock violations are "team" turnovers.
I know, I read that (and was going to make an edit), but since it was already established I didn't feel it was necessary. I was only adding to the conversation by stating who was the player that make the rook come get the ball.

Disagree on Walton getting credit. We won because Halliburton played. I mean if you want to break it down, how many points in the paint did Chicago score in the 4th Q. I do like the small ball lineup but in this game, Bagley should have finished it out or how about Whiteside. Walton sticks to a rotation when at times you need to react to what is going on in game and he usually doesn’t.
Bagley actually did a solid job on defense. Not great because it’s never going to be great but he was solid.
And as long as Cojo is getting these big minutes, I will blame Walton....it’s inexcusable as Cojo is on the Bogdanovich path of having 1 good game in 6.
Yeah, his CoJo obsession is out of hand. It was last year too, but it wasn't as annoying because he was taking minutes from Bogdanovich, who was wildly inconsistent. Now he's taking minutes from a legit rookie who happens to be a real needle mover. It'd be one thing if CoJo performed well out there, but he's been horrible to start the season. He can't make anything and can't guard anyone. You'd think someone who has been around as much winning basketball as Walton has could see something so obvious, but apparently not.

then you go back to 2016-17 when they started 4-5 (which walton can either tie or surpass on wednesday).

want more?

o.k. 2014-15, started 5-1, then 6-4, then 9-5 (think walton will get there on this 7 game homestand?)

then you go back to 2016-17 when they started 4-5 (which walton can either tie or surpass on wednesday).

want more?

o.k. 2014-15, started 5-1, then 6-4, then 9-5 (think walton will get there on this 7 game homestand?)

i think it may be an "even year thing"

Otto Porter, Andrew Wiggins, and younger Aaron Afflalo, all dudes who Kings fans irrationally fell in love with for some reason. Actually the reason is they were all SFs
Certainly explains the fascination with Kelly Oubre.
I don’t remember too much about Wiggins but do remember a lot of people wanting batum and Alan crabbe along with the others on your list.
I remember there was one offseason years back when Crabbe was a really hot name. lol

When someone is starving to death, a saltine cracker seems like a t-bone steak.

That’s the only excuse I can come up with. ;)

Eh, I think he just prefers to get others involved. He even stated as much in his PC. Talked about being taught early on that a PG’s job is basically that of a ’mom’ — to make everyone happy.

I believe as he gains experience and more clout and respect with his teammates, he’ll learn when to look for his own shot a bit more. To a small degree, he’s kinda doing that already.

While he’s not a 6-9 freak, I do get the Magic Johnson comparisons. His composure, maturity and focus on making his teammates better.

Honestly, the sky is the limit for Tyrese. He could end up becoming a far better player than anybody believes even now.
Being uncomfortable with something isn't a bad thing. He doesn't waste a lot of energy on things that don't work for him. That's what makes a great glue piece.

Being uncomfortable with something isn't a bad thing. He doesn't waste a lot of energy on things that don't work for him. That's what makes a great glue piece.
Based upon his attitude, aptitude, self-awareness, maturity, IQ, and natural abilities — I believe he’s destined to develop into a lot more than that.

I don’t see Tyrese uncomfortable doing anything. He seems ready, willing, and able to do anything the team needs him to do in order to win.

It is always amazing to me that so many casual fans of basketball can think they are experts at coaching compared to people that have played in college, played in the pros and made a living for a long time "coaching basketball."

Has anyone here played in the NBA?
Who has played in a major college D-I?

I've heard a couple references to Harrison B having made a speech to the team after the Golden State debacle. Anybody read anything w/more info about that? (Probably not. Players don't share those convos; nor should they.) Along w/Haliburton's return and the guys' pride, I imagine that conversation was a rallying cry. Love that leadership from HB.

It is always amazing to me that so many casual fans of basketball can think they are experts at coaching compared to people that have played in college, played in the pros and made a living for a long time "coaching basketball."

Has anyone here played in the NBA?
Who has played in a major college D-I?
No but I played in high school which requires a much higher level of play than winning 2 NBA titles.

Hield was 3-15 for 10 / 3/ 3. Mr. Holmes was 10-11 for 24/8/5. The rookie was 17/7/6 with no TOs.
When the guy you count on to shoot is 3 for 15 that is a problem. Especially when the rest of the team is doing a pretty good job of getting the ball in the hole shooting 50% for the game.

If Hield is doing special things out there I am not seeing them, and they do not show up in the box score either. White and Levine torched the Kings for 68 points.