[Game] Kings vs. Bucks, 4/3/2021, 7pm PST 10pm EST

Yeah we gotta stop thinking this team is actually good. We are still one Fox level player or better away from being a winning team
I think winning in the NBA is a little more complicated than us fans like to think it is. The Pelicans have 2 all stars and have been worse than us most of the year. Boston has 2 all stars and an alleged genius at the helm and they have hovered below .500. Toronto- Van Fleet, Lowry, Siakam, OG and Nurse who is considered one of the better coaches in the league. Yeh they have had injuries and are playing away from home but they are also in the Eastern Conference. Their record? 19-30.

Point being, it is HARD to win in the NBA even with good talent. You need it all. Talent, depth, luck, chemistry, good coaching.

The most important things you need at the coaching spot in the NBA are rotation and clock management outside of the obvious playing to the strengths of your best players. That's a given. The Kings don't have that with the guy they have right now and it's held this team back at many points this season. We've seen unnecessary adjustment in between games and a willingness to sit and let things collapse around the players with little to no adjustment in game. Until that's corrected no matter what you have it will be limited in the most critical of moments and it will show in the W/L records.

I think winning in the NBA is a little more complicated than us fans like to think it is. The Pelicans have 2 all stars and have been worse than us most of the year. Boston has 2 all stars and an alleged genius at the helm and they have hovered below .500. Toronto- Van Fleet, Lowry, Siakam, OG and Nurse who is considered one of the better coaches in the league. Yeh they have had injuries and are playing away from home but they are also in the Eastern Conference. Their record? 19-30.

Point being, it is HARD to win in the NBA even with good talent. You need it all. Talent, depth, luck, chemistry, good coaching.
You’re right 100%. Imo we need the talent first though since we the Kings after all. NBA ain’t gonna give us anything so we have no choice but to sandbag our way to the top.

You’re right 100%. Imo we need the talent first though since we the Kings after all. NBA ain’t gonna give us anything so we have no choice but to sandbag our way to the top.
The NBA gave us "lottery luck" and the 2nd pick in the most important draft in franchise history....and Vlade/Ranadive blew it. I was sick to my stomach the second that pick was announced. Sometimes you just know right away. That was one of those times

SLAB

Hall of Famer
The NBA gave us "lottery luck" and the 2nd pick in the most important draft in franchise history....and Vlade/Ranadive blew it. I was sick to my stomach the second that pick was announced. Sometimes you just know right away. That was one of those times
I posted a vulgar wordplay/picture on my IG seconds after the pick was made. Immediate KANGZ feelings. Lol

Last edited:
Not long ago we jumped up to top 3 in two straight years. One was lowered by 2 spots thanks to Vlade's genius salary dumping trade with Hinkie. We got Fox so it end up well. The other one, not so much.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Not long ago we jumped up to top 3 in two straight years. One was lowered by 2 spots thanks to Vlade's genius salary dumping trade with Hinkie. We got Fox so it end up well. The other one, not so much.
The drop *MAY* have saved Vlade from himself because I remember reading a report that said (of course only a report, so grain of salt and all that, but knowing Vlade I 100% believe it)

“The Kings like De’Aaron Fox but LOVE Josh Jackson.”

The drop *MAY* have saved Vlade from himself because I remember reading a report that said (of course only a report, so grain of salt and all that, but knowing Vlade I 100% believe it)

“The Kings like De’Aaron Fox but LOVE Josh Jackson.”
The suns do seem to help us out in the draft a lot by screwing up their picks and leaving us with the perfect pick

The most important things you need at the coaching spot in the NBA are rotation and clock management outside of the obvious playing to the strengths of your best players. That's a given. The Kings don't have that with the guy they have right now and it's held this team back at many points this season. We've seen unnecessary adjustment in between games and a willingness to sit and let things collapse around the players with little to no adjustment in game. Until that's corrected no matter what you have it will be limited in the most critical of moments and it will show in the W/L records.
Yeah it's interesting how some fan-bases get "tired" of coaches that constantly put up playoff performances and flat out just win. Guys like Nate McMillan in Indy and even Adelman with the Kings before we got rid of them. The grass is almost always never greener on the other side.

Yeah it's interesting how some fan-bases get "tired" of coaches that constantly put up playoff performances and flat out just win. Guys like Nate McMillan in Indy and even Adelman with the Kings before we got rid of them. The grass is almost always never greener on the other side.
McMillan would have this team playing so much better, consistently. The Pacers have a bunch of injuries, but they miss him greatly while the Hawks are looking competent even though they are fighting several injuries. Hopefully Monte can find someone that has a similar effect this off-season

The other thing is obviously when you have a team of certain types of players getting a coach that has a background stylistically that will fit those players is paramount. Pop changing his style to fit the modern game now that he doesn't have Duncan to rely on has shown how great of a coach he really is. Had Pop kept trudging along and forced the same old stuff on the players he has now it wouldn't work. Conversely you have what many feel, or felt, was the greatest coach of all time in Phil Jackson forcing the triangle onto his team in New York and it created a mega dumpster fire that knocked him down the pantheon of greats in an instant.

The other thing is obviously when you have a team of certain types of players getting a coach that has a background stylistically that will fit those players is paramount. Pop changing his style to fit the modern game now that he doesn't have Duncan to rely on has shown how great of a coach he really is. Had Pop kept trudging along and forced the same old stuff on the players he has now it wouldn't work. Conversely you have what many feel, or felt, was the greatest coach of all time in Phil Jackson forcing the triangle onto his team in New York and it created a mega dumpster fire that knocked him down the pantheon of greats in an instant.
Pop has changed his teams style like 5x over the year to fit the skill-set of his team. Never once has he tried to force a round peg into a square hole.

Pop has changed his teams style like 5x over the year to fit the skill-set of his team. Never once has he tried to force a round peg into a square hole.
It's his willingness to go with small ball to the extent he has recently that kind of threw me for a loop. He's all in at times. In fact beyond all in.

McMillan would have this team playing so much better, consistently. The Pacers have a bunch of injuries, but they miss him greatly while the Hawks are looking competent even though they are fighting several injuries. Hopefully Monte can find someone that has a similar effect this off-season
Every time he gets fired, the team he got fired from is worse the next season.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
It's his willingness to go with small ball to the extent he has recently that kind of threw me for a loop. He's all in at times. In fact beyond all in.
Yep. He’s using Keldon Johnson at power forward which is absolutely not something I thought he’d ever do.

of course a lot of this has to do with personnel and the fact that they cut Aldridge and have Rudy Gay as probably their best all around big man.