[Game] Kings vs Blazers - Tuesday, Jan. 1 - 6:00PT/9:00ET - HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

HArkless with 3 steals already. He is a major issue for the Kings. Will always remember when he got 3 blocks on Carmelo in a few second span rookie year.

Kings looking sloppy and unbalanced. WCS is a no show. Blazers are pushing out on our guards, bcz they don’t fear our interior scoring. Kosta needs less than 20 mins per game. Playing like garbage the last 5 games. We miss Bags.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I hate to be this guy, but this isn’t surprising. We’re three great but unlikley comebacks away from being on a seven game losing streak. The team has been really really bad since Bagley went down.

Hopefully the bad habits disappear when he gets back, but this is us crashing back down to earth hard.

We are so lucky that we won those 4 games when we were down big.

Ain't gonna get lucky all the time, we should be under 500 by now because of the way we are playing.

Disgusting to watch, the paint is wide open, let's play that matador defense, allow every team score 30 in a quarter, because we can ''outrun'' them and at the end outscore them.

Oh yeah and this Koufos over Giles in getting ridiculous.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
what an ugly first half, other than Buddy coming to play. Fox needs to be aggressive in the third or the Kings are done for. Curry with 15 and Nurkic with 13 and 10 and Lillard isn't even shooting that much, scary.

A passive Fox since the 4th quarter of the Laker game. Really not the same since he's had that shoulder issue.

If you're going to play hurt then you have to still produce.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I hate to be this guy, but this isn’t surprising. We’re three great but unlikley comebacks away from being on a seven game losing streak. The team has been really really bad since Bagley went down.

Hopefully the bad habits disappear when he gets back, but this is us crashing back down to earth hard.
I can't stress enough the fact that Bagley is the Kings' third option and gives the Kings an extra rebounder too

First half observations. KK can’t be on this roster anymore. Stop playing him. He literally is too uncoordinated and too slow to play this fast. He can’t do it. Not his fault but he isn’t built to play this way.

We need size. Legit size. Big men are killing us with these offensive rebounds and tap outs. We cannot give NBA teams multiple possessions to score all the time. It’s no wonder we give up 30 plus every quarter. Our bad defense coupled with our inability to rebound the ball is handicapping us. We have some legit problems and teams have scouted them out. Honeymoon is over, we need to address these problems via trade if we hope to make the playoffs.

If we can play at or near .500 during the inevitable "crash" when the league figures you out a little and then you have to adjust and find that next level, I can handle that. This phase won't last forever.

I know the team tried to get Shumpert going early in the game. But the key is for Bjeli to be hot. 9/10 tikes if he's good, we win. I know teams are meeting him at the 3pt line and making him drive, but Kings need to find a way to get him into a rhythm.

This is not a playoff team yet, and another miraculous run would only seem like they're just hanging on by a thread. Short of an Otto Porter trade I don't think there's actually a playoff run in them.

This frontcourt won't cut it.

Shumpert is a good defender but takes some terrible shots and is not a true 3. Bjelica seems pretty feast or famine and is weak in the middle. WCS is lackadaisical and a poor fit with Bjelica defensively.

Bagley is out but is obviously the best frontcourt bet going forward. Giles doesn't play. Koufos is beyond useless.

gunks

Hall of Famer
This game has been rough...

It seems like the Kings need an efficient 60-70 points from the Fox, Buddy, Bogs trio to have a shot any given night.

If 2 out of those 3 are laying an egg (Fox and Bogi tonight) this team is going to lose more often than not. There isn't anyone else on the roster who can really step it up and pour in 20 points (besides random cameos in this role by guys like Willie and Shump, but you certainly can't rely on that). That's where a healthy Bagley comes in...

The frontcourt is a mess of inconsistency. WCS gets the most heat, but Kosta and Bjeli have also had a lot of real stinker games. Vlade's counting on Bagley and Giles being the frontcourt moving forward, which puts the team in the awkward position of not really wanting to commit to a bandaid front court improvement via trade. Vlade has basically said as much....Soooo we're gonna get eviscerated in the paint every night.

But hey, it's easy to forget this is still a rebuilding team! The Kings weakness may very well be a strength in a couple years if Bags and Giles work out! It can be frustrating to watch right now, but I aint mad!

Also: Kardiac Kings. Let's go in the 2nd half!

First half observations. KK can’t be on this roster anymore. Stop playing him. He literally is too uncoordinated and too slow to play this fast. He can’t do it. Not his fault but he isn’t built to play this way.

We need size. Legit size. Big men are killing us with these offensive rebounds and tap outs. We cannot give NBA teams multiple possessions to score all the time. It’s no wonder we give up 30 plus every quarter. Our bad defense coupled with our inability to rebound the ball is handicapping us. We have some legit problems and teams have scouted them out. Honeymoon is over, we need to address these problems via trade if we hope to make the playoffs.
We aren’t going to get a good big via trade. Perhaps we should try and develop one of the young bigs we have on the roster.

Buncha Debbie downers and nervous Pervis's in this thread! The Kings are young and wounded. They can easily scrap their way back into striking distance!

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
This is not a playoff team yet, and another miraculous run would only seem like they're just hanging on by a thread. Short of an Otto Porter trade I don't think there's actually a playoff run in them.

This frontcourt won't cut it.

Shumpert is a good defender but takes some terrible shots and is not a true 3. Bjelica seems pretty feast or famine and is weak in the middle. WCS is lackadaisical and a poor fit with Bjelica defensively.

Bagley is out but is obviously the best frontcourt bet going forward. Giles doesn't play. Koufos is beyond useless.
The time for Bagley to start was over a month ago. Bjelica is best suited for a bench role but since Willie can't shoot outside of 10 feet, Bjelica is there to help space the floor.