[Game] Kings v. Trailblazers - 12/20/16 - 7:30PT/10:30ET

He was talking. I think you're wrong and apparently so did the officials.
And, hey, I'm not trying to downplay how awesome the game was because I was incredibly excited watching it on TV. I think that's great that your first game was such an epic one. I'm just trying to be honest how I see that mouthpiece incident.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
And, hey, I'm not trying to downplay how awesome the game was because I was incredibly excited watching it on TV. I think that's great that your first game was such an epic one. I'm just trying to be honest how I see that mouthpiece incident.
It wasn't my first game. It was my first game at G1C. I recorded the game and watched it again in the wee hours when I got back to the forest. Between the view I had with my own eyes, the view on the incredibly huge jumbotron and all the replays I still do not believe it was intentional.

Was it intentional? I really don't know. Only DeMarcus does. I suppose whether he did or didn't is in the eye of the beholder and how you personally feel about him.

It's akin to a controversial foul call at the end of a game. Fans of the player or team that received the benefit of said call typically believe it to be a good call while those on the other end of the spectrum believe it was wrong. Same logic applies here. If you root for the Blazers or have issues with DeMarcus, you likely believe it was done purposely.

Having said that, I can't really argue against either side. I can understand why many would feel it was done purposely. Even DeMarcus said the same thing after he saw a replay.

We can speculate until the cows come home but nobody truly knows but DeMarcus. All we can agree upon is that his mouthpiece did come out.

Either way, I don't care. All I do care about is Boogie's monster game resulted in a W for the team. Case closed for me.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
You don't get suspended for spitting a mouthpiece.

Maybe if it flew off into the stands and hit a little girl in the head.
Just listened to the first segment of The Drive onDemand: according to Kayte, the refs originally issued him the technical for throwing the mouthpiece but, after review, they asked Stotts if Cousins had thrown the mouthpiece, and Stotts said "No." Apparently, Stotts had brought up Cousins spitting out the mouthpiece because he wanted Cousins to get T'd up for taunting the bench... But, it seems as though the play wasn't reviewable, at least not in terms of rescinding the technical for throwing and issuing him a "new" technical for taunting.

So, DJ Khaled has a message for Portland Trailblazers head coach Terry Stotts:

Cousins was surprisingly complimentary of FIBA World Champion Mason Plumlee. Nothing but shade for Meyers Leonard, though.
I for one am greatly enjoying Cousins newfound persuasive power of the interview.

He's beginning to understand that acting crazy gets attention, and attention makes others care what you say, and then you can use that as a way of intimidating.

Whether you like it or not ladies and gentleman the game is played on multiple levels and DMC is now playing the mental game and taking no prisoners. Not only will he own Leonard for the rest of his career, but other players are now more scared of getting beat by him or (importantly) disrespecting him. They will be publicly humiliated. He's seized the bully pulpit and is using it to his advantage. I love it.

The fact that in the next breath he PRAISES a fellow Olympian only adds strength to the verbal smackdown of Leonard because it creates contrast, and also shows that he's not just out to hate everybody. It's much worse to get a verbal smackdown from someone who has a heart than just some nutjob talking crap about everybody.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I finally got a chance to rewatch the game. I don't know if this has been posted somewhere already, but it's worth repeating: