[Game] Kings v. Thunder - 11/23/16 - 7:30PT/10:30ET

What a nice attempt of you trying to shape a narrative...

Do you really believe Luol Deng, Mozgov, Lou Williams and Nick Young are the most important players on that team? Of course they aren't. That team is actually powered by the improved play of Russell, Randle, Clarkson, Nance and supported well by the vets that actually do play.
Don't you know that we only lose to elite teams that are supposed to beat us or overachieving teams that have no business winning but do anyway? Basically anything that suggests we're all set for the playoffs. Vet power! Sign Matt Barnes to a max contract already! Small ball is bad... except when it's not.

Predictions are on for the results of game 15:
At G1C vs the Thunder, Wednesday 11/23, 7:30PM

To post a prediction or view the leaderboard,
follow THIS LINK to the prediction game thread.

Current Scoresheet:
The full scoresheet can be found here: View attachment 5916
& the short leaderboard version here: View attachment 5915

Grading:
A reminder of the grading system can be found in this summary attachment: View attachment 5791

Prediction Rules:
  • Predictions are for the FINAL SCORE (official game result)
  • Predictions must be made ON THIS PREDICTION THREAD.
  • Predictions must be made IN ADVANCE (before the game's tip-off).
Join the action!

Last edited:
The bad news is: I'm going to be in the Sacramento area visiting family for Thanksgiving.
The good news is: I'll be attending my first game at the Golden1 center.
The even better news is: The Kings have won 90% of their games when I'm in attendance.

6-9 here we come.
So how dedicated is Kings' research and security? Provided the first group confirms the numbers, can the second one kidnap Sluggah? I mean, 90% record is worth a lot!

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Kings recalled their rooks. I'm sure they'll all play meaningful minutes tonight.
Well, I mean, there's a chance that Russell Westbrook pulls a hammy in the first quarter and we're beating OKC by thirty at halftime and we see the rooks play the entire second half.

There's also a chance I win the lottery.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
As I mentioned back when they beat us, they AREN'T as young as people keep saying they are. What's powering them is a large contingent of hoary old vets. They've actually got no fewer than 7 guys who are 30+ years old on their 15 man roster. We've only got 5.
And how many minutes are those guys getting? And ours? Seriously, is there anyone on the planet that believes Lakers youngins aren't >>> than ours?

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
And how many minutes are those guys getting? And ours? Seriously, is there anyone on the planet that believes Lakers youngins aren't >>> than ours?
Is there anyone who made that argument?

However, the point stands: the Lakers are NOT an especially young team. They are the 13th youngest team in the league, on other words, right in the middle. OKC is considerably younger (2nd youngest team behind Minny). The Lakers are a team with 3 young guys who they have hopes for. And that's nice and all, but this isn't a group of kids running around beating people on its own.

Is there anyone who made that argument?

However, the point stands: the Lakers are NOT an especially young team. They are the 13th youngest team in the league, on other words, right in the middle. OKC is considerably younger (2nd youngest team behind Minny). The Lakers are a team with 3 young guys who they have hopes for. And that's nice and all, but this isn't a group of kids running around beating people on its own.
I think sometimes fans get so caught up with "young talent" that they forget to look at the level of talent. You need a player who can be a star or superstar. On the Lakers, Russell might fit that bill, but I'm not sure if anyone else does.

I like Clarkson, but he is a complimentary player. Randle has been better this season, but has been a disappointment so far. And it is too early to make judgments about Ingram.

If I see low motor playing minutes I'm assuming either Vlade is pushing for it to absolve his embarrassment for the pick or the franchise is worried about his trade value decreasing. As a fan, I don't care, I just don't want to see a detriment in the unit

Westbrook is averaging 32 points a game and .2 rebounds shy of a triple double. Oladipo is averaging 17 points. Keep WB around 20-24pts and Oladipo to 10-14 and I think we can win this. Last year WB averaged 20 a game versus us.

If I see low motor playing minutes I'm assuming either Vlade is pushing for it to absolve his embarrassment for the pick or the franchise is worried about his trade value decreasing. As a fan, I don't care, I just don't want to see a detriment in the unit

Come on, quit over-thinking. I'm looking forward to their return and the possibility of their playing a minute or two now and then.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Lawson/Afflolo backcourt starting

Don't understand it.
Lawson has played like a competent NBA player over the last week. Coach possibly wanting Collison's punch off the bench plus it's never really a good idea to start two under-six-footers at the same time.

Lawson has played like a competent NBA player over the last week. Coach possibly wanting Collison's punch off the bench plus it's never really a good idea to start two under-six-footers at the same time.
Only worry is Oladipo v Lawson. Collison has had some good games vs Westbrook.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I feel like calling Serge Ibaka one of the best defenders in the league at this point in his career is being a little generous.