[Game] Kings v. Spurs - Saturday, Feb. 9 - 7PT/10ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not quite fair. He hasn't been booed in a while. He's turned himself around and put forth about as much effort as I've ever seen from any player. Kings fans reward that. Always have.
Just making a play on his quote from before. Basically saying we love him and the boos didn’t mean anything.

We love you too big fella!

I sincerely hope more than anything that we have a "golden handshake" deal with him and we get to watch this young fella develop into a monster over the next 10 years. As a fan, it's exciting watching a guy play like he does and loves and respect Sacramento as much as he does. I love seeing these kind of performances, but us not picking that option up is always in the back of my mind when he balls out. It sucks, I want to enjoy watching him grow as a player and as a King.

The Kings have 6 wins in their last 8 games. There have been many guys getting it done over that stretch, but I think the guy that has been the biggest spark plug is Bazemore. I feel like his effort and energy has really been contagious and his contributions on defense have had a significant impact. His versatility also is a an asset.

SLAB

Hall of Famer

I sincerely hope more than anything that we have a "golden handshake" deal with him and we get to watch this young fella develop into a monster over the next 10 years. As a fan, it's exciting watching a guy play like he does and loves and respect Sacramento as much as he does. I love seeing these kind of performances, but us not picking that option up is always in the back of my mind when he balls out. It sucks, I want to enjoy watching him grow as a player and as a King.
100% this.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer

well the last player that had the love for Sacramento like Harry has is Boogie so let's hope he's here past this season

I look at this team finally getting enough time together that it’s making a big difference on the court.
With 3 starters from opening night either gone, injured or moved to the second team it’s not surprising for us to be in this situation.

We have the last part of the season to see if our new guys gel as well as Bazemore has.

Thanks team for yesterday and tonight’s game as we needed a couple of great games.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
LOL. Love, love, love how Buddy shut down the reporter in the post-game who started his question with "Now that you're coming off the bench..." Before he could say another word, Buddy interrupted him and said it didn't matter if he came off the bench or started. He's gonna go out there (paraphrasing now) and do what he needs to do.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I really want the Kings to split the next two games before the All Star break. I'm being realistic about the Bucks. But the Kings should take care of business in Dallas, and that's with or without Doncic in the lineup. I like the defense that the Kings can show with Bazemore and Barnes at the wings and I like the firepower that that Hield, Bjelica, and Bogs are providing. I think the four days they had off really helped them get some oomph in their legs. They just need Fox to show his spectacular self in Dallas along with the others and take care of business.

Walton has taken a lot of flack during the stretch where the team completely bottomed out, and rightfully so in some cases, but he needs to get credit for making the decision to start Bogie and bring Buddy off the bench as the 6th man. It’s easy to say but harder to do, with big contracts and egos being so fragile.

But he did it. Buddy has seeming bought in and it’s working well in small sample size. Also implementing Bazemore and working Barnes in the post a bit more has also contributed. Of course the 3 point shooting has been out of this world lately.

Huge upcoming challenge is figuring out how to work Richaun Holmes, Marvin Bagley and Jabari Parker into the mix. The last time the KINGS were playing this well, they quickly lost momentum with the return of Swipa and MB3. Chemistry is often so fragile that even good players can screw it up. Remember what happened when CWebb returned from injury during the Brad Miller era? And that was a top level team.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Walton has taken a lot of flack during the stretch where the team completely bottomed out, and rightfully so in some cases, but he needs to get credit for making the decision to start Bogie and bring Buddy off the bench as the 6th man. It’s easy to say but harder to do, with big contracts and egos being so fragile.

But he did it. Buddy has seeming bought in and it’s working well in small sample size. Also implementing Bazemore and working Barnes in the post a bit more has also contributed. Of course the 3 point shooting has been out of this world lately.

Huge upcoming challenge is figuring out how to work Richaun Holmes, Marvin Bagley and Jabari Parker into the mix. The last time the KINGS were playing this well, they quickly lost momentum with the return of Swipa and MB3. Chemistry is often so fragile that even good players can screw it up. Remember what happened when CWebb returned from injury during the Brad Miller era? And that was a top level team.
Frankly, I'm not an optimist on that point. I fully expect them to have some issues incorporating those guys in the lineup, like having sawdust thrown into the gears. It's not going to be easy, and why should we think it's going to easy? It's never easy with this team.

Great win. Way to go, Kings! Once again, lots of praise to spread around. Even Luke should get some tempered credit for the turn-around. But last time Luke had to integrate key players back into his roster, things went downhill fast. So when Holmes and Bags come back, I won't have much patience with Luke if we start heading downhill again.

Status
Not open for further replies.