[Game] Kings v. Spurs - 2/24/16 - 7 PT, 10 ET

all the Spurs had to do was play good for a 3-4 minute stretch and that was good enough to seal the game....seen this time and time again versus these Spurs match ups. It's like punching in and out day to day.
If it's any consolation they pretty much do the same to every other team in the league

Positives: Cousins second half, Acy, Collison, WCS, and Rondo's passing. Negatives: Belinelli! Mr. Karl, Gay, Rondo's D, Cousin's 1st half, McLemore, Casspi, Koufas. I would be very happy to have Bellineli sit the remainder of the year. I still don't understand how Karl kept his job. His rotations are pee poor. His management of game flow is awful. His rapport with the players is less than desirable. Finally our bench is either terrible or just used improperly every game (maybe it is just Belinelli.. :)) .

Marco and Ben lighting it up for 5 whole points tonight from our shooting guard position. Thanks guys. Enjoy the rest of the night, you've earned it.

I'm mean seriously. This **** happens ever night with these two idiots. I really think literally anyone on the planet can give us more at this point. These two just flat out suck at the game of basketball. Simple as that. They're below average at every facet of the game. Cut Belinelli and send McLemore's sorry ass to the end of the bench.

Kyle Anderson had the easy scoring game tonight. Nobody picked it. One picked Mills, who had a good game, but I think Kyle had the "ohcrap the Kings don't play NBA defense?????" game.

I think that the sentence is axiomatically wrong. NBA refs are the best in American pro sports. This is not the same thing as saying that they're particularly good. But, they're better than the other guys.

Basketball is the fastest sport played in the US. No other sports' referees could be half as accurate when trying to deal with the speed of this game.
Your absolutely right.

Just to back up your point, Mike Pereira, the FOX referee commentator was on KNBR last year and a caller wanted to know what he could do to be eventually become an NFL ref. Pereira told him to go become a basketball referee. He said he had the most respect for NBA refs because of how fast the game moves and how hard it is to call a game. "If you can ref a basketball game, you can ref anything."

In case you guys missed it there was a good commentary in the Post how the Nuggets are better off without Karl....how he rubs players and media and everyone the wrong way over time with his cantankerous personality..... read here

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
In case you guys missed it there was a good commentary in the Post how the Nuggets are better off without Karl....how he rubs players and media and everyone the wrong way over time with his cantankerous personality..... read here
Pretty much what all of us knew before the hire...he didn't get along with Nuggets players and was known to express himself through the media whether it be a player or the team in general.

Well I dig up a little bit of history on the last 3 teams Karl coached before landing in SAC.
Karl coached Sonic's Payton-Kemp-McMillan-Schrempf era, Buck's Casell-Ray-Allen-Big Dog-to-Micheal Redd, and Denver's Lawson-Anthony-Nene time.
Except for the Buck where he got Ray Allen and then Redd, Karl never made a scorer out of his SG.
What's consistent though is that he gets his PG play at star levels that's Payton, Sam, Lawson, and now the revived Rondo.
His forwards gets a good share as well, Schrempf, Robinson, Anthony, and now Rudy.
And if he get a good big they'll get nice stats as well Kemp, Nene, now DMC.

However, it's quite his habit that his SG has to challenge his time against Karl's other PG. With again the only exception with the Bucks because Ray Allen and Redd (Allen's backup) are damn legit shooters.
Payton plays with Nate, who is a big PG.
Lawson gets round with Miller, Affalo, and Iggy.

But what we have in SAC is Ben and Belinelli who can't hold a candle to DC.
But DC is not big as Nate McMillan even Dre could guard SG better then DC, IMO.

So in all honesty, Karl got the worst other guard option to field in all his career.

Maybe it's time we get some better SG option. I hope it's not too late.

“I don’t have to explain my rotations to you.” -George Karl to open the press conference after asked about Marco Belinelli’s play
Yikes. I defend Karl for a lot of stuff but I am sick of watching Marco stink it up on both ends and this is a cringeworthy quote.

K

KingMilz

Why don't we ever sit Koufos and play WCS and Acy together both are athletic and WCS plays closer to the rim on D and both can every now and than swish a jumper. That's both a better offensive and defense combo for today's NBA.

The signings of KK/Marco and Rondo have been rubbish honestly this team probably would have been better keeping Derrick Williams/Andre Miller/JT and starting Darren Collison at least these guys fit into the current terrible system and we would have saved money without giving up pick swaps. That's like 20mil in cap space down the toliet that we could have used to get something else.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

KingMilz

I'm tired of not seeing WCS not playing 25-30mpg. Straight bull poopoo he and DMC can be creating chemistry for years to come while WCS gets better but no acy has to start.
Acy starting is fine the part that's not fine is Kosta taking Acy and WCS minutes. I said way back developing WCS is the most important thing right now cause he's the only stable long term piece we got. He's the only guy with confidence I can say will be here 2-3 years from now.WCS should at the least be playing 25mins and that's on a day he plays as bad as Marco.