[Game] Kings v. Rockets - Wednesday, Feb. 6 - 7PT/10ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s all head over to the trade after party thread, I believe it’s titled Vlade Divac...:D

EDIT: the JJ and Z Bo for Barnes thread is awesome as well.

It’s a great time to be a kings fan! SACRAMENTO!!!

Last edited:

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
We got smoked because the youngins were affected by close teammates getting traded before and during the game. And because Houston happened to be on fire for 1 game out of every 3 or 5. Statistically, they don't shoot like this often.

You're spot on that they won't win anything. They got close last season when everything was falling right for them and still couldn't get it done. They certainly aren't winning this year.
Stats go out the window when the majority of your three pointers are open, they will not miss those often.

We got smoked because the youngins were affected by close teammates getting traded before and during the game. And because Houston happened to be on fire for 1 game out of every 3 or 5. Statistically, they don't shoot like this often.

You're spot on that they won't win anything. They got close last season when everything was falling right for them and still couldn't get it done. They certainly aren't winning this year.
I dont like the Rockets much, if at all, but everything certainly wasn't falling for them last year with Paul going down when up.

Kind of crappy all the moves went down pre/mid-game and clearly had an effect. They make the announcement and Houston rips off like 30 straight soon after. Still we are better for these trades and if we miss the playoffs by one game I imagine there are other games we should point to even if midway through the first quarter this game felt winnable.

Not going to fret about this one game. I don’t think it will carry over. If it does, I’ll worry then.
They lost a game to a superior team that always seems to have their number, with a player on a historic run, having their inspirational team vet traded 2 hours before tipoff and then another trade halfway through the 1st quarter. I’ll give them a pass for this one (of course I didn’t shell out money to see the game, so easy for me to say).

They lost a game to a superior team that always seems to have their number, with a player on a historic run, having their inspirational team vet traded 2 hours before tipoff and then another trade halfway through the 1st quarter. I’ll give them a pass for this one (of course I didn’t shell out money to see the game, so easy for me to say).
I dont think they're a superior team which is what makes it so annoying. The Kings take the Warriors down to the wire twice in two close losses, but take a blowout in the 2nd quarter against the Rockets without Capella. Doesn't add up. Anyway, repeat after me, "its just one game, its just one game , its just....."

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I dont think they're a superior team which is what makes it so annoying. The Kings take the Warriors down to the wire twice in two close losses, but take a blowout in the 2nd quarter against the Rockets without Capella. Doesn't add up. Anyway, repeat after me, "its just one game, its just one game , its just....."
Harden literally couldn't miss in the second quarter and the team pretty much just found out about JJ and Z-Bo getting traded during a timeout.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Harden literally couldn't miss in the second quarter and the team pretty much just found out about JJ and Z-Bo getting traded during a timeout.
Kings weren't winning this game whether a trade was made or not. This is simply a bad matchup for them anyway you look at it, too many players that can create shots and the Kings struggle to defend as it is and with the amount of three's they take with reckless abandon, this had butt whipping written all over it.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Kings weren't winning this game whether a trade was made or not. This is simply a bad matchup for them anyway you look at it, too many players that can create shots and the Kings struggle to defend as it is and with the amount of three's they take with reckless abandon, this had butt whipping written all over it.
Yep. I'm not necessarily worried about the team in the long run based off this loss. These are the sorts of games the Kings were losing even with Shump on the roster.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Yep. I'm not necessarily worried about the team in the long run based off this loss. These are the sorts of games the Kings were losing even with Shump on the roster.
I'm just glad they play the Clippers only one more time and I believe they have Houston two more times, so those are three automatic losses right there but they can still be in the hunt if they can get their act right with the new additions.

I'm just glad they play the Clippers only one more time and I believe they have Houston two more times, so those are three automatic losses right there but they can still be in the hunt if they can get their act right with the new additions.
Wow, if I've ever read a defeatist statement.....let's draw up forfeits for those pesky Rockets and Clippers. Warriors and Thunder, no problem - straight up, but Rockets and Clippers holy *h^t-chickens.

Giles is really affected by the trades. These guys loved each other. It's not easy, especially for a young player in the middle of making your first big playoff push. You are making memories with these guys and you want them to ride with you the whole way. It's hard. He's paying very big respects to the JJ and Shump. He got a little choked up actually. And you have to love that.

Fox doesn’t have to play well but he has to play with a presence

Trae ain’t going games without being heard from.

Whether or not he has the physique yet to play at his first stretch, he needs to bring some type of presence consistently

I realized I was being way too hard on the guys in the game-thread. This is the first major trade of their careers. Hope they can take some time to process it, but also welcome Barnes and Burks to the team. I think we're going to be playing some more good basketball soon

Status
Not open for further replies.