[Game] Kings v Pistons 1/10/19 7pm PT/10pm ET- Time to battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, you were off on the spread!

Who would have thought WCS would out rebound the league leader on the glass!

So where them lotto numbers at, boss?
When Willie puts in effort like he did tonight then you look at him and say "now that's a valuable piece". The issue is, more often than not the level of effort simply isn't there. At times it looks like he doesn't even enjoy playing basketball.

If he could just bring the same energy every night I would be a lot happier to have him on this team. But he doesn't. He's maddeningly frustrating to watch.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
When Willie puts in effort like he did tonight then you look at him and say "now that's a valuable piece". The issue is, more often than not the level of effort simply isn't there. At times it looks like he doesn't even enjoy playing basketball.

If he could just bring the same energy every night I would be a lot happier to have him on this team. But he doesn't. He's maddeningly frustrating to watch.
That's unfair. He's been stepping up quite a bit lately. Whether he's here with us next year or not, he's definitely beginning to settle into a role - and it's not anywhere near as bad as some around here want to paint him. Perfection is easy to demand when you're sitting on a couch typing on a keyboard.

Giles passing instincts are outstanding. The turnovers on his passes are high right now leaving but that's the only way he is going to learn. He is learning the hard way which passes he can make and not make. NBA defenders are taller, longer, quicker than anybody he's ever played against and they clog the passing lanes. Eventually he will learn the angles and types of passes he needs to make.

The important part is the vision and anticipation are there and you can't teach that.....just has to work on the delivery.

Giles passing instincts are outstanding. The turnovers on his passes are high right now leaving but that's the only way he is going to learn. He is learning the hard way which passes he can make and not make. NBA defenders are taller, longer, quicker than anybody he's ever played against and they clog the passing lanes. Eventually he will learn the angles and types of passes he needs to make.

The important part is the vision and anticipation are there and you can't teach that.....just has to work on the delivery.
Yep the angles type and timing will only get better as he becomes more experienced

I just watched the post game interview with Harry. I love the comments at the beginning about the hug and congratulations he got the coach joerger. You don’t hear the players talk all that much good or bad about coach, and sometimes Dave seems like a hardass. But I think Harry’s comments about that moment says a lot about the respect the team has for coach. If you’d listen to some on this board, you’d think Harry would be fuming with animosity to coach for not playing him more, sending him down to the g league, etc. But instead you could really tell Harry knows coach is there for the long term with him and his development and it meant a lot to get the congrats after a breakout game for him. He may not be their BFF, but the players trust and respect Coach Joerger....which is a pretty big deal.

Pistons were tired and depleted....and I don’t give a ..... Nice bounce back game to wash the stank of the suns game a little farther from my memory. Would be great if we can sweep this home stand before they hit the road.
Doesn't matter.

Games like this and the one against Phoenix are the real barometers for where this team is at. We're finally in a position as a team talent and skill wise where we're better than a decent chunk of the NBA. Currently a better record than 14 teams, and tied with 2 others at .500. These are the games that if you end up losing, it 100% comes back to haunt you at the end of the season if you're a game or 2 outside of the playoffs.

That's unfair. He's been stepping up quite a bit lately. Whether he's here with us next year or not, he's definitely beginning to settle into a role - and it's not anywhere near as bad as some around here want to paint him. Perfection is easy to demand when you're sitting on a couch typing on a keyboard.
I think I'll "that's unfair" your "unfair"

Fans here in Sacramento have always recognized and highly appreciated, even celebrated, players like Evan's, Brockman, and Yogi Stewart (ball boy turn pro).

The other side of that coin is we can sniff out the opposite of that hustle workman lunch pale yeomans attribute and look at the consistent lack of effort with equal disdain. WCS can do what he did today every game but he doesn't for whatever reason

He’s easily one of the most frustrating players in the league. He’s got a great all around skill set. And the athleticism is waaaaay way off the charts. He’s freakishly athletic in NBA standards. Yet he stands around grounded on defense watching guys lay in the ball 80% of the time. He’s kinda woke up a little more the last few games. But it just makes u more frustrated because u know he’s gonna dose does off again soon.

If he had bagleys motor he would be getting that $100+ mil pay day. It would be a no brainer instead your just questioning his brain.

I think I'll "that's unfair" your "unfair"

Fans here in Sacramento have always recognized and highly appreciated, even celebrated, players like Evan's, Brockman, and Yogi Stewart (ball boy turn pro).

The other side of that coin is we can sniff out the opposite of that hustle workman lunch pale yeomans attribute and look at the consistent lack of effort with equal disdain. WCS can do what he did today every game but he doesn't for whatever reason
I understand the sentiment but I dont think it’s fair to blame him personally, which is effort IMO. IMO, it’s lack of “motor”, which is innate, or out of his conscious control. I don’t think anyone, even his true blue fans, can really believe at this point he will just wake up one day and go hard every night. It’s kind of a leopard/spots thing now. His fans, where they are IMO would hope eventually the pluses outweigh the minuses.

Good to hear pretty much the full youth looked good tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.