[Game] Kings v. Bulls - Monday, Feb. 5 - 7 PT

I watched like 1 minute of action, and I feel like I need a million reasons as to why I need to watch this game. Whether it be right now, or sometime in the future. Ready. Set. Umm....never mind, don't waste your time...
Anyone wanna try to give me a million reasons now??????? LOL!!!!

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
I'm pretty sure future Spurs head coach Ime Udoka was on that Kings team too. And maybe Andres Nocioni? I remember both guys knocking down corner threes as part of the comeback. That was pre-DeMarcus. And also pre-relocation saga. It feels like a whole lifetime ago now. Mike Bibby was still on the team in 2008! I barely even remember what it felt like to be a fan of this team in 2009.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm glad we don't have a game until Friday. I need a break. :p

I couldn't watch the game after 9 pm because I have an old DVR and had TWO shows recording at the same time, which is the max for non-Hopper Dish service. It's probably a good thing. I am STILL not in favor of LINS but I found myself wanting the Kings to lose because I didn't want them to have another game where they play like crap, get way behind and then find a way to eke out a win. They've done that too many times and the kids need to learn that the vets aren't always going to be around to pull their crap out of the fire.

I hate this whole process. I can't wait until next season when it won't matter.

But I still love this team!

About 3 min to go in the 4th. Zbo gets a rebound and passes to someone. Then he readies himself to run down the court. What I mean by readies himself is, he took about three "interesting" steps with his feet but his body didn't actually start moving until about the 4th step. It was like watching the Flintstones when they start paddling with their feet but their feet need a few seconds to find any traction. Did anyone see this? Is there a name for that sort of "action"?

I couldn't watch the game after 9 pm because I have an old DVR and had TWO shows recording at the same time, which is the max for non-Hopper Dish service. It's probably a good thing. I am STILL not in favor of LINS but I found myself wanting the Kings to lose because I didn't want them to have another game where they play like poopoo, get way behind and then find a way to eke out a win. They've done that too many times and the kids need to learn that the vets aren't always going to be around to pull their poopoo out of the fire.

Too bad you coudnt see the end. I just rewatched it. I disagree that the vets saved the young guys. Yes the vets steadied the ship in the early second quarter, but the younger unit also played catch up. And in the end, Bogdan was completely taking over, being the MVP of this game for me :)

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I don't view Bogs as a youngin. If you're 25 years old, you're at least in the hybrid youngin-vet camp. The only reason we call Bogs a young guy is that he's in his first NBA season, so yes, he's young to the NBA but not young chronologically in pro basketball terms. Is he part of the core of young Kings players moving forward? Yes, I'll give you that.

I think Jackson continued to do good things like move without the basketball. I haven't seen many rookies move without the basketball like him. The rest of the game was pretty meh for me, given the Bulls' rookie was out of the lineup, as well as Dunn. This was a win that I couldn't really have much enthusiasm for because of the depleted Bulls' roster.

Hopefully, Fox's injury is nothing serious and he plays in the next game. Also, hopefully, Skal plays in the next game. I still want a lot more minutes going to the youngins.

This game was about level of effort. The first quarter would be hard to top if they were playing to lose on purpose.
The next three quarters were pretty good basketball.
Defense plus rebounding plus moving without the ball plus Sampson equals an unlikely victory.

I couldn't watch the game after 9 pm because I have an old DVR and had TWO shows recording at the same time, which is the max for non-Hopper Dish service. It's probably a good thing. I am STILL not in favor of LINS but I found myself wanting the Kings to lose because I didn't want them to have another game where they play like poopoo, get way behind and then find a way to eke out a win. They've done that too many times and the kids need to learn that the vets aren't always going to be around to pull their poopoo out of the fire.

It doesn’t matter now. We will get a good draft choice no matter what and wins now are more important and our team will always have vets and young guys. Wn now and do it anyway you can. We happen to have 5 very good vets so use ‘em and the young guys to best advantage. I know you agree, VF21, it’s so easy to be influenced by the other view. Go Kings!

I watched the end of the game. It was nice to see Bogs take over and everyone looking good. Didn't realize it was an ugly deficit as I was watching college hockey and just heard Grant on in the bar so asked them to throw the game on another tv. There were like 4 of us from Sacramento in the bar. Kinda cool

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Too bad you coudnt see the end. I just rewatched it. I disagree that the vets saved the young guys. Yes the vets steadied the ship in the early second quarter, but the younger unit also played catch up. And in the end, Bogdan was completely taking over, being the MVP of this game for me :)
That's my point - kinda. If the vets hadn't come in and turned things around, the kids most likely would have lost by 50. The only reason they didn't is because they got the chance to refocus themselves while the old guys did the heavy lifting.