Kings trading Evans for Vasquez/Lopez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Man this Twitter age in something else:)
You know, that's obviously a cliché, but in this case I think a very apt one. These insto rumors...and then contradictions, and then altered rumors, and familiar names going back and forth and just etc. leads to general nuttiness. Comparatively we could all have had a relatively civil discussion about this when the first time we heard about any of it was in the newspaper on the porch the day after the deal was already finished.

Imagine if we got to see a year of Evans/ Cousins under coach Malone, maybe draft someone instead of Thomas Robinson ... that would end all the bickering that is currently going on.
There will always be something! The Tyreke wars have nothing on the Webber wars...

Let's end the pissing match to get to news... as per Amick.

Per @ailene_voisin report on Kings/NO trade, no deal done but scenario would send Robin Lopez to Portland, Vasquez to Sac, Evans to Pelicans

What is Portland giving up and to whom?
WTF!!!

How can PDA trade Tyreke and not get BOTH Vasquez and Lopez??? The ONLY good thing about this trade is that we would potentially get a rim protector next to Cousins.

Unless PDA gets something else in this trade like Batum or Aldridge in this trade, this Trade really SUCKS!!!!

This trade would be worse than the trade that we traded down to get Jimmer and Salmons.

Where are the 1st round picks? There better be a couple coming our way with this trade!!!

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
This stinks of Agent BS and PDA needs to realize when he is holding Aces and the other guy is trying to fill a straight. So now rumor according to Voison/Amick is that Portland is in play and they will take the Lesser Lopez. So is this cap clearing to land a FA? I dam well hope so because a Reek for Vassques Lopez trade is dumb, very dumb and worse still UNNECESSARY!

When do you think we'll know the full details? Because if the trade, on our end, is essentially 'Reke for Vasquez then that's a total talent drop. Wonder if we're getting anything extra from Portland...

I haven't posted since the season ended, but hearing the news, it sucks we're going to lose Reke, but hopefully it works out for both sides. I feel Reke took a lot of blame and criticisms that wasn't his fault. He made mistakes but all young players do, even the detractors have to admit that he was growing into a better basketball player, shot was improving and he was making better decisions. Hopefully Vivek and company have a plan with the rest of the cap and make more moves cause this team is still going to be bad, hopefully bad enough to get a top pick in the loaded '14 draft, Wiggins or Parker could really help this team out at the 3.

I guess I'll have a new team to follow with the Kings in the Pelicans as well.

Cuz, this is now your team, you talked about wanting to not leave and make Sac-town into a contender, well here's your chance. I don't wanna hear any bitching or complaining cause you need to grow the hell up and bring it on both the offensive and defensive ends every night. You can easily be a 20/10/4 Center and be an adequate defender and shoot at a good rate.

I hope BMC is ready cause he's gonna have to step up and be that No. 2 guy to him, just bring 3 and D and I'll be happy with that.

If it's true that in the trade and all we get is Vasquez and not Lopez, then I'll be a lil bit more angry cause a Reke for Vasquez swap isn't that good in my opinion.

i have lost ALL FAITH AND RESPECT for this ownership/front office. paying ****ing MT, salmons and other garbage and cannot keep reke who is getting paid only 11m/yr on this deal? willing to overpay for iggy???? wow, who the **** are we gonna overpay to come over here to lead the team?

When do you think we'll know the full details? Because if the trade, on our end, is essentially 'Reke for Vasquez then that's a total talent drop. Wonder if we're getting anything extra from Portland...
Not necessarily. We open up a large hole in our salary cap, allowing us to potentially get more out of this trade.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
WTF!!!

How can PDA trade Tyreke and not get BOTH Vasquez and Lopez??? The ONLY good thing about this trade is that we would potentially get a rim protector next to Cousins.

Unless PDA gets something else in this trade like Batum or Aldridge in this trade, this Trade really SUCKS!!!!

This trade would be worse than the trade that we traded down to get Jimmer and Salmons.

Where are the 1st round picks? There better be a couple coming our way with this trade!!!
Here's something: Vasquez is only earning $2.15mil this season. So if we did swing the trade so all we took back for Reke was Vasquez, then we would retain a ton of capspace to sign...well I don't see anybody that's worthy of it. Nonetheless...if this is a cap obsessed front office, there could be a plan there. Just no obvious target. I assume Iggy would flip us the bird if we tried to contact him again.

Of course that also means you just traded Reke as part of a semi-salary dump which isn't exactly going to quell emotions.

i have lost ALL FAITH AND RESPECT for this ownership/front office. paying ****ing MT, salmons and other garbage and cannot keep reke who is getting paid only 11m/yr on this deal? willing to overpay for iggy???? wow, who the **** are we gonna overpay to come over here to lead the team?
Uh, our current FO had nothing to do with those deals.

So looks like we're not even getting Lopez, who at least would have been a solid defender/shot-blocker off the bench. Should be getting a pick of some sort from someone but I'd imagine PDA is thrilled with just Vasquez. :rolleyes:

We need the "Salary Cap Guru" of the forum to weigh in here, taking back only Vasquez for Tyreke with a $2.15 million salary, where does that put the Kings?

Well, James Ham may have just answered that question via Twitter:

James Ham ‏@James_Ham 1m
Cap is estimated at around $58.5M. Kings will have approximately $12.8M to spend and the option to amnesty Salmons' $7.6M.

We need the "Salary Cap Guru" of the forum to weigh in here, taking back only Vasquez for Tyreke with a $2.15 million salary, where does that put the Kings?
From what I've been hearing and reading, we might be over 10 or 11 million in space if it's just Vasquez, but I could be wrong. I just though about something, if we don't use our amnesty on Salmons or Cuz, what happens to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.