Kings trade Shumpert

Honestly, if JJ and Randolph are all the KINGS gave up ... I'm way OK with this. I just didn't to surrender WCS or Bogie or any other core member to get it done. Kudos to Vlade on this move.

Although HB has a player option for next season so this could be short lived.
It could happen, unlikely. His next contract won't be anywhere near the dough he can make with the option.

Barnes is shooting 39% from 3 this season with almost 6.5 attempts per game. Bring size to position, can play small ball PF, brings championship experience, is a solid defender and he is a right age profile that can fit with this team both now and long term.

He will also be asked to do less with us than he has done with Mavs which should see his overall efficiency improve. We are noticeably more talent team now than yesterday and we didn't lose any of the core guys!

The good trade of Barnes doesn't mean this was good. Explain how it absolved this trade? I don't get it.
In the end, I think we did Shump a solid. We weren't going to bring him back, given Houston's cap situation, he might earn a new contract there. And gets a chance to play on a team that theoretically has the pieces to contend this year, if healthy. Barnes made him surplus to our needs. I would not be surprised if we move a few of our other back benchers for a true reserve SF to round out the roster.

Burks may be a player with better offensive potential than Shumpert.
But I have a few thoughts about the Iman. He taught the Kings to play like men. He infused confidence in them and taught them not to back down to anyone. His defensive skills were not noticed all the time, but he neutralized a lot of high scoring players. Shumpert was streaky on offense and could clank the rim once in awhile, but I will really miss him. He is a skilled guy that makes everyone else around him play better. Thanks Iman.

Burks may be a player with better offensive potential than Shumpert.
But I have a few thoughts about the Iman. He taught the Kings to play like men. He infused confidence in them and taught them not to back down to anyone. His defensive skills were not noticed all the time, but he neutralized a lot of high scoring players. Shumpert was streaky on offense and could clank the rim once in awhile, but I will really miss him. He is a skilled guy that makes everyone else around him play better. Thanks Iman.
Yes, I do recall the New Years Portland loss when the only player giving his all on the court for the 2nd quarter was Shumpert when all others were lollygaggin. His shooting was inconsistent, but his effort was not.

I don't know why I didn't think about this earlier... but there is absolutely no reason why Shump can't come back here as a free agent if he wanted to. That instagram goodbye was pretty great. The love the fans showed was awesome too.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I don't know why I didn't think about this earlier... but there is absolutely no reason why Shump can't come back here as a free agent if he wanted to. That instagram goodbye was pretty great. The love the fans showed was awesome too.
Pretty sure it's prohibited by the CBA

Wow I am super excited about the trades, but can't yet help but feel this heavy sadness weigh over me. I for one will always be a fan of shump but it is a business and I truly believe we now have a better basketball team then we did yesterday.

Damn that’s a lot of “B”s
Funny you say this because, as a long suffering Miami Dolphins fan, I vividly remember their 1982-83 team that featured the 'Killer B's' on defense. I was thinking that'd be an apropos nickname for this group, who theoretically could see the floor together at some point: Bagley, Barnes, Bjelica, Bogdanovic, and Burks

Burks is as slippery as they come getting into the lane he will put so much pressure with Fox on defenses and hopefully get them into foul trouble and also setting up Bogie/Bjelica/Barnes/Buddy/Yogi for wide open looks.