Kings trade Shumpert

I am still confused. maybe I just don't know Burke that well? Ozzy seems excited about him though.
I think the logic behind Burks is his athletic slashing ability. You lose the defense Shump brought to the table, but Burks played a lot of years in Utah where defense was a necessity, so I don't expect that he'll be a liability on that end. So it's an upgrade offensively.

If the 2nd rounder from Utah is a top 3 pick, then it's not a terrible trade at all. Could be really good. I just am concerned over the loss of another veteran leader.

i don't understand this trade. Alex Burks is a PG, right? And we have Yogi Farrell and playing great. About Iman, the thing I don't like about his game is that he's hero ball player...jacking up shots like he's a captain or something when he should have played fundamental basketball and take good shot selections. But if he made them, great....however, not all the time and they're bad shot selections. His defense is great as usual and his leadership is great for the team...so i don't know how much this trade really help the team. Both players, Iman and Burke have expired contracts after this year. I can only think that this trade is just to get additional 2nd round pick.

Not sure where this Wiggins stuff is coming from as he hasn't been associated with the Kings whatsoever, nor has he really been brought up much in trade scenarios.

If this is the Kings angle though, we could do much worse. He's not old and he's got legit SF size, plus he is a scorer. A change of scenery could do him wonders. I know his contract isn't the greatest and he's never quite lived up to expectations, but he would be our best SF in a decade easily.
Yeah, before Butler arrived Wiggins averaged 23.6 ppg on 45.2 FG% and 35.5 3PT %. He could be a player we go to in iso situations.

Not sure where this Wiggins stuff is coming from as he hasn't been associated with the Kings whatsoever, nor has he really been brought up much in trade scenarios.

If this is the Kings angle though, we could do much worse. He's not old and he's got legit SF size, plus he is a scorer. A change of scenery could do him wonders. I know his contract isn't the greatest and he's never quite lived up to expectations, but he would be our best SF in a decade easily.
He was not a match with the rigid offensive system Utah runs under Quinn Snyder. Burks will do much better here, he's never played with a PG like De'Aaron before, not even close...

I think the logic behind Burks is his athletic slashing ability. You lose the defense Shump brought to the table, but Burks played a lot of years in Utah where defense was a necessity, so I don't expect that he'll be a liability on that end. So it's an upgrade offensively.

If the 2nd rounder from Utah is a top 3 pick, then it's not a terrible trade at all. Could be really good. I just am concerned over the loss of another veteran leader.
2nd rounder is from Cleveland bro and it's the 33rd or something pick which is better than the Kings 35th pick i think.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
An actual small forward with massive (theoretical) upside.

It’s a gamble worth taking if the price is right... I don’t think any of the marquee free agents are coming here yet, so take the shot.
Yeah, all upside, though. Five years in the league, he has never posted a positive VORP and never come close to posting a positive BPM. Shoots .330 from three and low-to-mid .700s from the line. Yeah, he's 23 and under control, but unless he eats some magic beans, I don't know how he even remotely measures up to his contract.

i don't understand this trade. Alex Burks is a PG, right? And we have Yogi Farrell and playing great. About Iman, the thing I don't like about his game is that he's hero ball player...jacking up shots like he's a captain or something when he should have played fundamental basketball and take good shot selections. But if he made them, great....however, not all the time and they're bad shot selections. His defense is great as usual and his leadership is great for the team...so i don't know how much this trade really help the team. Both players, Iman and Burke have expired contracts after this year. I can only think that this trade is just to get additional 2nd round pick.
Burks is capable of actually playing PG, SG and SF like Bogdan, and he's not a stiff with the ball in his hands like Bogdan as well.. In the last game we played vs him on the Cavs he led them in rebounding and assists IIRC.

Burks can shoot, period.
You won't like how ot looks (mechanics-wise) but dude is shootimg 38% from 3 for a reason. For perspective shump shoots 38% from the field.

Great trade imo.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Good lord you guys. Wiggins has been a negative player every single season of his career. He literally helps the TWolves lose more games just by being out there. Don't be fooled by his counting stats.
I didn't I say I like the prospect of acquiring him but given our accumulation of expiring contracts/ second round picks/shooting guards, this seems to be a direction we could very well go down.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
You gotta give up something to get something. With the acquisition of Burks, that seems the most likely possibility of our core members.
It could be the ultimate buy low sell high x2; or it could be that we just bleach our minds and think Chriss for Wiggins. LOL

I dunno, there are far worse things we could do.

Whoever is saying not to give up Bogi for Wiggins...you can't be serious?

I would drive Bogi to Minnesota myself.
Lmao.

Are people ever going to figure out that Wiggins is bad? I'm not so sure what's so exciting about paying a guy 28+ mil a year for the next 4 seasons to do the following:

-Not defend
-Not rebound
-Not create for others
-Not space the floor
-Eat up a bunch of USG taking inefficient bad shots.

Wish I could get his paycheck being bad at my job while people simultaneously thought I was actually good at it. That's the life.

I like Burks and objectively I like this trade. Ill like it even more if a true starting small forward is still to come but I like it right now as likely a move that allows Bogdan to enter the starting lineup at the 3

Burks brings scoring punch, penetrating, passing and play making ability to the bench to help fill the void of Bogdan moving to the starters. If it still pans out by tommorow that Bogdan is still a reserve with Burks, then our bench has become scary.

It’s a drag to see Iman go though. I’ll look back at his half season fondly. He’ll enter the all one year Kings Team(technically he was with the Kings a year) with the likes of Jimmy Jackson and Tony Delk.

I heard about this trade on Grant Napears show and sure enough, it was quite clear that Grant held Shumpert in utter disdain all along.

I suspected that Grant wasn’t a fan of Shump but the 15 minutes the show ran after the trade confirms it. Fans call singing his praises while not criticizing the deal and him stopping them to downplay Iman. “You used the word Great too many times while describing Iman Shumpert” to “I have no problems seeing Iman Shumpert leave the Kings” to not even really acknowledging that Shumpert was a huge leader for this group.

We’ll like Alec Burks though

There is no justification for trading Iman for a Burks/2nd, is there? It’s not position, durability or play this year. Team has enough 2nds

I see none

Just the downside of messing up a locker room

I don’t see a starting SF on the roster. JJ has been putting up duds for the last month. Does anyone really think he can start? Also I don’t think Burks can defend SFs

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I like Burks and objectively I like this trade. Ill like it even more if a true starting small forward is still to come but I like it right now as likely a move that allows Bogdan to enter the starting lineup at the 3

Burks brings scoring punch, penetrating, passing and play making ability to the bench. If it still pans out by tommorow that Bogdan is still a reserve with Burks, then our bench has become scary.

It’s a drag to see Iman go though. I’ll look back at his half season fondly. He’ll enter the all one year Kings Team(technically he was with the Kings a year) with the likes of Jimmy Jackson and Tony Delk.

I heard about this trade on Grant Napears show and sure enough, it was quite clear that Grant held Shumpert in utter disdain all along.

I suspected that Grant wasn’t a fan of Shump but the 15 minutes the show ran after the trade confines it. Fans call singing his praises while not criticizing the deal and him stopping them to downplay Iman. “You used the word Great too many times while describing Iman Shumpert” to “I have no problems seeing Iman Shumpert leave the Kings” to not even really acknowledging that Shumpert was a huge leader for this group.
Grant is such a tool. I want him out of Sacramento more than any single player in the history of the franchise.