[Game] Kings @ Timberwolves - Sunday, Feb. 11 - 4 PT

Now THAT'S the Buddy Buckets I want to see on a regular basis. He has such a sweet shot when he's not thinking too hard about it.
I think buddy will be just fine. High basketball IQ + effort on defense + elite shooting usually equals a quality NBA player. It’s up to Joerger to put him in positions to succeed and hide his deficiency (ball handling).

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I think buddy will be just fine. High basketball IQ + effort on defense + elite shooting usually equals a quality NBA player. It’s up to Joerger to put him in positions to succeed and hide his deficiency (ball handling).
Well, that's okay but Joerger can't make the shots for him. Buddy has to work on his consistency IMHO. You say he has "elite shooting" but IMHO it's been way too erratic thus far.

Well, that's okay but Joerger can't make the shots for him. Buddy has to work on his consistency IMHO. You say he has "elite shooting" but IMHO it's been way too erratic thus far.
I say elite because he is 7th in the nba in 3pt shooting % but you’re correct about him staying consistent and hopefully that’s improved through playing time and experience

I like games like this one as we need to lose a few. As of now we have the worst record but just like one or two wins from 6 or7th.
Fox and jackson need lots of minutes the rest of the year. It would be nice to luck out in the lottery and it’s unfortunate that the youngsters need to lose to have a chance at it. If we get the first pick of the draft at least I do not see any (never nervous) players at the top.

I lived above Foresthill when my job moved me to eastern Colorado and now in central Ohio. Saw bears once in awhile especially in the fall. But a lot of folks both in Colorado and Ohio ask me how I can manage the snow after living in California.
I told them I had told park the truck by the foresthill road because I could not see the tops of my cars once or twice a year because of the snow. One of the best parts of living in the mountains in the winter was getting to see the sun break out of the foggy overcast before I got to auburn going home everyday.

What? No WCS Praise tonite?
Man, he looked really, really, bad tonite. Forget about the numbers. This dude had so many mind numbing stupid plays most of the game. If he just plays decent, Kings probably would have won the game.
Team needs a Real Big man. In the worst way. If it wasn’t for Koufas, team would get destroyed every night in the front court.

Don't worry... When Shumpert gets the go ahead after the ASB. Another Shooting Guard. Where is this guy going to get minutes? I knoe he's known for his D, But if he's going to eat minutes from Hield and Bogdan?

Perfect outcome for the team here.

Play well, young players contributing and the team is playing an entertaining brand of basketball but still fall short of winning.

Youngsters showing up, veterans doing their own thing, close game but still a loss which helps with the draft. Very good bounce back game from Fox. When his jumper becomes more consistent (and there has been a noticable improvement this season alone) the kid will be a nightmare to guard. Not only will it open things up for him offensively in terms of scoring, but also the passing angles to team mates. I loved this kid at Kentucky and I love him even more with the Kings.

What's the old saying about perception is reality? I could swear you complain about Joerger all the time. :p
Nah, not too much. I think he's a good coach on the whole. And I understood the agenda for most the season. So you haven't heard me complain a ton. But after jettisoning Hill and turning the reigns over to the rookies, I expected him to ride FOX's hot hand.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
What? No WCS Praise tonite?
Man, he looked really, really, bad tonite. Forget about the numbers. This dude had so many mind numbing stupid plays most of the game. If he just plays decent, Kings probably would have won the game.
Team needs a Real Big man. In the worst way. If it wasn’t for Koufas, team would get destroyed every night in the front court.
There's a whole thread devoted to WCS.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Perfect outcome for the team here.

Play well, young players contributing and the team is playing an entertaining brand of basketball but still fall short of winning.

Youngsters showing up, veterans doing their own thing, close game but still a loss which helps with the draft. Very good bounce back game from Fox. When his jumper becomes more consistent (and there has been a noticable improvement this season alone) the kid will be a nightmare to guard. Not only will it open things up for him offensively in terms of scoring, but also the passing angles to team mates. I loved this kid at Kentucky and I love him even more with the Kings.
Yep. But wait and see. There will be a few who have to find something to beat their chests and moan about. Even if they wanted the Kings to lose, they'll bemoan the fact that someone did something wrong so that the Kings lost.

smh...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Fox is just not my cup of tea...
Yeah, I think we get that. You really don't need to repeat it with every post, honest. Especially tonight, when Fox pretty much did exactly what most of us have been wanting to see. Was his night perfect? Nope, but it was definitely a sign of his potential and talent. Care to explain what he did TONIGHT that disappointed you?