[Game] Kings @ Timberwolves - Sunday, Feb. 11 - 4 PT

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Weird thing of the day:

Neighbor's dog starts barking, fairly aggressively. I look outside and there, walking down the middle of the freaking road, is THE BEAR. Strolling along like he hasn't a care in the world. And, for the record? He's about the size of a freaking Volkswagen. I turn to grab my camera, turn back and ... POOF! He's gone.

Just another story from deep in the forest.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Wow. Nice move by Bogs, who has seemed just a tad hesitant IMHO, passing up some good looks in favor of dishing to his teammates or getting in closer. I want to see him be a bit more aggressive and get to the line. It would be a definite plus to his arsenal.

I haven't complained about Coach Joerger much, but he sure does know how to thwart his players momentum.

FOX was rolling that 1st quarter yet sits almost the entire 2nd quarter. He didn't come back until around 3:30 remaining. That's not good enough, coach. Considering how well as he was playing, his age and that he is the franchises FUTURE, you can't sit him that long!!!

This isn't 41 yo Vince Carter or 36 yo Zach Randolph we're talking about here. A 3-4 minute break (in terms of game clock) is plenty for a 20 year old.

Let the kid develop and FLY!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Weird thing update:

Just got a call from a neighbor down the road a bit. She was nearly hysterical. Said she saw a GIGANTIC BEAR walk past her house. Wanted to know what to do. I told her to stay inside until he was gone. I love flatlanders. :p (She's only lived up here about a month.)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I haven't complained about Coach Joerger much, but he sure does know how to thwart his players momentum.

FOX was rolling that 1st quarter yet sits almost the entire 2nd quarter. He didn't come back until around 3:30 remaining. That's not good enough, coach. Considering how well as he was playing, his age and that he is the franchises FUTURE, you can't sit him that long!!!

This isn't 41 yo Vince Carter or 36 yo Zach Randolph we're talking about here. A 3-4 minute break (in terms of game clock) is plenty for a 20 year old.

What's the old saying about perception is reality? I could swear you complain about Joerger all the time. :p

For whatever reason, Joerger isn't going to give Fox excessive minutes at this point. I can't argue with the results thus far, though, as it seems that DeFox is gaining confidence and skills at every turn. I'd rather he continue in this vein than give him too many minutes and have him burn out.

Regardless, though, it's sure more fun to watch when Fox is on the court as opposed to when he's sitting on the bench.

Joerger is known for this. He has very strict rotations and time distributions. While I don't typically have a problem with this since it keeps your players from getting burnt out and ensures you have fresh legs out there at all times, I've never understood why he intentionally ices his players. He'll pull Hield immediately after hitting two 3's or Fox once he has the offense clicking. I'm really hoping this is something that he eventually fazes out once we get a little bit more established because I'm not sure how you can have success when you pull your best players when they start playing well.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I never noticed before that Thibodeau is a mouth-breather. Now that I've noticed it, that's all I see whenever they put the camera on him.