[Game] Kings @ Timberwolves - Sunday, Feb. 11 - 4 PT

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The Kings hit the road again for three games before the All-Star Break. First stop is Minnesota, holy crap it's freaking cold Minnesota where the temperature outside at game time tomorrow is predicted to be in the low 20s. Random factoid? The game of basketball was created as something that could be played inside when it was too cold for any kind of activity outside.

[B]Grant Napear[/B]‏Verified account @[B]GrantNapearshow[/B] 7h7 hours ago

Help me out with this. Why would ya live here if ya didn't have to? Place is literally frozen! #minny

1518326651446.jpg
------------------------------------------
It's tough being an optimist around here. Some of you guys are downright brutal. Never fear, however. I am not giving up my hope or faith. I trust my belief that we're better off now than we were last year and we'll be better still when we get all our kids back and can start to see them work together. This, of course, includes Giles so I'm not drawing any kind of conclusions until I see for myself what he brings to the table. If it's half as good as what is being advertised, we're gonna be fine. ;)

[B]Matt George[/B]‏ @[B]MattGeorgeKHTK[/B] 23h23 hours ago

"I love Harry Giles. He can really pass the ball. Has a high IQ. He has a skill set that we don't have on this team. He is probably the best passing big on the team." - @GTemp14 on @HGizzle1
-----------------------------------------
Minnesota is riding a 12 game winning streak at home. They look to be at full strength, with NO players listed on the injury report. The injury report as of today (Saturday) for the Kings is:
02/09/18 Bruno Caboclo SF Coach's Decision Game Time Decision
02/09/18 Iman Shumpert SG Foot Expected to be out until at least Feb 11
02/08/18 Frank Mason III PG Heel Expected to be out until at least Feb 22
02/01/18 Skal Labissiere PF Shoulder Expected to be out until at least Feb 22
01/18/18 Harry Giles PF Knee Out for the season

[B]Gary Gerould[/B]‏ @[B]ggerould[/B] 4h4 hours ago

Best laugh of Kings season came a bit earlier on arrival in 10 degree Minnesota. Coach Joerger, who’s from the region, peeled off his shirt and jumped on our bus bare-chested roaring This Is The Life!! #lovehisspirit
--------------------------
I admit it. I'm am Olympics geek. I'll probably be switching back and forth between the game and whatever Olympics events are on at the same time.

All in all, it's still a good time to be a Kings fan. :)

Despite views to the contrary Grant Napear, Jerry Reynolds, and the Kings team should not stay home in Sacramento and give up dasketball. Go Kings!

Kingster

Hall of Famer
One common pattern you see in the Kings' offense is that on pick and rolls the opposing team drops off Zach's man into the paint to "wall off" Fox from penetrating into the paint. Fox then goes around the Zach's screen, who in turn finds himself at the three point line; Fox then stops his dribble and throws an overhead pass to Zach, who usually shoots it (In the last game you could see that Joerger had a talk with Zach about not shooting it as much even when he is open at the 3 point line). Opposing teams obviously see the pattern and don't mind Fox throwing the ball to Zach at the 3 point line as opposed to Fox penetrating to the basket. Also, teams are now very aware of this pattern and are ready for it, making it that much harder for Fox to get Zach the ball and easier to anticipate Zach is going to get the ball and shoot the three.

To me, there has to be more variety in the offense, one way or the other. One way would be for Fox to just blow by the Zach screen and instead of stopping when he saw Zach's man dropping off into the paint, he should blow by him; a little hesitation, mini-crossover, or something to freeze the big guy would be in order, then just go in for the layup or a drop-off pass. I think eventually Fox is going to do exactly that; he might as well start now, even though the outcome might not be great initially because it's not his comfort zone. The other way would be to not "go to the trough" repeatedly with this Zach/Fox pick and roll. The ball just hasn't been moving from side to side lately. Even Bogs is guilty of over-dribbling lately, keeping the ball on one side of the floor. The ball needs to be moved from side to side for everybody to have more space to operate and making the offense much less predictable.

I'm watching the game, but I may or may not participate in this thread. Some of you all are just too dang depressing.

Nice job by Fox and Jackson to start off.
Hang in there, some of these posters are just too much. They remind me of a married couple after one is caught cheating, but they decide to "work it out", but the aggrieved partner never lets it go and is just consumed with bitterness. Sometimes, you just need to cut bait if you can't let it go.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
There is no reason Zbo should be starting over Koufos or Skal when he returns. Preferably I want him out of the rotation but off the bench at least you can hide him somewhat.
You and I appear to be on the same page. Is it just these tired old eyes or does he look slower and ... um ... more rotund?