[Game] Kings @ Timberwolves - Monday, Feb. 25 - 5PT/8ET

Im not worried about Barnes shooting, Im actually encouraged that he's looking to fill his "Golden State" role with us and taking what the offense is giving him.
Wolves gave us every chance to win this game, but pretty much all the key cogs outside of Bagley and Brewer were crap tonight. It's actually hard to imagine we had a real shot at winning this game when Fox, Buddy and Bogdan shot 18-53 combined with 9 turnovers. And WCS just getting his teeth kicked in by Towns. And Barnes not being able to hit a shot.

VF has pointed out that things were like this in the late 90’s and early 00’s. It is very eerie, and a sign of great things to come.

I can guarantee you this loss lights a fire under everyone’s butts. I’m fully expecting a win against the Bucks, overly optimistic?

Maybe...but this team is too much fun and has progressed so much in such a short time. Barnes is a sleeping giant, he will awake!
It is normal reaction, when the team you root for lose a winable game in a tight PO fight. People are passionate and need to vent out frustration.

What I don't get is why go with a lineup change when you just played the best three teams in the West toe to toe with a lineup? And it's nothing against Bagley, dude has been amazing but you could just tell the lineup changes got the team completely out of sync.

I don't want Willie in the starting lineup, i think he's terrible. He doesn't do jack for the team when he's out there. Kings better off with Bagley Barnes Bogi Hield and FOX.

All in all he's not terrible. I do think teams haven't even begun to bury Willie and Bagley together yet. Teams will start sagging more and more. I do agree that if he were to bench Willie Bagley should get the chance to play center.

Im not worried about Barnes shooting, Im actually encouraged that he's looking to fill his "Golden State" role with us and taking what the offense is giving him.
Wolves gave us every chance to win this game, but pretty much all the key cogs outside of Bagley and Brewer were crap tonight. It's actually hard to imagine we had a real shot at winning this game when Fox, Buddy and Bogdan shot 18-53 combined with 9 turnovers. And WCS just getting his teeth kicked in by Towns. And Barnes not being able to hit a shot.
Give the wolves credit, they played good defense.

Dude, Buddy have squandered a couple times where Wolves turnover the ball. He failed to hold possession of the ball. I think that's why coach DJ benched him. Not just that, his defense is very lacking.
That’s pretty much what he cited when asked. He said Buddy was having a rough night and was having trouble holding on to the ball.

Buddy doesn’t look to happy about it. Ultimately it comes down to the Kings
Not “getting any of those superstar calls”

Lol that buddy interview was great. I still love that guy.

Basically wants to be on the floor but will cheer on his teammates when he's off. Kings aren't getting superstar calls from the refs.

I think it does. Now the Bucks are going to blow us out of the water, and Harrell will eat our lunch again...

We’re on our heels now.
If we win against the Clippers it will be okay. But it’s now a 5 team race for two spots. Hard to call out any one player. Really only Fox played okay and even he was marginal at best with a bad assist - turnover ratio and missed free throws.

Last edited:

SLAB

Hall of Famer
If we win against the Clippers it will be okay. But it’s now a 5 team race for two spots. Hard to call out anyone player. Really only Fox played okay and even he was marginal at best with a bad assist - turnover ratio and missed free throws.
A win against the Clips undoes my rant.

Don’t see it though. Bad times and bad feelings following this loss.

What sucks about this loss is that the Wolves were just terrible heading into the 2nd quarter. They look like a team about to get blown out. The Kings didn't help themselves by playing even worst. As I said, the Kings 2nd unit doesn't seem to be able to get anything going due to the change of lineup. This is #1 reason why they lost....it was the 2nd quarter. It was a bench that couldn't get anything going while the starters sit. This coach should not screw up the lineup and messed up the bench chemistry. I think he really wanted to start Bagley and tempted to start him for awhile due to how great he play. But he needs to realize that by doing that, you're screwing up the bench chemistry.

What did they said? Don't screw up something that is good? Why messed up something that you have been doing great? Don't fix when it ain't broke? This coach just knows how to screwed things up, ain't it? He screwed up Buddy Hield's head in game against Golden State when Buddy would have shot that wide open 3 had he not got into his head. He screwed up in Denver's game down the stretch when Denver had Jokic and Plumlee and meanwhile Kings had Giles and Barnes? Really? Not to mention so many screwed up in terms of lineup in some of the close home losses. I am just saying...if this coach play smart substitution...like a chess to chess match up, the Kings would have fair better and would have given them better chances of winning. But this coach is just stubborn imo. Also sometimes he tend to rest the starters way too long.

Last edited:
Barnes has shot poorly since January.

Tonight was not his fault as everyone had a big share of this crap pie. But he may well not find his shot.
Barnes doesn't play like a $25 million dollar per year man. This summer, they should offer him an extension with lower amount contract so that the Kings can increase the cap and go after a big free agent.

Also, if Giles doesn’t revert back to his early season form and commit 27 stupid fouls in approximately 7 minutes we win. We were better before he removed himself from the game.
Yep he needs to pull his head out of his butt and stay in the game. The team needs his rebounding and ability to move while he passes. But hard to blame any one player in this mess.

Barnes doesn't play like a $25 million dollar per year man. This summer, they should offer him an extension with lower amount contract so that the Kings can increase the cap and go after a big free agent.
Barnes plays good defense but needs to be in with other shooters he can pass to. I don’t know why Dave made the switch he did considering how Bogi and Barnes are shooting. Then he switched back and we had no rhythm.

I’m not sure if the players know who’s playing but let’s hope it all settles down.

Yep he needs to pull his head out of his butt and stay in the game. The team needs his rebounding and ability to move while he passes. But hard to blame any one player in this mess.
I can't wait for next year when Kings sign center Vucevic, a big man that can pass like Divac and can shoot from 3. He's going to make the Kings life much easier. Get rid of Willie, he has been a disappointment...doing nothing special to help the Kings at all. Even his attempt to try to drive, attacking aggressively always to result in either bad layup or off point. Don't fool yourself in thinking this guy is great, not even great....not even good. A good player at least do or contribute in multiple areas to help the Kings. Willie, what he does is rebounding and that's about it. Helloooo, you're 7 feet tall, if you can't rebound....what the hell can you do out there? As I said before, the ONLY reason he get to start is because of his length. Not because of anything special..not because he is going to make the other team pay for shooting midrange or 3point, not because he's going to block the hell out of people that try to drive, not because he is going to be a force inside, not because he's going to make some sick passes, not because he has exceptional defense help awareness, not because he's hustle guy that give you 2nd chance shots....no no no, he's none of that.

Last edited:

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
So we are like in a development mode or teaching lessons?

I mean at some point you live & die with talent or your best players right?

Buddy needs his hand held?
Who would you have had him in for?

Marvin and Brewer pretty much single handedly brought the Kings back into the game.
De'Aaron is your number one guy.
Barnes was completely shutting down Wiggins.
Bogi is Bogi.

I mean, I guess you could have had him in for Bogi but then there would be an equal amount of people complaining about why he wasn't in the game too.

What I don't get is why go with a lineup change when you just played the best three teams in the West toe to toe with a lineup? And it's nothing against Bagley, dude has been amazing but you could just tell the lineup changes got the team completely out of sync.
I've always thought that Bagley has been good off the bench in part due to his tunnel vision. Prior to being moved to the starting lineup Bogi's offense suffered a little as a result of Bagley's high utilisation, but it was giving us results.

Marvin and Brewer pretty much single handedly brought the Kings back into the game.
Bogi is Bogi.

I mean, I guess you could have had him in for Bogi but then there would be an equal amount of people complaining about why he wasn't in the game too.
Well it would have been Bogi.

But down 6ish most of the time, a few minutes left.

Best scorer on the bench?

Seems an intriguing strategy to me.

Apparently, the coach think Corey Brewer is the savior of the world lol.
Brewer was playing awesome defense and was a huge reason why the TWolves couldn't pull away near the end.

Coach should have taken out Bogdan and put in Hield. I know Hield was having a rough game but we've all seen this man come in and knock down shots in quick succession multiple times before and that's exactly what the Kings needed at the end there.

Bogi is Bogi.

Barnes is playing great defense but let’s be honest 0-4 from the field, 2-4 from the line and 4 assists in 36 minutes is not helping this team win.