[Game] Kings @ Thunder - Thursday, Feb. 27 - 5PT/8ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean why would you want something good for the kings and their fans right?
I guess it’s just a personal peev about the losing team being in the playoffs. I mock them every year. I’m not going to act like it’s some grand thing if the bar finally slides low enough for the Kings to squeak in to get slaughtered by the F’n Lakers.

I’m not saying it’s logical or OK? This is just my personal feeling. I’m not going to complain if the Kings make the playoffs mind you. I’ll be happy, watch the games and root for the team. Chances are they’ll probably be playing pretty well going in if it happens.

I guess I was just emphasizing that after this long i found myself idealizing the Kings eventual turnaround and return to the postseason. The ascent. A team getting in with a losing record with possibly less wins than the season before isn’t what’s going to blow the lid of Sacramento. This decade and a half run of futility deserves a better ending than getting in with a losing record. Its a detail that just matters to me. Like not getting that 40th win last season pissed a lot people off.

We made the playoffs with a losing record back in 1995/96 and it was one of the best memories as a Kings fan I’ve ever had. As the 8 seed facing the 1 seed Seattle SuperSonics. The Kings came home to Arco after splitting the first two games in Seattle. Kings gave Seattle with Gary Payton, Shawn Kemp and coach George Karl all they could handle in that game 3 before the Kings eventually lost and would go on to lose the series 3-1. (I still maintain that if Mitch doesn’t get hurt in that game 3 the Kings win that game and maybe that series) To this day, the buzz and noise at that game 3 playoff game is the loudest and most exciting event I’ve ever been to in person.

What I’m trying to say is, below .500 or not, a first round playoff series vs the GD Lakers would have this city and fan base buzzing and the G1C rocking. It would be a major stepping stone and building block for this young teams future regardless if they got swept 4-0. If the Kings managed to pull it off and that is still a BIG IF at this point in time. It will have meant we managed to play very good basketball the last 25 so games of the season.

So yes, a 40-42 or even 39-43 Kings playoff team is something I will damn well cheer for.
holy crap. You’re right. For some reason I always remembered the Kings having an even 41-41 record that season. I went to both of the home games and still have my Rattle Seattle gear. I was a kid though and i was completely happy with the Kings despite all the losing because we had Mitch Richmond. Championships and playoffs were for other teams, we had Mitch.

My main point is I want the Kings to belong in the playoffs. That’s really it.

Games like this are why I go back and forth with liking the nba.... They totally killed the Kings energy with bad call after bad call.......Horrible...
I have a feeling the NBA and the NBAs biggest media outlet (ESPN) very much would like to see the Pelicans and Zion get that 8th seed and 1st round Laker match up.

The Kings gave this one away. Some unforced and untimely TOs, along with extended periods of poor perimeter shooting and bad offensive execution were their undoing.
Yeah I change my mind. I initially said I wouldn’t be too mad if we lost but seeing that we actually should/could have won and kept this streak going...I’m pretty upset. Blazers lost today too so we could have gained on them too. :mad::(

Tough loss. I didn't catch the game but see the Thunder had twice the trips to the line. Hate that if the refs influenced the final result.
Anyway,. from he box score it appears Len matched up well vs Adams. Is that correct to assume. I'm thinking Parker is not in future plans, maybe its mutual, however Len is looking like a nice fit.

The Kings gave this one away. Some unforced and untimely TOs, along with extended periods of poor perimeter shooting and bad offensive execution were their undoing.
And again, serious strategic flaws. I even decided to suffer through the pain twice just to make sure I saw what I thought I saw. The Kings were forced into switching early in the second half, when does he finally do it? With Harry and Bjelica out there. WTF??? Walton's go to is subbing in and out like a chicken with it's head cut off is running the show.

Last edited:
Next time when Amick tells me the minority owners need a voice too...

:p

(PS: Extra banter about the Kings at 4:19. Nothing flattering as you already know from these primetime jokers...)

Gave it away indeed.

If anybody needed a textbook example why the KINGS are 10 games under .500, this game was it.

5 games they should have won but lost — including tonight — is the difference. Of course the refs and the NBA’s 2-min apology excuse report accounts for several more. But I digress.

It’s really inexcusable for any team to play 9 minutes of game time and only score 1 freaking FG. ONE. Especially considering how well the KINGS had been playing offensively for the 2.5 quarters leading up to it.

Can’t really expect to win any games scoring 4 points (1 FG, 2 FT’s) in 3/4 of a quarter.

There’s been far too many games like this one this season. And that’s why they’ve been a disappointment and will miss the postseason yet again. It’s especially frustrating because this team is capable of being better than that.

And IDC what OKC’s record is this season or that they were 10-3 coming in (KINGS were 9-4 coming in and it didn’t matter) — OKC isn’t all that good. This wasn’t MIL or TOR or LA making the 18-pt comeback. OKC is a first round and done team. Good, but by no means great. Which is why SAC pretty much dictated the game as long as they did.

This loss was on SAC for what they failed to do more than anything OKC did to them. And, again, it‘s losses like tonight that has SAC 10-games under.

Alex Len is in the same boat as Bazemore for me if you can keep both for under 8-10million (combined) they are quality signings, I also like that both are real feisty. If he's your 3rd center your doing pretty well reminds me of post prime Bogut minus the court vision.

Rough game for Buddy, Bogi, and Yogi. So many turnovers and mistakes in the second half. I did like what Len was doing and HB seemed to be the only one capable of scoring a basket.

The question I have is why is Walton so ready to pull Buddy after some Repeated blunders in a row while Bogdanovich gets a longer leash. I like Bogi but at times, he kills us.
I think they are both overvalued myself. It was a mistake to give Buddy 20+million and I'm hoping they dont repeat the mistake with Bogi. He is way too inconsistent.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
The question I have is why is Walton so ready to pull Buddy after some Repeated blunders in a row while Bogdanovich gets a longer leash. I like Bogi but at times, he kills us.
Well, in fairness to Bogs, he didn't make three turnovers in a row and he did not let the ball bounce off of his hands in the 4th. As an aside, I don't recall ever seeing a player who is so good at shooting, but whose hands are so terrible. It's odd.

I want to believe that Fox would have weathered that huge run the Thunder made at the end of the 3rd/start of the 4th. The Kings weren't getting calls, guys missed shots when they did make plays, and some crucial turnovers in that stretch. Ultimately that cost them the game. The Kings had a chance at the end, but I thought Buddy made a couple costly plays (whiffing on that outlet from Bjelly, not nailing that 3 after the steal which may have led to Barnes taking the 2 when Buddy was open for the 3 on a subsequent play). Tough loss, but a win against Memphis tonight will neutralize it.

Alex Len is in the same boat as Bazemore for me if you can keep both for under 8-10million (combined) they are quality signings, I also like that both are real feisty. If he's your 3rd center your doing pretty well reminds me of post prime Bogut minus the court vision.
I like them both, but I think there is only room for one non shooting big on a team these days. Len did jack 3s in ATL though, so maybe it could work.

Well, in fairness to Bogs, he didn't make three turnovers in a row and he did not let the ball bounce off of his hands in the 4th. As an aside, I don't recall ever seeing a player who is so good at shooting, but whose hands are so terrible. It's odd.
He literally turned the ball over on the first play or something once he came in for Buddy in the 4th. He also built a house with all those bricks, some of which were pretty forced. They may not show up as turnovers but the result is an equally wasted possession.

One criticism/area of improvement for Buddy: passing the ball towards his right. I swear he passes it two feet too far to the right every time we run that set up with him giving it to Bjeli outside the three point line. It's really weird because it tends to be a stationary pass that shouldn't be difficult by any imagination and definitely far simpler than some of the nice dishes he makes in traffic.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
He literally turned the ball over on the first play or something once he came in for Buddy in the 4th. He also built a house with all those bricks, some of which were pretty forced. They may not show up as turnovers but the result is an equally wasted possession.

One criticism/area of improvement for Buddy: passing the ball towards his right. I swear he passes it two feet too far to the right every time we run that set up with him giving it to Bjeli outside the three point line. It's really weird because it tends to be a stationary pass that shouldn't be difficult by any imagination and definitely far simpler than some of the nice dishes he makes in traffic.
I would very much like to see Buddy passing with two hands, not one. If he would practice more on the fundamentals of passing and dribbling, even at the expense of his shooting practice, he would become a more well rounded player and I would be more confident on his performance in pressure situations. Christie talks about being "on time and on target" with passing. Buddy really has to improve in that area.

ok that second half collapse was sad on many levels. So fox had to sit and not sure if he will play tonight. It sure would of been nice to have someone who can attack and at least get to the line when the offense shuts down not that we would of gotten the calls anyway.

But come on you commit a combined 48 fouls and turn overs? Thats one per minute and even given the hate the refs have for our Kings to me that’s a outrageous number.

Status
Not open for further replies.