[Game] Kings @ Thunder - Thursday, Feb. 27 - 5PT/8ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, good thing we’ll finish the game with our challenge in tact. It will go into the vault with that Trade Exception we got for IT. We didn’t waste it on any of the 2 or 3 awful calls that happened during the huge momentum shift that decided this game..namely that clear charge by Gallo

Kingster

Hall of Famer
The Kings didn't lose this game at the point guard position, that's for sure. I thought Joseph was outstanding in this game. They lost it at the 2-guard position, with Hield making three consecutive turnovers in the 3rd, another stupid turnover in the 4th, and Bogs playing a mediocre game all the way around. Walton kept going back and forth between the two to see if finally he could get some consistently decent 2-guard play, but it never happened.

On to Memphis.

The Kings didn't lose this game at the point guard position, that's for sure. I thought Joseph was outstanding in this game. They lost it at the 2-guard position, with Hield making three consecutive turnovers in the 3rd, another stupid turnover in the 4th, and Bogs playing a mediocre game all the way around. Walton kept going back and forth between the two to see if finally he could get some consistently decent 2-guard play, but it never happened.

On to Memphis.
Mediocre is one way to describe his play. I would have used crappy

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I’m super pissed lol. It’s like I stop caring and then start again and all of a sudden 35 years of frustration and rage comes out
The fact you’re pissed shows you’re probably in a better position in your fandom than I am right now, TBH. I’m still just watching because injuries forced my dude Giles into action. Haha

tbh, I really don’t want the Kings to make the playoffs with a losing record anyway. Its a joke they are only 3 games out.
We made the playoffs with a losing record back in 1995/96 and it was one of the best memories as a Kings fan I’ve ever had. As the 8 seed facing the 1 seed Seattle SuperSonics. The Kings came home to Arco after splitting the first two games in Seattle. Kings gave Seattle with Gary Payton, Shawn Kemp and coach George Karl all they could handle in that game 3 before the Kings eventually lost and would go on to lose the series 3-1. (I still maintain that if Mitch doesn’t get hurt in that game 3 the Kings win that game and maybe that series) To this day, the buzz and noise at that game 3 playoff game is the loudest and most exciting event I’ve ever been to in person.

What I’m trying to say is, below .500 or not, a first round playoff series vs the GD Lakers would have this city and fan base buzzing and the G1C rocking. It would be a major stepping stone and building block for this young teams future regardless if they got swept 4-0. If the Kings managed to pull it off and that is still a BIG IF at this point in time. It will have meant we managed to play very good basketball the last 25 so games of the season.

So yes, a 40-42 or even 39-43 Kings playoff team is something I will damn well cheer for.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.