Kings @ Suns Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
VF21 said:
Best bet?

ANY TEAM we play in the playoffs is going to give us trouble, especially in the paint. The Suns are making it painfully obvious tonight where our true weakness is...and every other playoff bound team is taking lots of notes.
I never said any team won't give us trouble, but yes, Seattle is our best bet. I stand by it. Sheesh.

I didn't see or hear this game at all because I wasn't home. Just got back home right now. Sad to see the Kings lose. :( I just hope and pray no player got hurt in this game!

GO KINGS!!!

eh thats not much of a suprise. you know the suns are going to have players putting up double digit scoring. i was just suprised at the lack of shots falling on our side :(

the starters were the big dissappointment...i mean the rescue crew did their job...I don't care what anyone says we have the ability to run put the points up and beat this team had we had everyone and actually played some defense (starters)...I don't know maybe I shouldn't of had such a high expectation i mean I mean in my heart i said we could win but in my brain i said "i don't think so" either way I didn't think it would be a blowout...i thought maybe we'd lose but not in the fashion in which we did tonight...sorry but in my mind thats what I believed...obviously I was wrong but I still think we can beat that team with everyone...some of our shots weren't falling...

ya know what I think I'm gonna go back and watch the game from last night against the Lakers...it was super boring last night but I'd bet after watching the Kings tonight I'll be jumping up and screaming like I never seen that game before...

BTW GO KINGS!!

Sux that Peja got hit with another turnip cuz quite frankly I've been waiting since January to see him matchup with Matt Harpring again...remember what happened last time? :)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
iheartBrad said:
the starters were the big dissappointment...i mean the rescue crew did their job...I don't care what anyone says we have the ability to run put the points up and beat this team had we had everyone and actually played some defense (starters)...I don't know maybe I shouldn't of had such a high expectation i mean I mean in my heart i said we could win but in my brain i said "i don't think so" either way I didn't think it would be a blowout...i thought maybe we'd lose but not in the fashion in which we did tonight...sorry but in my mind thats what I believed...obviously I was wrong but I still think we can beat that team with everyone...some of our shots weren't falling...
At the risk of sounding negative again, I'm going to make a very basic statement... With Bibby and 4 new guys we cannot compete against the true elite teams.

The fact so many people support the Kings and actually believe them capable of doing the impossible is a testimony to the team AND to us - the fans - but reality is going to come around and bite us all real quick. Bibby, Cat, Evans, Thomas and Skinner ARE not a top elite team in the West. Bibby, Cat, Peja, Thomas and Brad would make it interesting.

I love this team. I am not going to be that disappointed if they don't go too far in the playoffs because better teams knocked them out. Right now, we are NOT an elite team. We have the uniforms of an elite team and SOME of the players, but it's getting down to the brutal truth right now. The line-up that took the court for us tonight is not a championship caliber team. Period.

But that doesn't mean I still won't cheer my lungs out for them.

GO KINGS!!!!!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Rockmeister said:
I never said any team won't give us trouble, but yes, Seattle is our best bet. I stand by it. Sheesh.
Oh, sheesh yourself.

I manage to make my comments without snide little retorts. I would appreciate the same courtesy in return.

VF21 said:
Bibby, Cat, Evans, Thomas and Skinner ARE not a top elite team in the West. Bibby, Cat, Peja, Thomas and Brad would make it interesting.
And even with that, you are working under the assumption that Brad Miller will be Brad Miller and Peja won't be affected by the big boo-boo...

::sigh:: That's not an assumption I can make.

All I'm saying is I know and ive said this too we aren't a contender we aren't built to win anything I know...trust me I realize this...but what I was saying in that post is in a regular season game with a lineup of Bibby, Cat, Peja, K9 and Brad we CAN beat that Phoenix Suns team...and THAT I'm sticking by...thats what i meant by "if we had everyone"...im not talking about the POs at all in that post...just want to make that clear

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
iheartBrad said:
All I'm saying is I know and ive said this too we aren't a contender we aren't built to win anything I know...trust me I realize this...but what I was saying in that post is in a regular season game with a lineup of Bibby, Cat, Peja, K9 and Brad we CAN beat that Phoenix Suns team...and THAT I'm sticking by...thats what i meant by "if we had everyone"...im not talking about the POs at all in that post...just want to make that clear
Gotcha.

Sorry, but what I saw tonight was just ugly and it put me in a pretty foul mood. I don't know who to be mad at, although I would love to take a few swipes at the basketball gods. I guess I'm feeling sorry for all of us - we've had such highs and lows. If there was any justice in the universe, we (meaning the team) would certainly be due for some good luck. I think I'm going to go outside and kick a tree - or at least threaten it loudly.

;)

The line-up that took the court for us tonight is not a championship caliber team. Period. But that doesn't mean I still won't cheer my lungs out for them. GO KINGS!!!!!
My feelings exactly. Took me 1/2 hour or so to get some perspective on this game. I don't know how far this particular version of the Kings can go, even if this is it for next year (which I don't think it will be).

But tonight we played without our starting C, starting SF and out usual back-up PG. How well do you think the Suns would have done if we had those 3 guys healthy & playing and they were missing Amare, Q and Barbosa (to relieve Nash)? Small comfort when that isn't reality, but the Kings still have a lot of talent. (Altho Mobley, Bibby, Evans, Corliss, Skinner, Songaila ALL had terrible shooting tonight.)

lets be frank we looked like the Atlanta Hawks only with a better bench...

I saw the NOH stay in the entire game with the Suns the other day...thats why i still expected us to be in this game...and it not be lost in a blowout fashion

Blame this game on me. I really want the 6th seed and I was hoping that Houston would win today and we would lose. This way we only have to win one more game to lock up the 6th assuming Houston runs the table(which they should).

VF21 said:
I think I'm going to go outside and kick a tree - or at least threaten it loudly.
LOL! Don't kick things out of anger. I onced kicked a wall out of basketball induced anger and fractured two bones in my foot. Not good fun I tells ya

My favorite part of the game was at the beginning of the third quarter when the Suns basket was across from our bench and Amare power dunked the ball on their first possession and you can see the entire Kings bench jump like "ah damn" and you could see Erik and Kevin kinda look down and try not to get too excited even though you know they wanted to jump up and scream cuz it was nasty...it was obvious

/end slight sarcasm (it wasn't really my favorite part of the game--fact of the matter is I didn't have a favorite part of the game)

iheartBrad said:
/end slight sarcasm (it wasn't really my favorite part of the game--fact of the matter is I didn't have a favorite part of the game)
My favourite part was near the end when there was that sound and the backboard lit up and the Suns stopped dunking.

Status
Not open for further replies.