[Game] Kings @ Sixers, 12/13/2022 4pm Pacific 7pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a clear 5 on offense, but he's much better suited at the 4 on defense. I thought he was actually a pretty reasonable defender last year but my god he was so bad offensively.

So I dunno. Just a bit of an awkward player.
I've been watching the Kings defensive breakdowns this year and I legit can't remember an opposing coach attacking a singular defender on the Kings to this level in years. Like Since Brad Miller. Offensively if Brown runs him in screen and roll he'll produce more than not.

My big fear right now is that Brown takes too long to see that playing Lyles/Metu together is an all or nothing affair. For a defensive coach it's crazy he's giving them time unless this is a showcase thing. It's horrible.

chill guys we're only down 7 considering how poorly we played
It's about ease. When one team is playing easy and breaking you down the same ways, well, that tends to play well over time. Thank goodness Fox is back and the refs are clearly letting the Sixers rely on calls.

Considering the devastation wrought by the favorite to win the MVP Embiid this quarter, could be a lot worse.

The Queta experiment --- actually I wont comment.

My big fear right now is that Brown takes too long to see that playing Lyles/Metu together is an all or nothing affair. For a defensive coach it's crazy he's giving them time unless this is a showcase thing. It's horrible.
I'm really not sure why we keep going away from Okpala. He's very very flawed on offense, but we have the horses on offense to absorb him. I don't think he's played a bad defensive game yet either.

Trey Lyles really doesn't bring much. He's just a slower, significantly worse Harrison Barnes

I'm at the office and can't, in good conscience, watch. But I checked the box score and Queta has 3 fouls in as many minutes and the thread says we are on the wrong end of it. So my Q: has he been unlucky or a little out of his depth?

I'm really not sure why we keep going away from Okpala. He's very very flawed on offense, but we have the horses on offense to absorb him. I don't think he's played a bad defensive game yet either.

Trey Lyles really doesn't bring much. He's just a slower, significantly worse Harrison Barnes
Yeah, both Lyles and Metu are all based on offense yet he doesn't seem to be running much for them. Offensively they can be a plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.