[Game] Kings @ Sixers - 1/30/17 - 3PT/6ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Don't know what you are talking about. I was just agreeing 100% with Glenn.
And that's exactly my point. We're the Kings. Our players trip over moving boxes and break their hands. They try to dislodge a ball from the backstop and fracture an ankle. They break a leg while shooting a jumper over a chair during shoot-arounds. You and Glenn are going to challenge the fates?

That's what I'm talking about.

what's new? Vlade has work to do, lots of it.
We all know what the best answer for this team is. I really hope Vivek isn't the one trying to stop things. Kings do this every year. It happens every damn year. Right when we think "hey, maybe things aren't going so bad. Maybe the team has finally developed chemistry, and found a way to win?" These dumb pathetic losses smack us in the face.

How do you even defend this lost? The same people who use the "but we're missing Rudy Gay" excuse are the same people with the "We're better without Rudy Gay" demeanor. Constantly trying to find ways to validate the Kings.

It gets extremely tiring. What is Vlade doing? I really hope he sees what's best for this team.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
We all know what the best answer for this team is. I really hope Vivek isn't the one trying to stop things. Kings do this every year. It happens every damn year. Right when we think "hey, maybe things aren't going so bad. Maybe the team has finally developed chemistry, and found a way to win?" These dumb pathetic losses smack us in the face.

How do you even defend this lost? The same people who use the "but we're missing Rudy Gay" excuse are the same people with the "We're better without Rudy Gay" demeanor. Constantly trying to find ways to validate the Kings.

It gets extremely tiring. What is Vlade doing? I really hope he sees what's best for this team.
I don't think anyone used the "we're missing Rudy Gay" comment around here.

They are developing chemistry. They're learning to trust each other. It's a work in progress.

Pathetic losses happen to every single team in the league. I don't defend the loss but I'm not going to jump off a cliff or curse the heavens over it. On to Houston...

kingsboi

Hall of Famer

Honestly, I'm not that upset at the loss. What's best for this team moving forward is attaining that draft pick and if Vlade makes zero moves before the deadline, this team is bound to have a top 10 lottery selection so I'll take these close losses if it means acquiring another young asset.

Honestly, I'm not that upset at the loss. What's best for this team moving forward is attaining that draft pick and if Vlade makes zero moves before the deadline, this team is bound to have a top 10 lottery selection so I'll take these close losses if it means acquiring another young asset.
I want the Kings to rebuild, but we're not doing that. As of right now, Kings barely stand at 10th seed. The Kings need to just hurry up and progress on with rebuilding.
I don't think anyone used the "we're missing Rudy Gay" comment around here.

They are developing chemistry. They're learning to trust each other. It's a work in progress.

Pathetic losses happen to every single team in the league. I don't defend the loss but I'm not going to jump off a cliff or curse the heavens over it. On to Houston...
It's extremely frustrating when I, as a Kings fan can sit my ass at home in the preseason and basically diagram how the crapty season will turn out. Draft young and raw players. But sign a bunch of over-the-hill vets. Bring in players with problematic pasts. Wtf was Vlade trying to do? I still don't know what Vlade is trying to do. Just win enough games to be 9th seed in the west, while narrowly losing your 1st round draft pick to the Bulls?

Because that's exactly where we're headed. How would this be progress from last year?

This is such a crapty organization. When your All Star players puts up 46pts on 16shots, there is no damn way you should be losing.. but hey look, the Kings made that happen didn't they? Against a team without their top 2 best players... with a team who's best player on the floor tonight was McConnell or Saric. That's bullcrap.

Sorry, not meaning to direct this towards you...but this loss is really upsetting for me. It shows that the Kings clearly aren't good enough to be playoff contenders, but we continue to push that idea. We have guys like Barnes, Tolliver, and Afflalo taking up minutes which would be valuable for our young guys because this year, we're supposed to win. We haven't been winning with these guys. Kings are on pace to win 32 games.

I want the Kings to rebuild, but we're not doing that. As of right now, Kings barely stand at 10th seed. The Kings need to just hurry up and progress on with rebuilding.

It's extremely frustrating when I, as a Kings fan can sit my ass at home in the preseason and basically diagram how the poopooty season will turn out. Draft young and raw players. But sign a bunch of over-the-hill vets. Bring in players with problematic pasts. Wtf was Vlade trying to do? I still don't know what Vlade is trying to do. Just win enough games to be 9th seed in the west, while narrowly losing your 1st round draft pick to the Bulls?

Because that's exactly where we're headed. How would this be progress from last year?

This is such a poopooty organization. When your All Star players puts up 46pts on 16shots, there is no damn way you should be losing.. but hey look, the Kings made that happen didn't they? Against a team without their top 2 best players... with a team who's best player on the floor tonight was McConnell or Saric. That's bullpoopoo.

Sorry, not meaning to direct this towards you...but this loss is really upsetting for me. It shows that the Kings clearly aren't good enough to be playoff contenders, but we continue to push that idea. We have guys like Barnes, Tolliver, and Afflalo taking up minutes which would be valuable for our young guys because this year, we're supposed to win. We haven't been winning with these guys. Kings are on pace to win 32 games.
Are they better than the Cavs? No. Are they worse than the 6ers (without embid) ?probably not. Dude, many games turn on a bad play here or there. It's the same team they were yesterday and the same one they will be tomorrow. Sucks they lost this one but the sky is not falling. 7th road game in 11 days (if I've done the math right). Crap happens.

gunks

Hall of Famer
what's new? Vlade has work to do, lots of it.
It sucks, because he has to make something of nothing. Especially now that Rudy is broken.

We'll have cap space, but what good is that if nobody wants to sign here. Really hoping for a starter somewhere in there with WCS + Our rookies.

K

KingsFan80

How does the pick swap work? what if we have the 7th pick and the 76ers have the 14th, do we have to switch with them?

And I think he's wrong. This one is a reminder that you can't take your foot off the throat of the opponent, regardless of the score. The Kings will improve from this.
See, I'm a huge Cuz fan, as are you, and I can see that he is the #1 culprit of that mentality on this team.
He does a lot of great things out there, but the worst habit he isn't even close to breaking is relaxing once he gets a double-digit lead.
I've pointed it out multiple games this year (and they've lost 5 double-digit leads in the last ~3 weeks alone!)
Cuz completely changes the way he plays when they are rolling along, with any significant lead.

Tonight he went from being in the paint constantly (not letting their weak defense stop him from driving to the hole), to playing passively outside the 3-pt line, getting stripped, throwing passes that are picked off, and not being in the paint when the shot went up.

These differences in the way he plays have nothing to do with the refs, or the coaching, or the other team - he just stops playing with the same effort and detail-orientedness as soon as he gets a lead and thinks they are sailing along well.
He honestly acts like he thinks he has a limited shelf-life and every minute he bangs in the paint he is likely to get injured, so he only does it certain stretches of games.

He's not the only guy on the Kings that does this -- why the rest of the team (especially the guards) suddenly can't guard a coke machine, I don't know.... but he is definitely the alpha and omega of where this team-wide mentality comes from, and where it has to end.

So you keep pessimism just for Kings :)

I was expecting more in the line that 76's messed their 6 first round picks by selecting injury riddled youngsters (Embiid, Okafor, Noel, Simmons), guard that cannot shoot (McConnell) and inefficient chucker (Covington), and why would the next 5 picks be any better.

On the serious note, I like what Philly did, and they have a good potential.
But before praising their culture this year and criticising Kings culture as being inferior despite veterans, might be worth of note that Sixers have the same coach for the past 3 1/2 years and kept the same strategy they announced 3 1/2 years ago.
Kings have 1/2 season with the same GM and coach in place.
The whole concept of bringing in veterans only makes sense, when you assume, that those veterans already know how to win, how to keep themselves accountable and how to work hard enough to succeed. So basically it shouldn't take a veteran team much time to establish a certain culture. I'm not interested at all in "I told you so"-statements and the loss to the 76ers without Embiid stings, but how do you explain the third quarter, where we gifted the 76ers 42 points? How do you explain that Tj McConnell walked through our defense all night? How do you explain, that our Kings team seems to be unable to keep their energy level up for entire games and routinely lets opponents climb back into the game?

You know a true pessimist always percheives pessimism as realism....;)

Kingster

Hall of Famer
In the last handful of games or so the Kings have been shooting better, especially their guards (and Cousins is on an outside shooting hot streak). Will it last? I doubt it. Their shooting isn't as good as it has been recently and not as bad as it was prior to this stint. That said, I do think Joerger's coaching is showing itself on the floor. Better patience, better spacing, and they compete. It's about as well as this team can do with the talent it has. Essentially, the team is a bowl of gruel with a nice cherry in the middle of it.

The whole concept of bringing in veterans only makes sense, when you assume, that those veterans already know how to win, how to keep themselves accountable and how to work hard enough to succeed. So basically it shouldn't take a veteran team much time to establish a certain culture. I'm not interested at all in "I told you so"-statements and the loss to the 76ers without Embiid stings, but how do you explain the third quarter, where we gifted the 76ers 42 points? How do you explain that Tj McConnell walked through our defense all night? How do you explain, that our Kings team seems to be unable to keep their energy level up for entire games and routinely lets opponents climb back into the game?

You know a true pessimist always percheives pessimism as realism....;)
It is life? ;-)

Kings have veterans but are not veteran team. I agree that veterans can fit in the existing system quickly, but there was no existing system with the Kings for them to fit to.
What they can do, and are doing help establish the system with younger guys, and when they go (or stay) their successors have system to fit in. New coach also needs the time to figure out what is the system he wants to establish. He might have vision, but devil (and needed time) are in the details. Joerger did say that to anyone who wanted to listen that this year is system first, playoff second.
I would take odds on the young team that plays 3 years together over veterans that just gathered (and not start quality) any time of the day, when looking at the system alone.

About one quarter collapse, why did 76's collapsed in the first? Lazy to check, but I bet I can find collapse of Cavs/Warriors/Clips per quarter like that. It is a beauty and part of the sport that those things happen. Check the last 10 seconds. How did that happen to 76's?
It does not show that 76's are great, and nobody is arguing that Kings are great either. What is your explanation?

Regarding not keeping energy, that is a funny thing. That last question only a month ago would be laughable because Kings were doing the opposite, digging themselves in the hole and catching up. There is no rule attached to that question.

Point is, Kings are not getting blown away almost any game this year (though perfect blowout game is coming), nor are quitting in any game this year. There are no internal struggles, changes in the lineup are not erratic (might have been better if faster , like Ben's removal), in short team is playing better.

Why are you expecting Kings to play better than Philly this year?

Btw, true pessimist is always afraid they are too optimistic.

It is life? ;-)

Kings have veterans but are not veteran team. I agree that veterans can fit in the existing system quickly, but there was no existing system with the Kings for them to fit to.
What they can do, and are doing help establish the system with younger guys, and when they go (or stay) their successors have system to fit in. New coach also needs the time to figure out what is the system he wants to establish. He might have vision, but devil (and needed time) are in the details. Joerger did say that to anyone who wanted to listen that this year is system first, playoff second.
I would take odds on the young team that plays 3 years together over veterans that just gathered (and not start quality) any time of the day, when looking at the system alone.

About one quarter collapse, why did 76's collapsed in the first? Lazy to check, but I bet I can find collapse of Cavs/Warriors/Clips per quarter like that. It is a beauty and part of the sport that those things happen. Check the last 10 seconds. How did that happen to 76's?
It does not show that 76's are great, and nobody is arguing that Kings are great either. What is your explanation?

Regarding not keeping energy, that is a funny thing. That last question only a month ago would be laughable because Kings were doing the opposite, digging themselves in the hole and catching up. There is no rule attached to that question.

Point is, Kings are not getting blown away almost any game this year (though perfect blowout game is coming), nor are quitting in any game this year. There are no internal struggles, changes in the lineup are not erratic (might have been better if faster , like Ben's removal), in short team is playing better.

Why are you expecting Kings to play better than Philly this year?

Btw, true pessimist is always afraid they are too optimistic.
You know what - I honestly agree on most of it.
Feeling really giddy and strangely optimistic now............better check my blood pressure. After all feeling giddy could mean I got a heart disease or something..........:p

Status
Not open for further replies.