[Game] Kings @ Raptors, 12/13/2021 4pm Pacific 7pm Eastern

Select ALL the players you are against trading away from the Kings

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
One thing the Hornets game and this one definitely tells you is that we are back to not seeing the guard team we were sold, and even at it's top, I don't care what marginal moves they make, until they can match up with these kind of teams on the wing this roster isn't going to compete to their potential. And no, Davion isn't playing PF, lol.
it feels like Barnes coming back was somehow our trigger to start playing big again for some reason and it's all been downhill from there.

What shooters are you talking about? Seth Curry is making about $8 mill a year. Buddy Hield is making around 23.5 mill a year! I'll take Seth any freaking day over low IQ Hield.
Seth is a PG/SG. Joe Harris, and the one mentioned above are good examples. Buddy is at the top of the elite list of 3 point makers when he's not not giving a crap.

Kings just being waxed now mostly by players who may have less talent but have much more savvy.

So tiresome to keep losing to non-elite teams missing key guys.

What shooters are you talking about? Seth Curry is making about $8 mill a year. Buddy Hield is making around 23.5 mill a year! I'll take Seth any freaking day over low IQ Hield.
Duncan Robinson getting $18m for 4 I believe, Buddy Hield currently making $23.5 and rank #45 highest paid NBA player.

Although if you single out one-dimensional players, he's among top 5.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Seth is a PG/SG. Joe Harris, and the one mentioned above are good examples. Buddy is at the top of the elite list of 3 point makers when he's not not giving a crap.
Joe Harris is >> Hield, and it doesn't matter whether Seth is a 1/2, a 2/1 or whatever. He's a much better guard than Hield. He can guard 2s better than Hield, so who care's what his category is?

Turning it off. Will come back towards the end of fourth. I have a pile of economic and financial research that I need to go through. Though boring, will certainly be more entertaining than this game.

TD not coming into the game until now……we must be looking at showcasing guys.
The problem is Monte apparently doesn't even know how to do that. If he's going to showcase, you have to commit to it minutes wise. Spritzing in guys that have been around the block is only going to make them look worse. Start holding guys out and just roll the minutes forward. Personally, trying to build value in Hield and Bagley is stupid. Both are what they are and getting some sort of value out of them in the short term while still trying to compete is plain stupid. We've seen this same story before, you just make it less likely you recover into the playoff picture and your other players go down in the process. Monte, you ain't gonna pull anything out of your hat that Kings fans haven't watched go up in flames more than once or twice in the last 16 years.

This team SO needs the guy that Haliburton hopefully will become - someone who can direct guys on the floor, settle them down, get them to play cohesively... respected-but-still-capable-coach-on-the-Chris-Paul type.

A lot of guys on this Kings team could leave and do very well elsewhere: Buddy, Fox, HB, Holmes, Bags, etc. But not here.

I'll say it again: this team is SOOOOO much less than the sum of its parts, it's astounding.

This team SO needs the guy that Haliburton hopefully will become - someone who can direct guys on the floor, settle them down, get them to play cohesively... respected-but-still-capable-coach-on-the-Chris-Paul type.

A lot of guys on this Kings team could leave and do very well elsewhere: Buddy, Fox, HB, Holmes, Bags, etc. But not here.

I'll say it again: this team is SOOOOO much less than the sum of its parts, it's astounding.
Chris Paul can get his own shot consistently which is a huge part of his direction ability. That is going to be a problem if they truly expect Haliburton to be a top option moving on. With players like him that's a gamble you end up breaking the parts of his game that add value to a team. He's a glue guy. Depending on defenses he'll have explosive games but I'd be shocked if he becomes a player you can rely on as a top option for the majority of his career. He shouldn't have to be that anyway. Put him in the right slot and watch him help a team win.

OMG! Please give me five Duncan Robinson's for Buddy Hield!
To your point, Buddy Hield is actually getting paid the most for having his statline.

(Here are the top 44 names ahead of Buddy, you be the judge: Steph, John Wall, Harden, Russ, KD, Lebron, Giannis, Lillard, PG13, Kawhi, Klay, Jimmy Butler, Tobias Harris, Khris Middleton, AD, Gobert, Irving, Brad Beal, Simmons, Siakam, Jrue Holiday, KAT, KP, D-Book, Jokic, Wiggins, Embiid, K. Love, McCollum, CP3, D-Lo, Haywood, BI, Jamal Murray, Fox, Tatum, Bam, Donovan Mitchell, Al Horford, Lowry, Jaylen Brown, DeRozan, Draymond, and Vuc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.