Kings Playoff Standings Watch!!!

Well, I used to hate the Bryant Lakers, but don't really now anymore....they lost all their hateable players for me. Now they're just another team, like the Cowboys in the NFL. Really in the NBA I'm only disliking the Bucks some after last game. Giannis bothers me a bit, but not as much as Shaq did either long ago. Individual players now, don't like Harden or Booker.
My friend we need to send you to a re-education camp to properly indoctrinate you into the State of the Universe.

There is currently a Great Imbalance due to The Thieving of our rightful chamionship, and while the moral arc of the NBA universe is long, it does bend towards The Great Reckoning and a Kings Championship. Until then, we soldier on, dutifully revelling in every Laker Loss.

We'll send an officer to your house within 48 hours. Pack only your essential personal items. You will be returned to your family in 30 days. May the Beam be With You.

Ryan

I like turtles
Same here. The Lakers are a really bad matchup for us. They have a lot of length on the team from AD, Vanderbilt, Rui, Bamba, and Gabriel. It kinda seems like the team struggles against opponents who can bother shots in the paint and close out on shooters.
Yes, not a great matchup - though I'm not afraid of anyone in the west - but the main reason I don't want to see them is I can't handle another elimination by LA. I would lose it.

Kings are 4 games behind Nuggets for the 1st in the West (since last game of the season is on the road in Denver, that makes actually 3 games behind). Suns, currently #4 in WC are 4.5 game behind of us. We will keep wining, so Suns chances of catching up us are very slim.
While we have a solid chance to catcp Nuggets. We need only one thing: play the way we can and keep winning.
Go Kings!!!

Kings are 4 games behind Nuggets for the 1st in the West (since last game of the season is on the road in Denver, that makes actually 3 games behind). Suns, currently #4 in WC are 4.5 game behind of us. We will keep wining, so Suns chances of catching up us are very slim.
While we have a solid chance to catcp Nuggets. We need only one thing: play the way we can and keep winning.
Go Kings!!!

We play them in the last game which creates a 2 game swing. If we're one back at that time and win that game, we win the division (we'll have won the tiebreaker too). Three games back. If we're tied at that time, and we win, same result. If we're tied at that time and lose, we're second, same result as if we were one game back at that time.

We win tonight and we're half a game off of TWO GAMES BACK.

Folks I hate to break it to you but we are legitimately in the race to win the Western Conference. Nuts. Central Valley Almond Growers Association level nuts. That's a lot of nuts. Take the tour sometime.

Last edited:
Well, I used to hate the Bryant Lakers, but don't really now anymore....they lost all their hateable players for me. Now they're just another team, like the Cowboys in the NFL. Really in the NBA I'm only disliking the Bucks some after last game. Giannis bothers me a bit, but not as much as Shaq did either long ago. Individual players now, don't like Harden or Booker.
My Laker hatred led me to become a Kings fan back in 2002. It doesn't matter who's on the side; they need to reside in the cellar for as long as it takes.

My friend we need to send you to a re-education camp to properly indoctrinate you into the State of the Universe.

There is currently a Great Imbalance due to The Thieving of our rightful chamionship, and while the moral arc of the NBA universe is long, it does bend towards The Great Reckoning and a Kings Championship. Until then, we soldier on, dutifully revelling in every Laker Loss.

We'll send an officer to your house within 48 hours. Pack only your essential personal items. You will be returned to your family in 30 days. May the Beam be With You.
No, no stolen championship - just missed FTs. Gotta make 75% of your FTs as a team at least. Yes, I'm more of an individual player disliker rather than teams, although I hated the Shaq/Bryant team too, probably the most out of any team in my sports following. Long gone. And before that the late 90s Jazz though not nearly as much..

Have gotten tired of the Warriors but don't hate em really. Like to see the Kings finally dispatch them for the 1st time in the playoffs.....While The Clippers games have been fun.....the Kings have a bigger chip on their shoulder against the Warriors.....Against the upper echelon teams, players like Monk, Murray, Mitchell, Metu performance really impacts the outcome.

No, no stolen championship - just missed FTs. Gotta make 75% of your FTs as a team at least. Yes, I'm more of an individual player disliker rather than teams, although I hated the Shaq/Bryant team too, probably the most out of any team in my sports following. Long gone. And before that the late 90s Jazz though not nearly as much..

Have gotten tired of the Warriors but don't hate em really. Like to see the Kings finally dispatch them for the 1st time in the playoffs.....While The Clippers games have been fun.....the Kings have a bigger chip on their shoulder against the Warriors.....Against the upper echelon teams, players like Monk, Murray, Mitchell, Metu performance really impacts the outcome.
The timeline has been accelerated. This is now a Grade One emergency. An officer will be at your residence within 12 hours.

The timeline has been accelerated. This is now a Grade One emergency. An officer will be at your residence within 12 hours.
An emergency for the Lakers at least, they're gonna be lucky to make the Play-ins ---- they get a tough Bulls team twice....who the Kings escaped from.....Bulls are playing well and could sweep the games. Jazz and Pelicans will be nipping at them the whole way. I give the Lakers even odds to finish out of the play-ins.

Nuggets are in a slump, and have a moderately difficult schedule. But It's gonna be hard to make up 4 full games in 13.....the Kings will Chicken McNuggets to falter and extend their slump further quite a bit. There could be a small possibility that the last game is for the #1 seed. That would be killer - like a mini-playoffs game before the playoffs. For the Kings to do that realistically they'd have to win at least double digits going into the last game ---- meaning 10-2 or better.

Just for playoff matchup purposes, if the Kings get the 2nd seed, we'll play one of the 7th or 8th teams. The 9th and 10th seeds won't matter at all.

If the play-in teams can knock down or keep the Lakers at 9 or 10, we won't have to worry about a potential matchup at all.

Everything is still too close to call, but I have a feeling once we're about 4-5 game away and can see the matchups clearly... coach Brown might be able to have his choosing of matchups... maybe we'd rather have the 3rd seed instead of the 2nd seed. Or maybe we'll have to fight our butts off for the 2nd seed.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Ha ha! My story is kind of similar, just the other way around. My Kings love led to my Lakers hatred.
I would say this is accurate. Before the Kings moved to Sac I was neutral on the Lakers. I guess I actually did “like” the Dubs. I was ten. I did root for the rockets in year one after our exit.

With Denver continuing to nose dive today the Kings have the opportunity to narrow that lead to two and a half games.
Absolutely absurd to think the Kings have a real shot at the 1 seed.

Worth noting too that the last game of the year decides the tie breaker. So we only need to be 1 behind and the win that game to pass them

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Warriors aren’t catching us. I’m not interested, or know, who we better match up with, I want as much home-court advantage possible.
Warriors have sucked on the road, but believe Klay is playing and they have everything to play for.
Wanting a matchup is just asking for trouble. I effing hate the Raiders but Just Win, Baby.