Kings @ Pistons Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow just looked at the box score Cuttino only had 8 points!

only 2 players in double figure peja and mike, no one had over 4 rebounds except kenny who had 11.

oh well I guess it is better to have everyone bad in one game.

Diehard Jim said:
because I could not stop cussing at the refs.
No offense meant towards you Diehard, but I think its time to stop using the refs as an excuse for us sucking. Its time to start pointing the finger at our team.

I would say 98% of the time the Kings get the calls at Arco. It sucks but its the MOB controlled NBA (j/k about the last but I have a conspiracy theory about pro sports that should be placed in another forum)

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Some thoughts...

-Boy, Kenny was sure unusually unaggresive on the offensive end tonight...Only putting up seven shots, making 4. 9 points.

-Horrible coach job by Adleman, outrebounded, outscored in the paint, and we are playing 6-7 Corliss at the C...Where's Ostertag?!!?

-Peja's soft side shows again...Muscle him up, and he's probably out of it during the game.

-Mo Evans continues to play himself to the bench. 1-5 with 3 boards...

-Cuttino was horrible...He could never gotten into the flow.

-And lastly, another knock on Adleman...The quick trigger with Eddie House. He has been playing great, but he bricks oe bad shot, and he's done for the game...I would have liked to see House a bit more, especially on a night where we can't score, and desperatly need it.

iheartBrad said:
well i hope Cleveland will be ready for us Friday cuz i really don't see us losing BOTH games on the road...well hopefully anyway
considering cleveland has a better home record than us ( :eek: ), and we have a very bad road record, i wouldn't be surprised if we lose on friday.

go kings! you can do it!!!!

Last edited:
Ok, they did not ALL play poorly. Bibby had a good game. 26 points, 8 assists, and 4 boards. At least he seems to be out of his "funk." We lost this one but will get the next one. All things considered, it could have been much worse. We were playing one of the best defensive teams in the league. We played without a true center. I know it is grasping, but I like to try to look on the bright side whenever possible.

BigWaxer said:
No offense meant towards you Diehard, but I think its time to stop using the refs as an excuse for us sucking. Its time to start pointing the finger at our team.

I would say 98% of the time the Kings get the calls at Arco. It sucks but its the MOB controlled NBA (j/k about the last but I have a conspiracy theory about pro sports that should be placed in another forum)
I am not using the refs as an excuse, I just like to complain about the refs!:p

It is bizarre that a player like ben wallace ends a game playing 38 mins but does not commit a foul!:confused:

I still blame the coach and players for the loss. adleman did not call a timeout in the first quarter when we were getting spanked. did not bring in the only player we had over 6'10" until the 2nd quarter. the kings came out lackluster and let the pistons sieze control of the game.

they really did miss skinners energy tonight.

BigWaxer said:

I aggree we should look at ourselves.

chelle said:
Ok, they did not ALL play poorly. Bibby had a good game. 26 points, 8 assists, and 4 boards. At least he seems to be out of his "funk." We lost this one but will get the next one. All things considered, it could have been much worse. We were playing one of the best defensive teams in the league. We played without a true center. I know it is grasping, but I like to try to look on the bright side whenever possible.
Me too but my bright side is getting smaller and smaller as the season goes on

chelle said:
Good post, chelle!

Nice to see Bibby do well...mainly in the 2nd half.

I have to give credit to Pistons' Defense. I think it was cause of their D that made them win the game.

Whenever you play on the road, you have to play with twice more effort. Road games are tough... So here's hoping the Kings play with more effort this Friday.

I love reading the game thread after the game. Its like knowing the future.

With every post I just shake my head and think, "If only you knew what I know."

Diehard Jim said:
I am not using the refs as an excuse, I just like to complain about the refs!:p .
So many people blame the refs I guess I jumped the trigger on this one. Wanted to stop the bleeding before it started.

It's all good, the nba refs night in and out are just horrible and inconsistant. Sure would be nice if they called all games and players the same. I hate the excuse "he didn't get the call cause he is a rookie and hasn't paid his time"

Status
Not open for further replies.