[Game] Kings @ Pistons, 11/15/21 4pm Pacific 7pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
This hate on Bagley is comical. Guys played 10 min all season. Hustled and didn't hesitate to shoot out there and brought something new to the team. All of this is meaningless against such a terrible team but... All these sarcastic comments making grown men in here sound like 12 year old girls snickering at the new girl at lunch.
Well you got one thing right, he sure didn't hesitate to shoot.

Why do I feel like this wasn't the first time we've had a "must win or coaches are gone" game against the Pistons, that we won and ultimately led to said coach sticking around?

Edit: ah - last year we were on our first 9 game losing streak going into the game against the Pistons, and everyone was like if we lose to the Pistons Walton is gone. Well we won, and he stuck around long enough for us to get another 9 game losing streak woohoo! Good times.
the problem was we already had one horrible embarrassing loss to the Pistons under our belts by then.

Yep, it was the game where we barely beat a team actively trying to lose.
What was so maddening was them coming back from double digits to basically "win" and then intentionally blow it.

I think this is even more maddening when you consider the final NBA standings and the lottery results.

This sorta cocky statement really irks me. They just had a bad 4 game losing streak, haven't proven jack and come out talking with this kinda snark as if we just beat the Bucks in a 7 game series. How about you actually string together a good stretch of 10 games before you make such statements
You're choosing to interpret it that way and taking it as some personal shot or something. Maybe he takes pride in playing with Fox and enjoys doing so? These guys catch a lot of hell day in and day out, and your comment kind of goes to show you why Haliburton may be a little defensive or why he's choosing tp pump up his teammate - along with himself - in this way. They're athletes. There's nothing wrong with showing a little fire, and text is always going to look a little harsher than what it may have actually been. Hell, he very well could have made that statement with a smile on his face. "Snarky" doesn't seem like an appropriate description of Tyrese Halliburton of all people.

This hate on Bagley is comical. Guys played 10 min all season. Hustled and didn't hesitate to shoot out there and brought something new to the team. All of this is meaningless against such a terrible team but... All these sarcastic comments making grown men in here sound like 12 year old girls snickering at the new girl at lunch.
LOL. This is a perfect description. Definitely "Mean Girls" vibes.

This sorta cocky statement really irks me. They just had a bad 4 game losing streak, haven't proven jack and come out talking with this kinda snark as if we just beat the Bucks in a 7 game series. How about you actually string together a good stretch of 10 games before you make such statements
Its not that Matt George always goes easy on the Kings, but yeah I have a hard time listening to him.
Across the pond I find myself enjoying Deuce and Mo and Calvin and Barry of Royal Rebounds. It helps that I too like beer.

I now see that he was quoting Tyrese. Oh well, still not the biggest fan of George but thats okay.

Normally i'd defend the players, but, Bagley is the last one i'd go to bat for right now. He's exhibited nothing but big baby behavior and brought a lot of the current vitriol on himself. His daddy included.
Have at it. Don't have to justify it to me. Doesn't change the optics. "Mean Girls " had their reasons to.

The way he played today looked like he hasn’t been practicing at all. Those post moves were so ugly
Yeah, can't blame that on "Rust", especially when he literally turned down an opportunity to come into a game recently. That strikes me as someone that isn't passionate about basketball and i don't care what anyone says. Someone like Kobe would be LIVID with Bagley, no matter what the situation is and that's what we need around here. Obviously a Kobe level talent or mentality is impossible to find, but, give me players that give a damn about wins and losses, rather than how they're perceived and what numbers they're able to put up.

That's one thing i still miss about guys like Metta World Peace and Cousins.

Honestly, there's no such thing as a "1st quarter win," certainly not with this team.
Sure there is - when a team takes the lead and never looks back. It's an awful game to watch from the losing team's perspective. You could say a loss is a loss - but being behind all game is extra demoralizing. The Pistons 1st quarter no one could make anything - Kings played ok defense, but it was really terrible ugly shooting from several players, but to add to it the Pistons defense the 1st quarter was only slightly better than their putrid offense.

The season high in team assists was nice. Hali slinging dimes left and right is fun basketball. Metu bringing a bit more to the table than Mo is another positive. Fox had a few wow moves and was active in the passing game and defense.

Detroit is terrible and shot poorly. Jerami Harkless with that classic 7 1 1 stat line.

Status
Not open for further replies.