[Game] Kings @ Pelicans, 11/20/2023 5:00pm Pacific 8:00pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colby was wide open but decided to pass it for a low percentage Javale push shot

Kings appear to have cashed out for this seasons first back to back.

Game is still in reach but their energy is crap so the lead feels bigger than it is.

That 4 point play to end the first quarter really knocked the wind out of their sails. Zion is literally spamming the same exact move over and over again.

Well that was the worst 2nd quarter this season by far my goodness. HB might as well sit on side line for defense. On a good note. He’s pretty much confirmed we need to trade him in order to be a legit title contender. We face a real pf in playoffs we gonna get eaten alive

Ugh looks like we got back in the game and figured we could just coast to a victory. Better hit hard and first in the third or we are going to have to write this one off

You need to start doubling Zion when he catches the ball. He's getting to all of his spots and just playing bully ball. The offense looks terrible. If HB is your best scorer, you know it's been a tough night.
I mean, Brown has to try something different. Zion actually hit like 9 lay-ups that quarter because he just ran right around HB/Javale/Domas to finish with his left. The offense is very sloppy, but Brown has to step in there and throw a different look at Zion. Was just 9 minutes of him dominating us.

Have to see if Monk or Fox can manufacture a late miracle, it’s alright if they don’t these guys have been killing it.
Yeah. Stinker games are going to happen and we obviously aren't going to win every game from now till the end of the season. Also doesn't help we're missing essentially 5 bench pieces now (Keon/Duarte/Sasha/Lyles/Len) so we're digging real real deep on the 2nd night of a B-B for some production.

Would like to see Kessler in there a good bit in the 2nd half. Get some ball pressure and just a good defender on the floor to make something happen. Hell, throw him on Zion. Can't get much worse than him missing 1 shot in an entire quarter and scoring 18 points.

Why would have Barnes on Zion. Barnes is a terrible defender...undersize and too easy to run pass. Maybe Keegan will do a better job. Also, why would you let him drive to the left...he's a left hander. He did this consecutive times...you would think they got the message. Is Duarte injury really that bad? It doesn't look that significant, I thought he can play through it rather than going into the locker room.

Part of that's because the Kings can't hit a basket from almost anywhere right now. 53 first half points with Fox in the lineup hasn't happened I don't think.
Domas stopped being aggressive and Fox has been bad. Combine that with us letting Zion score 9 lay-ups with his dominant hand, how we started this game, it's kind of a miracle the lead is only 13 and still technically winnable. Could easily be 30+

Status
Not open for further replies.